Why 'Appealing to a new audience' is a terrible move for 343 Industries, Microsoft, their investors, and of course Halo.

Solumn Trade

So your proof is some random person's opinion from a youtube video. Strong proof there. I hope you can detect the sarcasm in those statements.

You have shown nothing but opinions, of which are only applied to the person giving them. Please stop trying to enforce them as fact.

I have no more time to waste upon this subject as clearly you are not willing to grasp the concept of an opinion. And that is fine. You can argue about it till you are blue in the face if you want. It does not change that you are only arguing an opinion, which quite frankly I don't think has any basis in reality at this point. I am finding that this is boiling down to a perceived "decline" in Halo by you because you are unhappy with a product.

Simply put, if you are not happy with the product then don't use said product. Your unhappiness does not mean the product is broken or unenjoyable by others. I think that is a clear enough statement for you.

On a side note your little sideshow of Phoenix Wright ran its course quite some time ago and in all honesty is just annoying.

Now then as I stated above, I have no inclination to waste anymore of my time with this topic. Enjoy arguing with yourself.

Bye then.

How about this, when Halo 5 comes out, why not just never sprint?

Problem solved, that is unless you want to continue to complain about something that's been in halo since 2010.

HOLD IT!

Because other people will Sprint and use that against you.

My question is, why are you here?

@ vaulting frog, I loved everything you said right until the end. Gaming is a luxury, but no bigger a luxury than accepting money for a product that should be delivered at the highest level of quality to the consumer. I guess that's where the whole target audience factor came into the picture. I'm a die hard halo fan and there were things that beta threw at me that were unfamiliar, but even in the limited time playing was able to adapt as I did in 3 to reach, reach to 4. I love the expansion that we've seen since 343 took the reins. It's seems like there is a more informative story to follow (even in the novels) now. That's one thing we halo fans will always have over other franchise shooter games like cod. I have friends who are cod "fans" who never so much as start campaign mode, and not just a few....

Bye then.

HOLD IT!

Because other people will Sprint and use that against you.

My question is, why are you here?

Well, you've been dealing with sprint since reach.. So why start complaining now? It only adds to the game.

Then again, you're not as bad as Temper..

I'm here since I noticed an exaggerated thread title. 

Well, you've been dealing with sprint since reach.. So why start complaining now? It only adds to the game.

Then again, you're not as bad as Temper..

I'm here since I noticed an exaggerated thread title. 

Sprint used to be an armor ability, that could be countered by other armor abilities, and it could be removed. While there were still problems with Sprint, armor lock overshadowed it, which is why people probably didn't notice Sprint as much.

My title is not exaggerated. I do not believe it's a good idea for 343 to look for 'new' people, when those 'new' people might not exist in large enough numbers to warrant sacrificing the needs of those they already have. In fact, I do believe most of the people they are trying to target ALREADY HAD Halo, as well as COD.

@ vaulting frog, I loved everything you said right until the end. Gaming is a luxury, but no bigger a luxury than accepting money for a product that should be delivered at the highest level of quality to the consumer. I guess that's where the whole target audience factor came into the picture. I'm a die hard halo fan and there were things that beta threw at me that were unfamiliar, but even in the limited time playing was able to adapt as I did in 3 to reach, reach to 4. I love the expansion that we've seen since 343 took the reins. It's seems like there is a more informative story to follow (even in the novels) now. That's one thing we halo fans will always have over other franchise shooter games like cod. I have friends who are cod "fans" who never so much as start campaign mode, and not just a few....

HANG ON!

It's fine if you do want to continue playing Halo under 343. But many have lost trust in them. I have lost trust in them. And I only feel it appropriate to express my suspicions.

It's true that you may indeed have adapted to Halo 5 multiplayer, but I must ask you one question:

WHERE ARE THE VEHICLES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha85QYA0wxI&index=10&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3hPzULIPfnFptaAsnEdNMN

In every beta of Halo there has ever been, there at least was some vehicle combat. I won't say that 343 won't include them in multiplayer, but I have my doubts because of what 343 tried to do to them in Halo 4, making them obsolete, which was expressed in the video vaulting frog quickly dismissed. I won't ask you not to go ahead and get Halo 5, but tell me:

What if vehicles aren't in Halo 5 multiplayer? What would that do to your confidence in 343? Could you really handle it, if they pulled something like that? I say this out of concern, not spite.

What is your limit when it comes to changes to Halo? When will it stop being Halo to you?

Sprint used to be an armor ability, that could be countered by other armor abilities, and it could be removed. While there were still problems with Sprint, armor lock overshadowed it, which is why people probably didn't notice Sprint as much.

My title is not exaggerated. I do not believe it's a good idea for 343 to look for 'new' people, when those 'new' people might not exist in large enough numbers to warrant sacrificing the needs of those they already have. In fact, I do believe most of the people they are trying to target ALREADY HAD Halo, as well as COD.

