Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and Limited Edition

I_Make_Big_Boom

ipKPCtW.png

Today, 2K & Gearbox announced... Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for both Xbox One, and PS4 at the price of 60$. It contains a remastered Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and Borderlands 2.

Here's some of the features of the game:

• Now supports 4 Player Co-op on the same console (compared to the original 2 max)
  • Saves from the previous-gen Pre-Sequel, or 2 carry over to the PS4/Xbox One version. You cannot cross saves from a PS3 to an Xbox One, and so on
  • All DLC from both the Pre-Sequel, and 2 will be in the Handsome Collection. This includes the unreleased DLC for the Pre-Sequel
  • The game runs at 1080p, and up to 60fps. In 4 player splitscreen it's around 30fps

Full list of DLC:

Borderlands 2

• Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
  • Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
  • Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
  • The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
  • Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
  • Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
  • Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
  • T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
  • The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
  • How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
  • Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
  • Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
  • Character Customization Packs
    • Collector's Edition Pack
    • Commando Madness Pack
    • Commando Supremacy Pack
    • Commando Domination Pack
    • Siren Madness Pack
    • Siren Supremacy Pack
    • Siren Domination Pack
    • Gunzerker Madness Pack
    • Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
    • Gunzerker Domination Pack
    • Mechromancer Madness Pack
    • Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
    • Mechromancer Domination Pack
    • Assassin Madness Pack
    • Assassin Supremacy Pack
    • Assassin Domination Pack
    • Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
    • Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
    • Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
    • Psycho Madness Pack
    • Psycho Supremacy Pack
    • Psycho Domination Pack
    • Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
    • Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
    • Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
    • Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
    • Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    • Psycho Party Pack
    • Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    • Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    • Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

• Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
  • Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
  • Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
  • Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

In addition a limited edition (which there are only 5,000 units) dubbed the Claptrap-in-a-box Edition will release simultaneously with the regular edition at a price of 400$. Here's what it contains:

• Remote controlled Claptrap that stands 11 inches tall, and is controlled using an iOS, and Android app for Phone or Tablet: ClaptrApp. The Claptrap also has a camera in it's eye that can be streamed to the app. The bot speaks nearly two dozen different phrases, and it's battery life lasts around 20 minutes.
  • The Handsome Jack Collection, including all the DLC
  • 12 Vault Hunter lithographs: all the Vault Hunters from the games in the Handsome Collection.
  • Collectible steel case for the games with custom artwork

Limited Edition & Game screenshots, Announcement Trailer, and Claptrap RC demo:

BorderlandsHandsomeCollection.jpg

borderlandshandsomecollection.jpg

2784767-borderlands.jpg

2784558-2k_claptrap-robot_finished_produ

Both the Standard, and Limited Editions of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection are now available for pre-order. The game will release in North America on March 24th, and internationally on March 27th.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts?

Source: Gamespot, Techspot, Gameinformer

http://www.gamespot.com/Borderlads-PS4-Xbox-One-Remaster-Handsome-Jack-Collection/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/400-borderlands-xbox-one-ps4-bundle-comes-with-rem/1100-6424748/

http://www.techspot.com/news/59462-borderlands-handsome-collection-next-gen-consoles-comes-remote

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/20/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-lands-on-xbox-one-ps4-in-march-with-a-400-limited-edition.aspx

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Squidward Tortellini
  • Like 4

Never played Borderlands, but this seems great for those interested. Great article SD.

By the way, does playing the second Borderlands without playing the first affect how much I'll end up enjoying the game (overall including both gameplay and story)?

I barely played the first one, but what I did play through, I didn't enjoy nearly as much as I enjoyed the second. The gameplay, graphics, characters and story were all way more appealing to me than in the first one (mostly cause of the mechromancer and psycho characters).

As for the article, I love that they are doing this, have been planning on going back and playing through it again, but didn't have anyone to do it with. Now it's coming out for Xbox One with alllllll the DLC (ermagherd content). Definitely near the top of my "To buy" list XD

Edit: Oh yeah, and since it includes the Pre-Sequel, that's an added bonus too o_o

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 1

Never played Borderlands besides the first one so this might make me want to give it a go.

However is there any news if this will be at 60 FPS? After seeing what 60 FPS can do for games like Halo I hope this collection can benefit from that hardware boost too + 60 FPS is just the best. 

• Like 1

Never played Borderlands besides the first one so this might make me want to give it a go.

However is there any news if this will be at 60 FPS? After seeing what 60 FPS can do for games like Halo I hope this collection can benefit from that hardware boost too + 60 FPS is just the best. 

I'll update the thread if I get an update. I don't think the games will run at 60fps with 4 player splitscreen, but that's just what I think.

I barely played the first one, but what I did play through, I didn't enjoy nearly as much as I enjoyed the second. The gameplay, graphics, characters and story were all way more appealing to me than in the first one (mostly cause of the mechromancer and psycho characters).

Sounds good. I may consider picking this up someday, if it catches my eye and is at a low enough price.

I got the info.

• The game runs at 1080p, and up to 60fps. In 4 player splitscreen it's around 30fps

The thread is updated with a bunch of new information.

30 Fps.. With those graphics, you'd think it would be 60 all the time..

4 player splitscreen is not going to handle 60fps with all the stuff going on in the games. Single Player most likely can cap 60fps easily, and 2 player is a minor hit.

Halo 2: Anniversary isn't even as large as Borderlands, but still gets frame rate drops with only 2 player splitscreen.

4 player splitscreen is not going to handle 60fps with all the stuff going on in the games. Single Player most likely can cap 60fps easily, and 2 player is a minor hit.

Halo 2: Anniversary isn't even as large as Borderlands, but still gets frame rate drops with only 2 player splitscreen.

Even with updated textures and shaders, Borderlands graphics suck compared to H2A. The cell shaded art style is terrible. I doubt it takes much processing power to render..

Even with updated textures and shaders, Borderlands graphics suck compared to H2A. The cell shaded art style is terrible. I doubt it takes much processing power to render..

Borderlands pretty much is a large open world. Halo 2 Anniversary is reserved to only 1 map per game. There's ALLOT of stuff in the map in Borderlands compared to H2A.

Wait.... and I just realised Borderlands one isn't coming with this. :(

So, is it worth playing the original Borderlands first I must ask?

If you want to get a feel of the game yes, but Borderlands 1 is much different than Borderlands 2, Pre Sequel. I would suggest playing it when you have the time. :)

• 2 weeks later...