Greetings, forum.

Recently, 343 Industries announced their first digital novel, Halo: New Blood. This will feature ODST Edward Buck, also known as 'Bucky'. He's only been seen in Halo 3: ODST, but this novel will show us how he gets on after the Human-Covenant War. With the Chief being listed as MIA and several other Spartans being killed in battle, the new Spartan-IV program is introduced. After the UNSC recognising Buck's heroic efforts in the Human-Covenant War, they leave him with two options. He can either retire to a luxurious life, or take up a promotion and become a Spartan-IV. Buck has to make a life-changing decision. Will he retire and live the nice, peaceful life any veteran soldier would love? Or, will he join the new Spartan program and continue to fight whatever force opposes mankind?

canon_fodder_ep2_542x305-cd5000e3f52442d

Cover art for Halo: New Blood

Halo: New Blood will be released on 2 March, 2015. It will be written through Buck's perspective.

What do you think about this? Are you happy to see old Bucky make a return?

Thanks for reading.

- Spartan

Source: http://halo4nation.com/other/halo-blood-announced-buck-odsts/

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 9

Don't know if I will buy/read the novel but I'm glad that we get to see what happenes to him, and maybe the other ODST's, after the events of Halo 3: ODST.

If he does decide to become a spartan, and he most likely will, I'd like to see him in Halo 5: Guardians. Maybe even in Locke's spartan team. 

• Like 1

This is a really nice find. I'm glad Sergeant Buck made it this far. From Reach to Post-War.

Although he didn't have much put into the story, I'm sort of glad more would be known about him. He's one of the few who have made it through the entire war from beginning to end. You don't see much of them. Trying to think of someone else besides Chief, Buck, and Halsey that survived requires some thinking.

I personally won't be watching/reading the digital novel either. For reasons just because I do not wish too.

• 3 weeks later...