Orion

Pegasus

Why 343 should remake Halo 5 and push it back

Stick to the core gameplay from Halo 1-3

Listen to the community

Fix MCC

Sprint doesnt belong in halo?

well try this out for size

"Only a few months after augmentation procedures the SPARTAN-IIs were noted of being capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 kmh or 34.2 mph"

this is taken from the actual lore from Halo  Spartans were not walking tanks 

far as the ground pound goes sounds like a bug they need to fix 

Quick scoping does not belong in any multiplayer game if you want to do it in private match fine but not in public

I will agree with you on the 3 year development cycle

with that being said you do realize this is a community forum?

if you want to get your message to 343 then halowaypoint.com is where u wanna go

course you are welcome here tooo xD but in regards to getting a message to 343^

Sprint doesnt belong in halo?

well try this out for size

"Only a few months after augmentation procedures the SPARTAN-IIs were noted of being capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 kmh or 34.2 mph"

this is taken from the actual lore from Halo  Spartans were not walking tanks 

far as the ground pound goes sounds like a bug they need to fix 

Quick scoping does not belong in any multiplayer game if you want to do it in private match fine but not in public

I will agree with you on the 3 year development cycle

with that being said you do realize this is a community forum?

if you want to get your message to 343 then halowaypoint.com is where u wanna go

course you are welcome here tooo xD but in regards to getting a message to 343^

I already posted it on Halowaypoint.  Also it isn't an opinion that sprint belongs in Halo when the majority of the community says the same thing.  Halo was never meant to have sprint in it. Why? Because Halo is an arena shooter.  Call of duty is meant to have sprint because it is not an arena shooter.  Quick scoping does belong in multiplayer games because it takes a certain amount of skill in order to execute them.  Ask any professional Halo player and they will tell you the same thing.  Also catering to the casuals is the wrong way to make a game. Why? Because the competitive players are the one's that make them money in the long run. Casuals will play the game for a little bit and move on to a different game.  Competitive players advertise the game on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Youtube, at events, etc.  In the short run it is smart to cater to the casuals, but then you look at the population 3 months after release and you realize that's not the way to make Halo.

I'm just gonna start off in my usual fashion by calling you what you clearly are...an idiot.  There is no such thing as a "casual" or "competitive" gamer.  A game being competitive is purely a state of mind.  ANY game can be competitive so long as the participants at the moment, are feeling and or dedicating themselves to making said a battle of whits or skill.  This may be a shocker to you, but not everyone plays competitive 100% of the time.

And do me a favor, show me some statistical data to back up the claim that these "competitive" players earn the developers and publishers more money.  Seriously, if your gonna throw claims like that around, show me some revenue reports or statistics directly from Microsoft, and some half baked argument about what you have seen personally.

Also sprint has been a feature in a LOT of games over the past 30 years.  Maybe not in the sense of what we are used to, but the condition of speeding up the players movements is a long and used mechanic in gaming.  Sprint does have a place in Halo and it is not a forced mechanic on ANYONE.  We do have custom options and playlists, but again, whether or not those playlists are used or created is not the developers concern. 

And real quick,(i had to edit this) please show me some data also that indicates that a majority, that being 51% or more...since you probably aren't very good with numbers, of players do not like sprint, and believe that it does not belong?  Because coming here or a handful of other sites is NOT gauging the entire communities perspective.  unless your seriously going to to go around and collect actual names (separate site and member) and poll answers, you CANNOT legitimately claim that a majority of players hate sprint.

Quick scoping is not a skill.  I've seen my son do quick scoping with one eye.  The fact that auto-aim and aim assist exists by default, make quick scoping or any other form of it on the console a complete joke.  Now on the PC....completely different story.

Also it isn't an opinion that sprint belongs in Halo when the majority of the community says the same thing.

Are you kidding me?

Are you stating that simply because 'the majority' of the community says they don't want sprint in the game (CITATION NEEDED) that it isn't an opinion anymore?

You're wrong. While it could possibly be a highly supported opinion that many people back, it doesn't make the statement 'Sprint doesn't belong in Halo.' fact. I don't know why you think it does, but it doesn't.

I know many people that like sprint, and they are Pro-Evolution for the Halo series.

"Sprint doesn't belong in Halo!" is still an opinion, no matter how many people support it.

