Frag Grenades

Snuffman

Frag grenades (or any type of grenade for that matter) were never a problem (for me at least) in the past halo games but I feel like In halo 5 they are a bit to overpowered. They seem to be more bouncy and have a larger explosion radius and I frankly find this quite annoying. For example one time I was on Pegasus and it was 49-49 my shields were down and so were my enemies, I was doing that this where u jump scope and float and he chucks a grenade it bounces off the stairs and I see it fly up straight in front of my face and it explodes in midair (frags couldn't bounce this high in halo 4). So please just do something to make frags worse because as of now halo 5 is a battle rifle and frag grenade bloodbath and it pains me to watch it

• Like 1

Physics wise, a lot can go wrong when the ricochet settings are involved.  Even if the ricochet is specified at a set degree or power, sometimes there are instances where the collision and physics don't quite work when dealing with a lucky odd angle, or anything similar.  Even in Halo 2 PC, I have tested a map of my own and had some funky ricochets with bullets, grenades etc...

But like Brony said, it's a beta.  the earliest beta in halo's history, so I'm sure things will be worked out to a more acceptable degree by launch.

Is it possible there is simply some extra bleed through for damage?  From my experience in previous Halo's, the grenades same roughly the exact same setting, within like 0.05 of measurement damage wise.  The only thing different is the bleed through or increased radius in which splash damage and direct radius damage fall off.

I'm curious as to what you think it might be in particular?  Until homebrew comes around I won't be able to look at actual Halo 5 game data

This is what betas are for, to make sure everything like that is balanced.

I'm positive that will be fixed when the game is actually released!

I know that's y I posted this so they could hopefully do something about it before halo 5

Frag grenades (or any type of grenade for that matter) were never a problem (for me at least) in the past halo games but I feel like In halo 5 they are a bit to overpowered. They seem to be more bouncy and have a larger explosion radius and I frankly find this quite annoying. For example one time I was on Pegasus and it was 49-49 my shields were down and so were my enemies, I was doing that this where u jump scope and float and he chucks a grenade it bounces off the stairs and I see it fly up straight in front of my face and it explodes in midair (frags couldn't bounce this high in halo 4). So please just do something to make frags worse because as of now halo 5 is a battle rifle and frag grenade bloodbath and it pains me to watch it

Frags can be shot, and explode in midair. It's happened to me allot.

Frags are a little OP, but you can easily dodge them with Thrusters.

They still include that functionality? Nice. What about precision weapons and dropped grenades?

A BR should be able to shoot a grenade out of the air. Any precision weapon could.

From what I remember you can't blow up a loose grenade on the ground which is strange. I need to go check on that Trench map, and see if they can blow up when shot at.

For clarity, here's a guy shooting a grenade in midair:

http://www.xboxdvr.com/MandrewAA/7d17f553-0e07-4c20-a82c-aafa4a35e0f8

Ya he didn't shott he retreated to cover after throwing it

I can't understand what you're saying at all.

I know that's y I posted this so they could hopefully do something about it before halo 5

Well 343i won't read it here, we are a fan forum, ya might try on Halowaypoint.com

What is your opinion on the plasma grenades, they feel a lot weaker in my opinion.