Halo: The Master Chief Collection Update Beta

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Update Beta

Halo.jpg

Before 343i releases the next update for Halo: The Masterchief Collection they want to beta test it first.

A few days ago the patch notes for the upcoming update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection were revealed on Halowaypoint and covered by EK. His article can be found here.

But instead of the usual download prompt everyone gets the following week, a select group of people will get to beta test it first before it is released to the general public. Yes you read it right, a beta for an update.

Members of the Xbox One preview programme located in North America will recieve a message from Xbox Live somewhere these days with an opt-in download to download the upcoming patch to beta test it. A Q&A on how this will all go down for the preview programme members in Noth America can be found here.

The Beta will run from January the 23rd to January the 26th and will eat up 1-2GB of your HDD.

The reason why it will only be tested in North America is to ensure a maximum amount of players during the evening in North America. Strictly business, no hard feelings ;)

A date for the public roll-out of the update has not been released yet.

What do you think of this idea to beta test an update?

Let us know down below!

As always, thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Eurogamer

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 3

Well although I have not played enough MCC to experience any problems, the premise of a Beta Patch has me a little worried. Historically since launch, it appears the patches to date have done little overall, as we have seen complaints about everything working, then breaking again. When I hear things like Beta Patch, my mind automatically uses logic to come to this simple conclussion..."343 has no idea how to really fix it".

If the development team was really aware of what the particular problems were and how to impliment a solid fix, they shouldnt need to beta test it. Sorry if this sounds so negative, but im just seeing it for what i think it is.

• Like 1

I think this is exactly right^^

Not that I don't have faith in 343. I'm actually really impressed that they went through putting out the MCC and Halo 5 Beta for us. I just don't think they know what the problem is and this should beta is a more controlled way of finding out than just analyzing the different problems on a global scale. 

And, as usual, the experiences of those of us outside America apparently don't matter.

We pay just as much as any American for our games, so it would be lovely if 343i could drop treating us as second-class when rolling out potential performance boosts.

I feel the same way.. Why do greedy Americans get good stuff? I don't hate them, but this is the kind of thing that frustrates me..

Well.. happy they are at least fixing problems.. Thanks for the news, P34nut.

Unfortunately, Microsoft is an American Company, so their home audience is always gonna get taken care of first.  Similar to how Korea and outlying immediate countries get device support and new models before the rest of the world from Companies like Sony, Samsung, Nokia, etc...

• Like 1

Well this update is something they've been working on for a long time, even before some of the previous updates. It makes sense that they want to test it to see if it won't cause any more problems. There's alot of stuff in the MCC, so alot can go wrong. Murphy's law may apply here.

Bottom line, maybe they just want to test something before they release it and potentially break the game even more.

Well, Its not like your typical game that will last a year. MCC will be played for a long time, so beta testing a patch that should fix most issues doesn't seem like a bad idea. At least they're still dedicating time to fixing MCC rather than forgetting about it and focusing on Halo 5.