Edited by Surveillance

Well, I might suggest one thing you might really like. I think Halo should have sprint, because of new generations coming up. like Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 doesn't have sprint, because it's old versions. so then Halo 4, and Halo 5 have sprint, right? It's the new generation of Halo. It's not like Halo is copying COD or anything, Just saying it's probably some old and new generations. Think about it. 

• Like 1

Generational differences only compensate for the engine evolution aspect of the Halo franchise.  Sprint was a feature that was supposed to be included in Halo 2 and 3.  If you watch the VidOC series of the development of both games, you clearly see that due to keeping the games linear was more important than adding the features they wanted.

Also at the time, engine development was limited.  Software wise, it takes the industry on average, 7 years to completely utilize and harness the capabilities of hardware to it's full extent.  For example, look at the graphical difference between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

That being said, in recent years since 343i took over development in house for Halo, we have seen it stated many times that they included a more traditional sprint feature to speed up gameplay.  While I do agree that sprint speeds up gameplay, gameplay can be sped just as easily by having smaller maps and or larger amounts of vehicles on maps that are larger.  In Halo CE through 3, sprint would be nice yes, but because of the way the maps are laid out and the spawn assigned netgame equipment, gameplay is already solid.

Almost forgot to add this as my point to the whole thing Maggie.  Mapping a controller and adding additional button assignments in an engine is simplistic.  Had they really wanted or felt the need to include sprint as they wanted as far back as Halo 2, they could of with ease on the v1.2 Blam! engine

• Like 3

I'm sure quite a few people don't want sprint in Halo, but that number is way smaller than you think. Sprint only adds to the game, it doesn't take anything away from it. Being able to get places like weapon spawns or where your team is at faster is clearly a plus.

Also, you do realise that Halo already is on a 3 year cycle. 343 did very little work on MCC. Saber Interactive, Certain Affinity and other studios did the most work on MCC. 343 has been focused on Guardians since after Halo 4 launched, which was in 2012. It's now 2015. I'm sure you know simple math.

So, saying that they "stole" abilities from other games is just plain stupid. Sprint has been in almost every FPS in the last 10 years. No one game owns it. Clamber and slide haven't have been stolen, considering CoD AW, Destiny and Halo 5 were all in development at the same time. Also, those are pretty general abilities. Nothing unique about them.

You back up almost every point by saying that "most people don't like it". Who are these most people? Of everyone that's played the beta that I know, I've only heard good things about it. So you are in the minority.

Lastly, saying that 343 sucks at halo is irrelevant. They make the game, it's up to the player to adapt. It's very clear you can't handle simple change.

Cute rant though ;)

• Like 3

I'm just gonna start off in my usual fashion by calling you what you clearly are...an idiot.  There is no such thing as a "casual" or "competitive" gamer.  A game being competitive is purely a state of mind.  ANY game can be competitive so long as the participants at the moment, are feeling and or dedicating themselves to making said a battle of whits or skill.  This may be a shocker to you, but not everyone plays competitive 100% of the time.

And do me a favor, show me some statistical data to back up the claim that these "competitive" players earn the developers and publishers more money.  Seriously, if your gonna throw claims like that around, show me some revenue reports or statistics directly from Microsoft, and some half baked argument about what you have seen personally.

Also sprint has been a feature in a LOT of games over the past 30 years.  Maybe not in the sense of what we are used to, but the condition of speeding up the players movements is a long and used mechanic in gaming.  Sprint does have a place in Halo and it is not a forced mechanic on ANYONE.  We do have custom options and playlists, but again, whether or not those playlists are used or created is not the developers concern. 

And real quick,(i had to edit this) please show me some data also that indicates that a majority, that being 51% or more...since you probably aren't very good with numbers, of players do not like sprint, and believe that it does not belong?  Because coming here or a handful of other sites is NOT gauging the entire communities perspective.  unless your seriously going to to go around and collect actual names (separate site and member) and poll answers, you CANNOT legitimately claim that a majority of players hate sprint.

Quick scoping is not a skill.  I've seen my son do quick scoping with one eye.  The fact that auto-aim and aim assist exists by default, make quick scoping or any other form of it on the console a complete joke.  Now on the PC....completely different story.

