Halo: The Master Chief Collection Patch Notes Revealed

343i has released a set of Patch Notes for the Master Chief Collection that feature some new tweaks to the game and essential error fixes. 

If you don't consider the recent constant updating and tweaking to Halo: The Master Chief Collection after it's disastrous launch a huge red flag of 'Damage Control', I don't know what you would replace it with. Thankfully, 343i is doing their best to fix the game with a new patch now available for download, notes available on HaloWaypoint.com. The update makes massive changes to multiplayer searching increasing the success rate for matches and downplaying the 'Awaiting Privileges' error people received, among other small fixes such as sound tweaks to the countdown timer. The major general update to multiplayer was in the form of updating Halo 2 Anniversary's connection and decreasing bandwidth spikes. Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4's campaigns received stat tracking updates, and Halo 3 and 4's scoring for penalties for empty vehicles have been updated. The menus had minor changes such as the booming music volume being lowered and updates to multiplayer status messaging and drop out removal of emblems. If you are one of the six total people who use the Legacy controller scheme, you might have to adjust a bit as the scheme has been enhanced a bit, and finally, stability across all titles has been improved.

post-26953-0-77373700-1421721274_thumb.jpg

It's great that they're looking to fix this stuff, but I want to see more focus on glaring issues such as connection between countries and states being improved as well as the game's blatant empty matchmaking system. There aren't enough game modes right now to make matchmaking viable, even with most people having an easier time getting into a game, and campaign is a mess with friends from different areas with bad connections, hell, I tried playing with Self Destruct (who lives in the US) and Halo 5 Follower (Australia), and only my framerate dropped with Halo 5, but I'd get kicked with SD. Anyway, what do you think could be improved besides the above? Let me know in the thread below, and I'll catch ya'll next time.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6