HANG ON!

It's fine if you do want to continue playing Halo under 343. But many have lost trust in them. I have lost trust in them. And I only feel it appropriate to express my suspicions.

It's true that you may indeed have adapted to Halo 5 multiplayer, but I must ask you one question:

WHERE ARE THE VEHICLES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha85QYA0wxI&index=10&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3hPzULIPfnFptaAsnEdNMN

In every beta of Halo there has ever been, there at least was some vehicle combat. I won't say that 343 won't include them in multiplayer, but I have my doubts because of what 343 tried to do to them in Halo 4, making them obsolete, which was expressed in the video vaulting frog quickly dismissed. I won't ask you not to go ahead and get Halo 5, but tell me:

What if vehicles aren't in Halo 5 multiplayer? What would that do to your confidence in 343? Could you really handle it, if they pulled something like that? I say this out of concern, not spite.

What is your limit when it comes to changes to Halo? When will it stop being Halo to you?

They focused on small, arena combat for the Beta. I believe they confirmed that they will show "BTB" and "Vehicle Combat" later this year.

• Like 1

They focused on small, arena combat for the Beta. I believe they confirmed that they will show "BTB" and "Vehicle Combat" later this year.

*shakes head

When typing in '343 confirms BTB and vehicles will return in Halo 5', I come up with nothing on Google but fans speculating on what sort of vehicles might be in Halo 5. It worries me. Never has a Halo game been so quiet about vehicle combat. In fact, every beta I've seen of Halo until now included vehicles in one form or another. I know it would be a suicidal move for 343 to exclude them, but then they DID implement their own form of killstreaks and took out the 'arena shooter' aspect of Halo during Halo 4, and only changed it when the population was nearly dead. Now I think they're taking the 'arena shooter' aspect too far and we might just end up with, well, arenas. After all, the most popular map in Halo 4 was Haven. Haven didn't have vehicles.

I'm just afraid 343 is looking too close at the numbers and not interpreting them correctly. People should not consider purchasing Halo 5, at least until there's solid proof and confirmation that vehicles will exist in multiplayer. But if you're fine with a Halo that doesn't have vehicles (YES THERE ACTUALLY WAS A HERETIC THAT SAID THAT). by all means go full steam ahead.

*shakes head

When typing in '343 confirms BTB and vehicles will return in Halo 5', I come up with nothing on Google but fans speculating on what sort of vehicles might be in Halo 5. It worries me. Never has a Halo game been so quiet about vehicle combat. In fact, every beta I've seen of Halo until now included vehicles in one form or another. I know it would be a suicidal move for 343 to exclude them, but then they DID implement their own form of killstreaks and took out the 'arena shooter' aspect of Halo during Halo 4, and only changed it when the population was nearly dead. Now I think they're taking the 'arena shooter' aspect too far and we might just end up with, well, arenas. After all, the most popular map in Halo 4 was Haven. Haven didn't have vehicles.

I'm just afraid 343 is looking too close at the numbers and not interpreting them correctly. People should not consider purchasing Halo 5, at least until there's solid proof and confirmation that vehicles will exist in multiplayer. But if you're fine with a Halo that doesn't have vehicles (YES THERE ACTUALLY WAS A HERETIC THAT SAID THAT). by all means go full steam ahead.

I read this either from a message in the Beta (the ones that pop up and tell you stuff), one of the Halo: Bulletin Vids, or via some other source of media.

I remember quite clearly them saying this. I'll try to get the source if I can.

I'm guessing they already have enough data from Halo 4 for the vehicles, or will do testing with players at future Events (where they do tournaments).

I read this either from a message in the Beta (the ones that pop up and tell you stuff), one of the Halo: Bulletin Vids, or via some other source of media.

I remember quite clearly them saying this. I'll try to get the source if I can.

I'm guessing they already have enough data from Halo 4 for the vehicles, or will do testing with players at future Events (where they do tournaments).

Very well then. Please do your utmost to calm my fears. Removing vehicles would go WAYYY to far to cater to 'a new audience'. After all, as mentioned in one of the videos I presented, vehicles do present a huge skill gap for new players to overcome. It would kill me if 343 removed them just because they felt like new players don't deserve to be killed by pro vehicle drivers.

Very well then. Please do your utmost to calm my fears. Removing vehicles would go WAYYY to far to cater to 'a new audience'. After all, as mentioned in one of the videos I presented, vehicles do present a huge skill gap for new players to overcome. It would kill me if 343 removed them just because they felt like new players don't deserve to be killed by pro vehicle drivers.

You make it sound like vehicles are actually hard to use..

You make it sound like vehicles are actually hard to use..