You want proof? Ok here you go

I don't think you know what the definitions of casual and competitive are so take a look https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition%20of%20casual

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/competitive

Here's a poll from a website littered with people that know more about competitive gaming then anyone from any other website http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8637-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-poll/

If you have played enough shooters/video games in your lifetime you'll realize that it is common sense that competitive gamers are more important to the developer then casual gamers.  It is also common sense that sprint doesn't belong in Halo no matter how you try to tweak it.

Take a look at this and you will see how wrong you are http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8474-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-discussion/page-366

Quick scoping doesn't take skill? I think you are the idiot here my good sir, but thank you for the ignorant insult. 

Alright now let's see your proof.

Are you kidding me?

Are you stating that simply because 'the majority' of the community says they don't want sprint in the game (CITATION NEEDED) that it isn't an opinion anymore?

You're wrong. While it could possibly be a highly supported opinion that many people back, it doesn't make the statement 'Sprint doesn't belong in Halo.' fact. I don't know why you think it does, but it doesn't.

I know many people that like sprint, and they are Pro-Evolution for the Halo series.

"Sprint doesn't belong in Halo!" is still an opinion, no matter how many people support it.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8637-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-poll/

Sprint belongs in CoD, GoW, BF, Titanfall, etc

There are two games that would immediately have cancer and slowly die if sprint was implemented in them.  Counter Strike and Halo.

Halo is already slowly dying from it.  Remember reach and Halo 4?

There are some things in this world that you cannot argue against and sprint in one of them.

All of the other spartan abilities you can argue for, but not/never sprint.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/l/t31.0-8/10931469_10202212954285141_2060395700282733413_o.jpg

Well, I might suggest one thing you might really like. I think Halo should have sprint, because of new generations coming up. like Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 doesn't have sprint, because it's old versions. so then Halo 4, and Halo 5 have sprint, right? It's the new generation of Halo. It's not like Halo is copying COD or anything, Just saying it's probably some old and new generations. Think about it. 

The new generations coming up should experience Halo in the most balanced way possible and sprint takes that away.  Running away after you make a bad decision without getting punished for it is the dumbest thing they could ever put into Halo.  If you put sprint in Halo you might as well take out the shields as well other wise it will not work right at all.  Why do you think the population for Halo: Reach and Halo 4 pale in comparison to Halo 1-3?  Why do you think more people are playing the broken MCC game rather then the Halo 5 beta?  Can't remember what the website is to check what place each xbox one game is at, but MCC was at 19th and Halo 5 beta was at 23rd. Kind of sad really.  You are right they aren't copying it from CoD.  They are copying it from Battlefield, Titanfall, Gears of War, and any other shooting game that has it. Why do you think Counter Strike has millions of people still playing it with old and new generations?

They stayed true to the core of the game.

I'm sure quite a few people don't want sprint in Halo, but that number is way smaller than you think. Sprint only adds to the game, it doesn't take anything away from it. Being able to get places like weapon spawns or where your team is at faster is clearly a plus.

Also, you do realise that Halo already is on a 3 year cycle. 343 did very little work on MCC. Saber Interactive, Certain Affinity and other studios did the most work on MCC. 343 has been focused on Guardians since after Halo 4 launched, which was in 2012. It's now 2015. I'm sure you know simple math.

So, saying that they "stole" abilities from other games is just plain stupid. Sprint has been in almost every FPS in the last 10 years. No one game owns it. Clamber and slide haven't have been stolen, considering CoD AW, Destiny and Halo 5 were all in development at the same time. Also, those are pretty general abilities. Nothing unique about them.

You back up almost every point by saying that "most people don't like it". Who are these most people? Of everyone that's played the beta that I know, I've only heard good things about it. So you are in the minority.

Lastly, saying that 343 sucks at halo is irrelevant. They make the game, it's up to the player to adapt. It's very clear you can't handle simple change.

