halo 2 ann. matchmaking cuttoff date when halo 5 drops????

viceprezzzz

Hi all, im a big fan of the halo 2 anniversary mulitplayer matchmaking,  (in fact when they took down the halo 2 original servers i stopped playing halo alltogether)......  are they going to keep the anniversary servers online when the new halo 5 drops, or are they pullin the plug???

thanks for any info

I've actually been wondering this myself.  It's no great big surprise of news, that the Xbox One and 360 both use different versions of the Live platform.  MCC's servers are not compatable with the original servers still running.  It is not unlikely, that we will see the original Halo 4, Halo 3, etc.. servers come down and only the MCC variant Live ones remain.  One of the biggest reasons to having the MCC was to shift Halo to the new platform.  The reality is, 343i and Microsoft could care less about pleasing you, and more about selling their hardware and getting you to shift to a new platform.  And what's one of the biggest reasons to keep your 360 around?  Halo!  Xbox One had no Halo title to draw you in until MCC.  At least the 360 had backwards capability to allow Halo 2 to be played on it until Halo 3 came out.  With the Xbox One, we didn't have anything at all Halo wise for a full year.

• Like 1