Perhaps I should have said 'competent' drivers. Happy?

Ash is right, I don't think there's a such thing as "pro-drivers". And I highly doubt that 343i would remove vehicles, because those are a big thing in Halo.

I apologize for not selecting my words more carefully so that you may not jump upon them. My bad.

Well I see two outcomes to this, 1. The Halo community will expand with new players ready to enjoy a new experience (Not sure it would be good or bad) 2. Current Halo players might hate it, so 343 will lose some of the 'loyal' players. Now if you think about the previous Halo games, they all have a unique gameplay addition to it. So change might be good, no one wants to play a game that just re-makes the same thing over and over again without much changes OR in CoDs case horrible new changes that breaks the game. I might be the only person to say this but I'm actually happy for new changes. ^_^

• Like 1

Solumn, you really need to relax with your replies. Constant entire post quoting is annoying and takes up too much space. Every single time I see something that you responded with, you have this arrogant, know-it-all nature about it.

Everyone "thinks" they know what is best for Halo, but you take it way too far. Unless you know how to run a business, have marketing experience and or have participated in the development of a franchise....than you're whole thread topic is not only misleading, but arrogant in and of itself.

Just to be clear, for every single point and video you post, anyone can easily link a video showcasing the opposite view and post a different aspect. All I have seen is rude behavior. You are you to ask Ash, why are you here? in such a rude manor? She is a member of this community just like everyone else. If you don't particularly like whom replies to your posts, then I suggest you stop making posts.

• Like 2

Solumn, you really need to relax with your replies. Constant entire post quoting is annoying and takes up too much space. Every single time I see something that you responded with, you have this arrogant, know-it-all nature about it.

Everyone "thinks" they know what is best for Halo, but you take it way too far. Unless you know how to run a business, have marketing experience and or have participated in the development of a franchise....than you're whole thread topic is not only misleading, but arrogant in and of itself.

Just to be clear, for every single point and video you post, anyone can easily link a video showcasing the opposite view and post a different aspect. All I have seen is rude behavior. You are you to ask Ash, why are you here? in such a rude manor? She is a member of this community just like everyone else. If you don't particularly like whom replies to your posts, then I suggest you stop making posts.

It is true that I may have not been nice to some of the people who posted here. But you know what? When I try to be reasonable, people start talking down to me. Therefore I'm going for the preemptive strike. I won't be nice, because I know others aren't going to be nice to me. They will use excuse after excuse to defend developers and publishers who don't care about them, and will cut and water down a game as much as they can in order to get the highest amount of profit. Even when developers aren't 'appealing to a broader audience', they still cut the game up into little pieces to resell as DLC, which is exactly what happened to Destiny.

I am running out of patience for people's ignorance. So please forgive me if I've taken up the role play of a lawyer, which is more concerned about figuring out the truth than worrying about people's feelings. The truth hurts. Of course I can't just present concrete evidence of wrongdoing, because of course those companies who are performing wrongdoing or planning on doing wrongdoing are going to do their best to hide it. We can only guess their motives and plans based on what we see. And all I see is DLC, DLC, DLC.

To the beat of 'Let it Snow':

I know I'd be lying,

If I said triple-A is dying,

Cause everyone I try to warn,

Will just scorn! Will just scorn! Will just scorn!

Right okay so my personal thoughts on this matter, would you not think if you were going around on multiplayer in the Halo games today if there was no sprint mechanic, no loadout's, perks etc. "Christ this is so outdated!"? Because I know for a fact you would, as a bit of a game critic and Media student myself I happen to know that if I analysed a game like the old Halo games by nowadays standards I wouldn't really think the game was all that, don't give me wrong, the old games were very, very good, I would even go as far to say that they were the best games of their era and as a massive oldschool Halo fan I, like many other Halo players have had to adapt to the in my opinion; great changes that 343i have made to Halo, not all of them are good such as the new armour abilities, I'm not really a big fan of those but for the most part 343 brought great changes to the franchise as it needed a reboot.

As for the part where people say that Halo itself plays loads like CoD now, I think that's ridiculous. Now I know, as crazy as it may sound with a name like 'Halo5willbecool' on a 343 fan forum, I'm actually not a fanboy, my name is a joke, originating from my original name on the forum that I created on the website as I kinda like make make jokes out of my past decisions. But yeah, I've played both CoD: AW and the Halo 5: Beta and I have to say that neither of them felt anything alike CoD was still much more fast paced and less competitively focused whereas Halo 5, while being much more fast paced than it used to be still has that amazing flowing like gameplay and has the same charm that I used to like about the old games, my whole say on the matter is that people, in my opinion can't say 343i are a bad company and have done a bad job at just suddenly taking one of the biggest franchises on the planet. Because honestly if you owned a spin-off company and took on one of the world's biggest franchises with one of the world's most demanding communities I don't think that anybody could do as much of a good job as they done and they only 'partially' ruined one Halo game, Halo 4 wasn't all bad.