Cute rant though ;)

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/l/t31.0-8/10931469_10202212954285141_2060395700282733413_o.jpgSaber and CA only dealt with the H2A campaign and moving over the Halo maps to the Xbox One/MCC. Where are you getting your facts from?  I never said they haven't been working on it for 3 years did I? Sorry bad at math obviously 1+1 = 3 right?  Came out in 2003 so saying they took it from that came is pretty accurate.  Clamber and slide have been around in other games like Gears of war and Battlefield well before Destiny, Halo 5, and AW were in development btw.  I back up almost every point with facts and details so you might wanna check the proof in this thread.  You've only heard good things? Damn must be really good things for MCC to have more people playing that instead of Halo 5 XD  http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8637-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-poll/ Don't think that I'm in the minority.  Saying 343 sucks at Halo is completely relevant seeing as how they wouldn't know as much as the people that win tournaments from this franchise.  Change that adds randomness to gameplay is not simple.  Also adapting isn't the problem and I think that it's funny how so many people use that in every argument lol.  Not that many new pro's emerged from Halo: reach and Halo 4 so I'm pretty sure everyone adapted well enough to keep the scrubs in their place.  Check out this and tell me that I can't adapt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWqwzM98EY&list=TLrDthjM6XRRc

Basically you complain about anything that isn't in Halo 1-3. Games need to change in order to stay relevant! Why do you think Call of Duty's population isn't as good as it used to be?

I complain about anything that is going to ruin Halo.  I agree that games need to change in order to stay relevant.  The only thing that should never change in a shooter is the core gameplay, which is the problem with 343 and sledgehammer.  Other then the core Halo: CE - Halo 3 are very different, which is part of reason that they succeeded.  http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/I agree that the numbers for CoD aren't what they used to be, but the explanation is simple.  Call of Duty: Ghosts was a fantastic game GAMEPLAY wise.  Call of Duty: Ghosts was a ****ty game MAP wise, which is why a lot of people left/didn't buy the game.  Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a fantastic game MAP wise.  Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a ****ty game GAMEPLAY wise, which is why people are starting to leave/not buy the game.  The maps in ghosts all looked like something that came out of a blender.  The problem with AW is the stupid exo suit. Mainly the double jump and then dash ability that adds randomness/takes skill out of the game.  To be honest though AW is still a better game then ghost though, which is why the numbers are still pretty decent IMO.

Change the core of Halo and Halo will cease to exist.  Stay true to the core of Halo and Halo will keep on strong just like CS and CS: GO.  Make another game with the core of Halo 1-3 and I promise that it will sell twice as many copies as Halo 3 did.  Add new maps, new weapons, new grenades, etc and it will sell like hotcakes on a Sunday morning after church.  If it doesn't then crucify me and add in sprint, clamber, thruster, etc.  Don't change the core until the core doesn't sell is what I'm saying.  The thing is that the core will always sell just like Counter strike.

I stopped taking you seriously, when you tried to tell me I don't know what the difference between competitive and casual is, and linked a dumb Teambeyond site.  TeamBeyond is a site dedicated to just the people who are so uber Proz..omfg...... That site is not a complete culmination of opinions throughout the literally 100+ active Halo sites available on the internet.  Nice try trying to claim that some silly site has members that KNOW more about competitive gaming than anyone else anywhere on any site in the world.  I could literally claim to be the foremost expert in Astro Physics by copying and pasting stuff, or extensive talking about the subject, but it doesn't make it true.  That's YOUR opinion of the members of the site.

Again, you show no proof other than a failed attempt to say that sprint doesn't belong, which is completely opinion by the way, and YES it can be argued against or for it.  I can site, layout and explain a multitude of differences on how sprint DOESN'T break a map by showing you detailed 3dsmax views of the maps themselves, which I have done before many times here on this site.

As for your comments about quick scoping....a child can do it with one eye, I can do it with my toes....its a video game.  Pushing a button is not a skill.  If it is...your gonna do well as an elevator attendant in your near future.  And to touch on your Sabre Interactive and Certain Affinity comments....   Sabre did do the campaign remake for both CEA and H2A, but Certain Affinity did all the multiplayer map work for H2A, and they contribute mostly to the MM experience.  343 Industries has relied heavily on those two to help with the games.  And just for reference, the MCC does not have any "ported" maps.  All maps are running the same exact engine they ran back upon initial release.

This may be a huge shocker for you, because your a kid.  But there are other things in this world that make a population dwindle quickly.  For instance, here a few things that are greatly different now, than compared to 1999-2007  the times at which Halo 1-3 released.

