Battle Rifles OP and Multiplayer XP

ChillierNsx94

As the title suggests this game is going to turn into a Battle Rifle frenzy game the way the beta is going. A fix for this is making the battle rifle do a little less damage per shot so it takes a extra burst to kill.

Second the game needs to show your spartan rank next to your name. I shouldn't have to click on everyone gamertag, service report, just to see their spartan rank. A little number or something in the corner should do the trick.

As the title suggests this game is going to turn into a Battle Rifle frenzy game the way the beta is going. A fix for this is making the battle rifle do a little less damage per shot so it takes a extra burst to kill.

Second the game needs to show your spartan rank next to your name. I shouldn't have to click on everyone gamertag, service report, just to see their spartan rank. A little number or something in the corner should do the trick.

Spartan Rank does need to be on the screen but this is just the beta so when the game is released it might/will have the SR by their gt. And the BR is fine with damage otherwise its just like h4 b4 the fixed the damage and just have less brs on the map that is all I can say for now

They had the BR at 5 bursts to kill in Halo 4, and guess what? Since it was less efficient in any way compared to the DMR in every way it was never used and the DMR turned into a god weapon.

The BR is perfect the way it is right now, the only problem I have with it that it doesn't belong as a starter in H5 as it slows everything down dramaticly.

• Like 1

343i assesses balance based on the beta. Expect weapon balance to be a bit off. The purpose of the beta is to find any issues so they can be fixed in the final game.

I can't speak on the Battle Rifle itself, since I haven't played the beta, but you don't have to worry about any balance problems you find in the beta.

Wow have none of you played halo the br has alway been a 4 shot and you want to make it a 5 shot they did that in halo 4 and the pros even complain the 4 shot is what made it compative and fast pace to were you have to work with your team and strategic and setting up on the map you all have no idea about halo or how the game is play       5 shot thats a laugh

Wow have none of you played halo the br has alway been a 4 shot and you want to make it a 5 shot they did that in halo 4 and the pros even complain the 4 shot is what made it compative and fast pace to were you have to work with your team and strategic and setting up on the map you all have no idea about halo or how the game is play       5 shot thats a laugh

Uh...why did you cross out everything?

• 2 weeks later...

Says the one that's new here. Pfft.

It depends on where the shots are and the shields of the player. A 5 shot kill seems good and since it's a beta they will fix it. Considering the damage the other weapons do, I think mosst of the m are good.

The BR is perfect the way it is right now, the only problem I have with it that it doesn't belong as a starter in H5 as it slows everything down dramaticly.

You think it doesn't belong as a starter... or it should? I'm confused.

I want BR starts. I hate the AR, and SMG starts, and someone else always manages to nab the BR spawn before I do.

From what I seen from the Beta, the BR is fine. I think the DMR is what needs work imo.

In what way are battle rifles OP? I use them typically get about 5 bursts out and get a kill, so what's the big deal? To me that's not really OP. The DMR and the Battle Rifle had differences in Halo 4 but that doesn't make a weapon OP all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

Nahh, Battle Rifle OP? To me 5 shots seems fine :). I usually get kills with about six and I'm pretty sure I'm like an average player, if you find yourself getting suppressed by the BR too much just Spartan thrust or sprint and jump out of the FOV of the enemy in question :thumbsup:.

Nahh, Battle Rifle OP? To me 5 bursts seems fine :). I usually get kills with about six and I'm pretty sure I'm like an average player, if you find yourself getting suppressed by the BR too much just Spartan thrust or sprint and jump out of the FOV of the enemy in question :thumbsup:.

Eermm... The BR in Halo 5 takes 4 shots minimum to drop someone hence the term "4-shotted".

• Like 1

Eermm... The BR in Halo 5 takes 4 shots minimum to drop someone hence the term "4-shotted".

I know, I just re-read my post and realised I worded it completely wrong :rofl:. I should probably post more carefully from now on. When I said "Bursts" I meant "Shots" :).