The Elder Scrolls Online Might be Going Free-To-Play Soon

Bethesda and Zenimax's recent MMO incarnation in The Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls Online, may be going Free-To-Play sometime in 2015.

To say that The Elder Scrolls Online has had a horrible life cycle as of date would be a colossal understatement, with it's lack of interesting content, buggy gameplay, and required payment service, it's not hard to believe Bethesda would do everything in their power to save this sinking ship. Kotaku.com reports they may be doing away with the game's subscription fee only a year into release as the game's option of paying for a bundled six months has been taken away. Bethesda has been alarmingly silent about the situation, possibly hinting at by the time the console versions release the game won't require $15 a month to play. Don't rush to buy the game now though, as the console version will be releasing, and I'm not kidding here, in December of 2015. It's going to be a long while before the Xbox One and PS4 see The Elder Scrolls Online, so to start hinting at Free-To-Play now seems a bit off. At any rate, hopefully ridding the game of this abhorrent practice will bring about a larger population and boost this mediocre MMO into legendary status like it's predecessor.

post-26953-0-42868800-1419999089.jpg

I really do hope TESO goes Free-To-Play, as much as I expect nearly nothing remotely as decent as Skyrim to come out of it, I still want to experience it for myself, but refuse to do so with a $15 a month tag on the product. I just can't part $15 a month on the game PLUS my Xbox Live or PS+ and adding the $60 for the game on top of it. At any rate, what's your take on the game going F2P so early, do you have TESO yourself? Let me know down below, thanks for reading ladies and gents, see ya next time!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Planet side two is where its at on Ps4. :D

Sorry I can't hear you over my glorious PC Version 

although as much as people want to rag on ESO(like EK did in his article) it isn't an awful MMO. You could do a lot worse. 

I was really excited to play this on console.. Back in may... But now I'm not even sure if I want to play it when and if it's free in december.

Here's hoping they add some things to it before they re-release it.