1. Economy.  Things cost more, not everyone has the money for a new system, games or subscription services long term.

2. Job Market.  Again, no job no warez.  Jobs are more scarce than they were a decade ago.

3. Competition.  There are more titles to rival Halo now, then there were during Halo 1- 3.

4. Not everyone plays on Live.  I know that might shock you, but there are people who like to just play offline.

5. School/Real world   Times are changing bud, you HAVE to work and got to SCHOOL.  Parents may be lazier now yes in terms of how they handle their kids, but stuff is more expensive now...requiring work

And for the record, it is a widely popular opinion, that almost every site you COULD visit and gauge opinion from, WILL NOT be the opinion s of 100% individual players or the entire population.  Most people believe, including 343i and Microsoft, that most of then people whom take polls or participate in "hate/flame" threads about issues, are people who are mad or disagree with how or what is in a game.  beyond that, how can you accurately guarantee that each poll choice or thread reply is from a person WHOM IS NOT a member of another site under a different user name?  You can't.  Fact is, most players don't take the time to register on site and become actively involved, they instead spend their time simply playing the game and send feedback directly via Xbox.com reporting or other in-game tools.

Sprint is an OPINION, how it's used why it's used and whether it belongs along with other abilities is OPINION.  You have shown no concrete proof to back anything you claim to be a FACT.  But good try? Lolwut?  No really, good try....I was amused thoroughly by your reply.

Oh and real quick before I forget, like I said, console shooters are given a handicap to begin with.  try that quick scoping skill you claim to have on a PC lol.  And for the record, maps are not easy to make.  maybe you should spend some time learning how to craft a map from scratch, lay one out, compile it and test it, then tell me all maps are crappy.  I can validate my claim as to whether or not a map is lacking and why as I have developed over 100's directly in my time.  Playing a map and making one gives you an entirely different perspective and understanding on how and why a map was made the way it was.

• Like 3

I have a controversial opinion on sprint. Somehow people always get away with sprint, when I can't, how hard I try. I really liked the H3 gameplay more because of the no sprint get-away. But since it declines the shields to recharge now, I think it is more balanced. For me, enemies always ran away from me and recharge back up to full health and then win the battle because of the ammo advantage.

• Like 1

That's your play style, and playstyle alone.  if you have an issue getting away with sprint but others don't, then you need to examine your choices during gameplay and or learn to use the environment and surrounding structures better, along with split second choices as to cover areas.  Games should NEVER be handicapped in the mechanics front, to assist or help players who make bad choices consistently.  The only time a feature or any assistance should be given, is if the core mechanic in question has an overall poor effect on gameplay as a whole.  And the only company who can gauge such issue accurately is 343i and Microsoft.

for your info, before competitive shooter actually became something, games such as Doom and Quake already implemented sprint, most shooters have sprint.

The first game that coined terms as team deathmatch, capture the flag and arena type shooter is Quake 3 arena. The game allows sprint and toggle sprint.

your opinion on sprint is incredibly empty, going to sites which seem to think of themselves as pro, would add nothing to it. 

Halo 5 feels as Halo should feel to once again be an arena type shooter. 

Wether you like it or not, most reactions to the beta are extremely positive. 

• Like 2

Of course everyone has his playstyle. I had no problem in halo 3, but somehow I never got that last shot connecting to their heads when they ran around a corner, which seemed to fail the other way around to often for me. Something I always took in my experiences were also the little lagg compensation in game. Most of the times I get killed when sprinting away, it was when I already was around the corner for a split seccond, which teleported my body a little back when ti fell down.

To elaborate on the part of people recharging, somehow for me it looked like ages to get my shield back up when hiding, while others almost always started charging when I re-encounter them.

I know this is all based of my playstyle. And it will most likely also happen the other way around in my favour. The only thing is, you don't notice it then.

After playing the H5 beta I found out that sprint is realy balanced out for not recharging your shields. If only they gave me some sunglasses under my helmet.

• Like 1

Adding more mechanics to a game increases the skill it takes. You honestly don't think about the skill to use sprint effectively, or about using reload times to your advantage.

Game advancement is what keeps you playing. The reason Halo 3 isn't played much anymore is because it's 8 years old. They're not going to copy and paste games because that would defeat the purpose of making a new game.

