Peanut Butter 343

343_Ruined_Halo

What Bungie did was far from perfect. As a matter of fact they were just lucky.

Honestly I'm getting tired of posts that don't contain any constructive critisism and people claiming Bungie was way better. All they did was wing it.

Bungie didn't do any better with the Halo 3 trilogy and Destiny. The trilogy was full with bugs and glitches that became so called "features" because they were never fixed and Destiny has turned into a godforsaken grindfest.

I suggest you watch the Sprint series on the Halo Channel to see what 343i is doing to just create 1 map before you start spewing nonsense. They even had to fix bugs and glitches Bungie left in the games for the Master Chief Collection.

Take your head out of your arse and stop being a biased moron. 

• Like 2

343 ruined Halo? I disagree, they're changing it and keeping it from being boring.

And as for it being a "Call of Duty clone", It feels absolutely nothing like Call of Duty, so I don't know what your on about.

Lastly, Bungie may have created Halo, but that in no way means that it was flawless, CE to Reach all had their share of problems and things people constantly complained about.

And like P34nut said, at least have something actually specific to complain about. Anyone could just assume you've never played Halo and just jumped on the "Hate 343i" bandwagon.

• Like 1

I've played halo for as long as I can remember. My mom took me to the midnight release of halo 2 when I was little. I bought an Xbox 360 just for the sake of halo 3. I grew up with halo and loved it because it was different. 343 took that game away and changed it to be like everything else. Now with a process much like convergent evolution it has changed from the halo originals we know and love to the muddy call of duty like mess that is halo 5. The game doesn't even look the same as it used to. Sure they got better graphics but that's not what I'm talking about. They changed the whole style of halo. It's not the same as it used to be and for that reason it's not halo in my mind.
And don't just think I'm here to rip on cod. I like cod, but I liked halo for not being cod or battlefield.

I've played halo for as long as I can remember. My mom took me to the midnight release of halo 2 when I was little. I bought an Xbox 360 just for the sake of halo 3. I grew up with halo and loved it because it was different. 343 took that game away and changed it to be like everything else. Now with a process much like convergent evolution it has changed from the halo originals we know and love to the ****ty call of duty like mess that is halo 5. The game doesn't even look the same as it used to. Sure they got better graphics but that's not what I'm talking about. They changed the whole style of halo. It's not the same as it used to be and for that reason it's not halo in my mind.

Can uou give specific examples? Because like Ash and P34nut said, you're not giving specific examples. I at first hated it as well, but I later saw the beta and now I'm a fan. There's still some SPECIFIC things that I don't like, but it's minimal, and it's a beta so things are going to change. Give it a chance before you judge it, and if you still don't like it, then give detailed, kind reasons.

I've played halo for as long as I can remember. My mom took me to the midnight release of halo 2 when I was little. I bought an Xbox 360 just for the sake of halo 3. I grew up with halo and loved it because it was different. 343 took that game away and changed it to be like everything else. Now with a process much like convergent evolution it has changed from the halo originals we know and love to the ****ty call of duty like mess that is halo 5. The game doesn't even look the same as it used to. Sure they got better graphics but that's not what I'm talking about. They changed the whole style of halo. It's not the same as it used to be and for that reason it's not halo in my mind.

And don't just think I'm here to rip on cod. I like cod, but I liked halo for not being cod or battlefield.

Uh, no. 343 didn't take our game away, I grew up with halo, too. No need to complain, Sprint or not, it'll still be halo. I'd rather not call it " Call of Duty: Halo " or Halo of duty : Guardians " It'll still be halo, No matter what different or same, i don't care. 

I've played halo for as long as I can remember. My mom took me to the midnight release of halo 2 when I was little. I bought an Xbox 360 just for the sake of halo 3. I grew up with halo and loved it because it was different. 343 took that game away and changed it to be like everything else. Now with a process much like convergent evolution it has changed from the halo originals we know and love to the muddy call of duty like mess that is halo 5. The game doesn't even look the same as it used to. Sure they got better graphics but that's not what I'm talking about. They changed the whole style of halo. It's not the same as it used to be and for that reason it's not halo in my mind.

I am a huge Halo 2 and Halo 3 fan, I was not a big fan of the Halo Reach and 4 style, but honestly... this beta brings back the feel of Halo 2 and 3. Don't judge before you play the game. I wasn't sure of what the beta would be like with all the new features as I am a "no sprint/no AA" kind of player... but the features they added are actually very will implemented and I think you would also be pleasantly surprised if you gave it a chance... 

Also, as a community moderator on this forum, I hope you will re-consider using strong language in your posts. I know you are upset, but you can still express your frustrations without the use of censored words. We are all Halo fans here and we all have different tastes when it comes to Halo. You can kind of blame Bungie for that one...

• Like 2

I feelz the pain too. I liked halo because it was unique. This the new generation Halo though so your just gonna have to adapt.

There is literally only one thing in this beta that suggests a similarity to COD, and that argument's invalid through and through. The Smart Scope looks like COD's ADS mechanic. And it doesn't make Halo 5 like COD in the slightest way because it doesn't work the same way.

There needs to be a new word for this. CoDaphobic seems pretty good. People seem to be so much more afraid of having any relation to CoD than letting the game be good at all. This phobia runs rampant, and is seen in many, many, people.

CoD similarity = Automatic Destroyed game, childhood rekt. Give me a break.

Edited by rrhuntington

I personally love it, about that CoD feel? Umm, I have a friend that is obsessed with CoD and barely never touches the Halo series but decided to give MCC a chance and even played the beta and loved it. I guess what I'm trying to say is give it a chance, watching videos, or reading reviews compares nothing to an actual experience with the game itself. ^_^ Yes it may be different from what you're use to, but isn't change sometimes a good thing? Take CoD for example, in my opinion each one of those games that release every year or so are basically the same game but with new weapons, maps, and maybe some features. But Halo has such a diverse gameplay style going back from Halo 2 to Now.

Games will always be advancing.  Some games will have things that others don't, and vise versa.

That's basically saying that all FPS are the same, or even going beyond that and saying that all First Person games are the same.

As games advance, they'll add things that others have because it becomes detrimental to the advancement.  For example, CoD had sprinting before Halo, then Halo ended up getting the sprint feature. A game that also received a sprint feature later on was Minecraft. I know that example is pretty bland, but it was just an easy one.

I think that they might be trying too much at once, but it's what people ask for and then afterwards people complain. It's honestly just like politics, you can only please half.

• 2 months later...

343 has taken halo and made it into a straight up call of duty clone that isn't even as fun as call of duty. You've ruined the perfect game series bungie made. Thanks.

You need to add more you cant just say they've made call of duty you have to at least say how they have made call of duty is it because of the sprint the loadouts what you have to be specific ( I'm not saying its cod at all firstly I don't think it even is linked to cod)