If people haven't played a full game they cannot say whether it's a bad game or not, just like I can't say yet whether the game is fully positive yet. What I have been saying is based purely off of opinion from what I've played on the beta, however at the same time I do think the oldschool portion of the community that can't adapt would lighten up a little bit and look at the new games with a more positive attitude, I must also say dude that 343i do know exactly what made Halo popular as I've said it many times before and I'll say it again the majority of Bungie's talent went with 343 to continue the support on the Halo franchise, hence how Destiny in my opinion is quite bad.

Anyway dude, all of this was purely based off of opinion and I also respect your opinion but I still in my opinion think that the newschool community are perfectly valid to call themselves Halo fans and I also think that people should look at the new games in a more positive way, those are just my thoughts and opinions though. Thank you for sharing your thoughts though :thumbsup:.

Right okay so my personal thoughts on this matter, would you not think if you were going around on multiplayer in the Halo games today if there was no sprint mechanic, no loadout's, perks etc. "Christ this is so outdated!"? Because I know for a fact you would

OBJECTION!

There's no way I would think that Halo was outdated. I DON'T PLAY MODERN MILITARY SHOOTERS!

When I got my hands on Halo 4 from my roommate who borrowed it to me, that was the day I decided not to get an Xbox One. Despite the bad things Microsoft was planning to do with the Xbox One, Halo 4 was the turning point. I also did not renew my Xbox Live subscription. I invested fully into my PC since then, and I am now a returning customer to Steam.

The only reason I have so much knowledge about COD, Battlefield, and other 'modern' FPS titles is because I've watched my roommate play, and he complained 90% of the time. And 90% of the time, he was justified (invisible guy with C4 because the textures didn't render in Battlefield 4, anyone?)

You can't fool me with a  :thumbsup: . You pretend to build bridges, but really are trying to present my 'opinions' as insignificant and override them with your own.

"I happen to know that if I analysed a game like the old Halo games by nowadays standards I wouldn't really think the game was all that"

Do you mean, these standards?

"As for the part where people say that Halo itself plays loads like CoD now, I think that's ridiculous."

About this ridiculous?

"people, in my opinion can't say 343i are a bad company and have done a bad job at just suddenly taking one of the biggest franchises on the planet. Because honestly if you owned a spin-off company and took on one of the world's biggest franchises with one of the world's most demanding communities I don't think that anybody could do as much of a good job as they done"

007: Goldeneye for the N64 was made by Rare, a brand new developer at the time. They not only made an 'ok' movie licensed game (and we all know how bad movie licensed games typically are), but they made a game that proved that FPS genre was a viable venture on consoles (which was already thriving on PC).

" they only 'partially' ruined one Halo game"

When they got hold of Halo Reach, they removed Firefight Limited as a play list. Their TU did do things that people liked, but then they backpedaled on it.

Halo 4 did not have working file share at launch nor for many months. The game was redesigned to have an XP unlock system to sell Mountain Dew and Doritoes. Forge remains broken, with nearly every piece being off by 'just that much' when using coordinate lock or magnets, without even precision editing to manually fix it.

The Halo MCC is merely a collection of PORTS. And to my knowledge, there are still matchmaking problems, and ranks keep getting reset.

"If people haven't played a full game they cannot say whether it's a bad game or not"

So, you wouldn't be able to figure out if a game is bad or not from watching a video like this?

A responsible consumer does their research before a purchase.

"I must also say dude that 343i do know exactly what made Halo popular"

Just because they might know what made Halo popular, doesn't mean they will do it. In fact, they haven't. It certainly didn't stop them from creating a class system in Halo 4 that runs off of XP fueled by Mountain Dew and Doritoes DOUBLE XP, did it? I don't care if it's Microsoft or 343 who made the decision, it still happened.

"I've said it many times before and I'll say it again the majority of Bungie's talent went with 343 to continue the support on the Halo franchise"

HOLD IT!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191234/making_halo_4_a_story_about_.php?page=3

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/343_Industries

TAKE THAT!

"Bungie's talent went with 343 to continue the support on the Halo franchise, hence how Destiny in my opinion is quite bad"

HANG ON!

Not exactly...

"all of this was purely based off of opinion"

TAKE THAT!

Your own words betray you. You and I are nothing alike. My opinions are based on research. Yours are based on hearsay. I am informed. You are ignorant. I am a fan. YOU ARE A FANBOY. Your forum name has nothing to do with it.

I'm not a know-it-all. It's just most people have decided to know nothing at all. That's what makes me upset with most people. It's why nearly every day I double-face-palm-combo-face-desk.