I stopped taking you seriously, when you tried to tell me I don't know what the difference between competitive and casual is, and linked a dumb Teambeyond site.  TeamBeyond is a site dedicated to just the people who are so uber Proz..omfg...... That site is not a complete culmination of opinions throughout the literally 100+ active Halo sites available on the internet.  Nice try trying to claim that some silly site has members that KNOW more about competitive gaming than anyone else anywhere on any site in the world.  I could literally claim to be the foremost expert in Astro Physics by copying and pasting stuff, or extensive talking about the subject, but it doesn't make it true.  That's YOUR opinion of the members of the site.

Again, you show no proof other than a failed attempt to say that sprint doesn't belong, which is completely opinion by the way, and YES it can be argued against or for it.  I can site, layout and explain a multitude of differences on how sprint DOESN'T break a map by showing you detailed 3dsmax views of the maps themselves, which I have done before many times here on this site.

As for your comments about quick scoping....a child can do it with one eye, I can do it with my toes....its a video game.  Pushing a button is not a skill.  If it is...your gonna do well as an elevator attendant in your near future.  And to touch on your Sabre Interactive and Certain Affinity comments....   Sabre did do the campaign remake for both CEA and H2A, but Certain Affinity did all the multiplayer map work for H2A, and they contribute mostly to the MM experience.  343 Industries has relied heavily on those two to help with the games.  And just for reference, the MCC does not have any "ported" maps.  All maps are running the same exact engine they ran back upon initial release.

This may be a huge shocker for you, because your a kid.  But there are other things in this world that make a population dwindle quickly.  For instance, here a few things that are greatly different now, than compared to 1999-2007  the times at which Halo 1-3 released.

1. Economy.  Things cost more, not everyone has the money for a new system, games or subscription services long term.

2. Job Market.  Again, no job no warez.  Jobs are more scarce than they were a decade ago.

3. Competition.  There are more titles to rival Halo now, then there were during Halo 1- 3.

4. Not everyone plays on Live.  I know that might shock you, but there are people who like to just play offline.

5. School/Real world   Times are changing bud, you HAVE to work and got to SCHOOL.  Parents may be lazier now yes in terms of how they handle their kids, but stuff is more expensive now...requiring work

And for the record, it is a widely popular opinion, that almost every site you COULD visit and gauge opinion from, WILL NOT be the opinion s of 100% individual players or the entire population.  Most people believe, including 343i and Microsoft, that most of then people whom take polls or participate in "hate/flame" threads about issues, are people who are mad or disagree with how or what is in a game.  beyond that, how can you accurately guarantee that each poll choice or thread reply is from a person WHOM IS NOT a member of another site under a different user name?  You can't.  Fact is, most players don't take the time to register on site and become actively involved, they instead spend their time simply playing the game and send feedback directly via Xbox.com reporting or other in-game tools.

Sprint is an OPINION, how it's used why it's used and whether it belongs along with other abilities is OPINION.  You have shown no concrete proof to back anything you claim to be a FACT.  But good try? Lolwut?  No really, good try....I was amused thoroughly by your reply.

Oh and real quick before I forget, like I said, console shooters are given a handicap to begin with.  try that quick scoping skill you claim to have on a PC lol.  And for the record, maps are not easy to make.  maybe you should spend some time learning how to craft a map from scratch, lay one out, compile it and test it, then tell me all maps are crappy.  I can validate my claim as to whether or not a map is lacking and why as I have developed over 100's directly in my time.  Playing a map and making one gives you an entirely different perspective and understanding on how and why a map was made the way it was.

I already gave you proof now it is time for you to give me proof to back up your words, which you have not done yet.  I will say one thing though.  It would be nearly impossible to hit your shots without some sort of aim assist in console shooters because of the joysticks.  It is easier and more precise to aim with a mouse which is why there is no need to have aim assist on PC shooters.  I'm guessing you have never played a console shooter before otherwise you would know that aim assist is needed when you are using joysticks.

Because teambeyond is the ENTIRE Halo community...

Wanna know something funny, the majority in the ENTIRE Halo community actually is pro sprint. 

Proof?

for your info, before competitive shooter actually became something, games such as Doom and Quake already implemented sprint, most shooters have sprint.

The first game that coined terms as team deathmatch, capture the flag and arena type shooter is Quake 3 arena. The game allows sprint and toggle sprint.

your opinion on sprint is incredibly empty, going to sites which seem to think of themselves as pro, would add nothing to it. 

I've seen tons of gameplay of Doom and Quake so I know you are right.  Doom and Quake are completely different games compared to Halo so you can't really compare them.  Quake and Doom are games designed for 1v1s, while Halo has always been a game designed for 4v4s.  Also there are no shields in those games, which makes sprint more acceptable.  Another thing that makes it more acceptable is that they can shoot while they sprint.  At no point in any arena shooter should you not be able to shoot your gun, which is one of the main problems with sprint being in Halo.  The professional Halo players know more about Halo then anyone (FACT).  Try to argue sprint with one of them and see what happens.

I already gave you proof now it is time for you to give me proof to back up your words, which you have not done yet.  I will say one thing though.  It would be nearly impossible to hit your shots without some sort of aim assist in console shooters because of the joysticks.  It is easier and more precise to aim with a mouse which is why there is no need to have aim assist on PC shooters.  I'm guessing you have never played a console shooter before otherwise you would know that aim assist is needed when you are using joysticks.

Proof?

Proof of what?  I'm not the one who linked a single website or a single "false tracker" site to support a claim.  You haven't shown any proof of anything other than what one single site claims.  Proof to solidify a claim such as "majority of players hate sprint" can only be legitamely backed up as proof if you provide the actual sources to prove it.  One single site isn't proof.

As for console shooters, kid I have played more console shooters than you ever will in your life.  I'm a developer, I know the mechanics of consoles and PC's far better than you ever will either.  And to correct you, aim assist does exist on the PC to support players who choose to use a controller over KB/M.  As for your claim about shots...false.  I have personally applied tag tweaks that negate all aim assist on the Halo 2 PC version, and all it does is increase the amount of actual as you put it "skill" to land a shot.

And for the record, I a have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.  I haven't claimed a fact in anything I said.  If I had or wanted to, I would have done so with actual PROOF and the time required to do so.  Please, continue to flame around and post false information and technical knowledge about the game and it's players.  I'm lol'in my pants over here.

P.S. If most reactions to the beta are extremely positive then why are there more people playing a broken game (MCC) over Halo 5?

P.S. If most reactions to the beta are extremely positive then why are there more people playing a broken game (MCC) over Halo 5?

Where's your proof of this?  Noone has access to the hardware API's needed to accurately track player population or participation in the Beta or with the MCC.  Unless you actually went around to every single player who was online, and they responded with an opinion?

Of course everyone has his playstyle. I had no problem in halo 3, but somehow I never got that last shot connecting to their heads when they ran around a corner, which seemed to fail the other way around to often for me. Something I always took in my experiences were also the little lagg compensation in game. Most of the times I get killed when sprinting away, it was when I already was around the corner for a split seccond, which teleported my body a little back when ti fell down.

To elaborate on the part of people recharging, somehow for me it looked like ages to get my shield back up when hiding, while others almost always started charging when I re-encounter them.

I know this is all based of my playstyle. And it will most likely also happen the other way around in my favour. The only thing is, you don't notice it then.

After playing the H5 beta I found out that sprint is realy balanced out for not recharging your shields. If only they gave me some sunglasses under my helmet.

Halo 3 is already a horrible game to begin with when talking about shot registration even on LAN.  Sprint is not currently balanced and there is not one thing that you can do to it in order to balance it, which is why taking it out is the best thing that can be done about it.  People make a bad decision and instead of getting punished for it like back in Halo: CE - 3 they can just sprint away, which is absurd.  http://xboxclips.com/ScorchedPhoenix/426e24eb-7b0e-4ad0-8d02-2672ebb25c83 

Adding more mechanics to a game increases the skill it takes. You honestly don't think about the skill to use sprint effectively, or about using reload times to your advantage.

Game advancement is what keeps you playing. The reason Halo 3 isn't played much anymore is because it's 8 years old. They're not going to copy and paste games because that would defeat the purpose of making a new game.

Counterstrike. #Nuffsaid The more **** that you put into a game the less skill it takes and the more random it becomes.  This has been proven with Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

Proof of what?  I'm not the one who linked a single website or a single "false tracker" site to support a claim.  You haven't shown any proof of anything other than what one single site claims.  Proof to solidify a claim such as "majority of players hate sprint" can only be legitamely backed up as proof if you provide the actual sources to prove it.  One single site isn't proof.

As for console shooters, kid I have played more console shooters than you ever will in your life.  I'm a developer, I know the mechanics of consoles and PC's far better than you ever will either.  And to correct you, aim assist does exist on the PC to support players who choose to use a controller over KB/M.  As for your claim about shots...false.  I have personally applied tag tweaks that negate all aim assist on the Halo 2 PC version, and all it does is increase the amount of actual as you put it "skill" to land a shot.

And for the record, I a have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.  I haven't claimed a fact in anything I said.  If I had or wanted to, I would have done so with actual PROOF and the time required to do so.  Please, continue to flame around and post false information and technical knowledge about the game and it's players.  I'm lol'in my pants over here.

No proof? ok.  Check out the threads that I posted and you will notice that the information in them is linked with r/Halo, Neogaf, Halowaypoint, etc.  If you have no proof then there is really no point in me arguing with you.  It is america so you are free to think as you please. Have a good day.

Edited by Drizzy_Dan
No my friend this is the Internet.

Sprint belongs in the game, but not multiplayer. I've been saying this for years now. What set Halo apart from any other game or franchise was how unique it was. It was the only major franchise with a significant shield, never had sprint, and never had any stupid abilities. Halo is unique because its always been the only game where true skill can shine. Only power weapons are 1 shot kills. Normal weapons like a BR take a steady finger. This is not CoD where whoever gets the drop basically gets the kill. Halo has always been the game where you have a chance to Ninja someone or out BR them.

Halo 3 lasted 6 years. It had a lot of people that continued to play it even when Halo Reach and Halo 4 came out. The reason this was because it had the core fundamental differences that Reach and 4 lacked. It had that basic feel that no other series had. There weren't people flying around with exo suits (except the modders LOL) and you were not dying instantly by anyone. The weapons were balanced. What sets Halo apart is the ability for a skill gap. You can pick up BF and CoD and be good instantly if you can aim. Halo always took that extra step to kill someone. You needed to be consistent and smart.

I think that things like clamber and everything else belong in the game. Definitely campaign, but not Matchmaking. Maybe there could be a playlist that has these attributes, but the core aspect of multiplayer should not involve things like this. Halo 2 and 3 lasted so long with these basic pieces. Maybe some could be incorporated into Halo 5, but it should not be a total evolution. Reach and 4 were pathetic. Barely anyone played them. The attempt to modernize and appeal to other people is a noble marketing attempt, but it is flawed. As a business major, I know that Halo cannot have these similar things. CoD already dominates this market. If Halo were to change, they would be beat out and lose their fanbase. Halo needs to stay unique. Almost nothing was as big as Halo in 2009. Think about how much money there would be in the tournaments now that everybody is an eSports sponsor.

Please put Halo back to its basics. New changes have been proven to fail already. This is not CoD, it is Halo.

I have to disagree almost completely here with you. Adding mechanics does add a new skill level, you are correct here. I might use sprint not always to my advantage. I know the game pretty well, not to sound like a prick or something, but I would consider myself way better than the average player.

Now to your second part. Game advancement is not always what keeps you playing, I've got a few examples here for you. Not all the games will get less population when they get older. Halo 3 is not played that less because it's 8 years old, but because there are 2-3 new halo's since halo 3's release in 2007. Of course people will advance to the newer title. That's why the xbox 360 is getting played less, there is a new version. And who said copy pasting a game would defeat the purpose. This might sound a bit cliché, but CoD in the eyes of almost all the people who play it, is the almost the same game every year, with new maps and new graphics.

And then there is Counter strike to talk about. That game is only growing and growing right now. Every month a new top player count is reached nowadays for cs:go (released in 2012). But the game still has the same maps as counter strike 1.6 which was released in 1999. Over 15 years ago! Mechanics have not changed that much, no big gametypes have been added, the principle of every game is the same but still. Counter strike: global offensive is in the top 3 of most played games on steam. Because it is the latest installment. And I don't expect Valve to release a new CS before 2020. The playerbase will not degrade much over that time, because there is no new installment. Only new graphics and a slightly different map layout. Hell, it does not even have a single player to play for.

If halo 5 would be the same as halo 3, I would have been dissapointed, sure! But there are things I like more in halo 3 than halo 5, and vice versa.

• Like 1