UNSC Warlord Book 1

Fishy

UNSC Warlord is a fan inspired Halo Fiction created by Fishy. Inspiration comes from many members of the 343 Industries Community Forum Fan Page. Events can be taken into their own imagination as they wish...

UNSC WARLORD

post-7524-0-85428800-1418626945.png

The Prologue...

Deep in the outer colonies, there was stationed a UNSC ship. She was not just any UNSC ship either, she was a Phoenix-Class Colony Ship. They called her: The UNSC Warlord. The ships current duty was to take back control of Harvest, which was not a great situation at the moment. Warlord was outnumber 4-1 against enemy forces on the ground, but that wasn't going to stop them. The commander called for a special force to help out the marine stragglers down there. These fellows were known as: ODST 1st division.

The Commander stood tall and proud and announced, “Alright. Sarge, Dumby, Paladin, and Destroyer. You are all being sent to Hell. I want each one of you prepped and ready in 5. Do you hear?”

All of them, except Dumby replied saying “Sir, yes sir!” Dumby just nodded his head in agreement. They all knew exactly what they were being called for.

~5 Minutes Later~

“Are you guys ready?” Asked the Commander, rhetorically. Who then walked up to the podium.

“We are.” Replied Sarge.

“Good, you know the plan. If you forgot, it's in your COMS that you have installed in your VISR. Now good luck ODST's, may he be with you.” Right then, the Commander punched the launch keys in on the screen and all 4 ODST's were sent in.

~4 Hours Later~

“Uhhhh...” Said Destroyer over the network. Who then ejected himself out of his pod. “Where are we?”

Sarge then punched in over the network, “Destroyer is that you? What is your location?”

Destroyer responded, “Not sure, looks like I'm at the bottom of a cliff. Where are you all at?”

A couple minutes later Paladin answered Destroyer's question, “Never mind that, I think we see you. We'll be down there in a bit. Dumby over here has got our network fixed in so we can now communicate with the outpost.”

As they descended down to get Destroyer, everything got really quiet. All the returning fire sounded like it had finally seized. As they approached Destroyer and got him out, the noise returned. Actually, it wasn't just any noise. It was the sound of bugs. Dumby whipped out his SSMG at the exact same time Sarge leveled up his shotgun. Paladin had just pulled Destroyer out of the drop pod when all of a sudden two drones flew up and picked him up and carried him away.

Paladin yelled back at them, “Shoot! Shoot one of these damn things! Come on you guys! Shoot!” Just as the Destroyer got his Battle Rifle pulled up to shoot, he was gone around the corner. They had lost him.

Then all of a sudden, they heard two loud single shots. Startled by the shots, the three ODST's ran over to where Paladin had gone. Sure enough, the drones were dead and Paladin was struggling to get up.

Paladin, while coughing, “I can...'t believe you thr...ee are ODS...T's! You all can't shoot worth a crap!”

Sarge, angrily, responded saying “ Whatever. Who the hell saved you? Friendly or Foe?”

Right as Paladin opened his mouth someone walked in smiling and said, “Friendly. If I was foe, there would've only been one shot.”

Right then, they all raised their weapons at him, with Sarge questioning, “Who the hell are you!?”

Smiling, the stranger replied “Names Nut, or as what everyone else calls me, then I go by Doc. Why, what's it to you?”

Paladin: “We're on our way to the outpost. We were dropped in as a last resort from an orbiting Colony Cruiser, known as the UNSC Warlord.”

Doc: “Oh, I see. You boys here to help us, huh?”

Sarge: “Yeah, what's it to ya?”

Doc: “Nothin', just follow me.”

As the team of five walked their way to the outpost, they encountered nothing except muskrats, cows, and goats. All they could hear were the distant shots of firearms, and every now and then a covenant cannon.

As they approached the outpost, Doc looked over his shoulder and said, “Come here, I wanna show you someone.” He walked into the medical bay past wounded and dead soldiers and into the armory with the four ODST's following close behind. Sarge taking leader position.

As they walked into the armory they heard somebody exclaim, “Are you serious! Why are the controls not working? I could have sworn I had everything figured out to help us get the hell out of here. But I guess this won't do any good not working.” Which then they threw it at the wall. Which made Dumby jump and drop his knife.

“Who is it now?”

“Just the Doc and reinforcements from Warlord. Don't worry, we're not going to kill you Osiris.”

“Good, I hope not. Otherwise you guy's aren't getting the hell out of here.” Osiris said while getting up and walking over to them.

Destroyer quickly asked as Osiris walked up “What's with the smiley face?” Dumby shook his head in agreement with the question.

Osiris scoffed back “What's it to ya?”

Destroyer replied, while backing up, “Just wanted to know. I wasn't sure. Never seen someone do that before.”

Osiris looked at him and laughed, “Good, cause you don't get to know. Oh, and that's because you asked.”

It was Sarge's turn to take control of the conversation, “Anyways, Osiris. We're here to help you guy's fight off the covenant long enough to get the civilian shuttles launched and get evac pelicans to get us the hell out of here. Now, any idea where your Lieutenant is?

Osiris just smiled and said, “Yeah. He's either in Heaven or he's in Hell. If no that, he's out on the ground laying down taking a nap.”

Paladin questioned, “Why is he taking a nap in the middle of the war?”

Osiris burst out laughing, even Doc had a confused expression on his face, he finally caught himself enough air to explain, “Because the Lieutenant's dead!” He continued laughing.

Sarge: “Wait. What? Why?”

Osiris: “Nasty jackals shot him as he went out to get a better COM setup with local command. But I guess since you boy's are here we'll be just right. Anyways, if you follow me. I know exactly how we're going to get this mission done. It's going to be fun.”

They all followed him into the vehicle bay and saw something they've never seen before. Dumby even made what sounded like he said 'Holy crap'. All Osiris said was, “All right boys. Buckle up. We're going in...”

~End Prologue~

~Chapter 1: Evac~

Sarge: "What is that?"

Osiris: "What is what?"

Sarge: "What is that vehicle?"

Osiris: "Are you freaking kidding me? It's the newest model of the Covenant Scarab. Except with more explosive power and modifications."

Paladin then bursted out his question, "What's a Scarab?" Which got the entire ODST squad nodding in

agreement.

Osiris then shook his head and said, "Ah, never mind." He then lifted up a small device package and asked, "Do you see this?" They all replied in various responses approving they saw it. "Well this is my electronics package I use for hijacking security systems. One night I went out and stole this Scarab from the covenant. I had Sif, which is the dumb AI embedded into the device, take out all the security systems; while I took over the Scarab controls.

Was an amazing night. So many explosions..." He looked up in awe.

Sarge then asked "What is Doc doing? He seems to be hauling stuff into the Scarab."

Osiris looked over at the Scarab and took out his 12x zoom binoculars. "Looks like he's loading medical equipment. Wouldn't surprise me, you guy's might need it."

Sarge looked at him confused, "You mean you won't get hurt? I call crap on that."

Osiris started laughing, "Idiot. If you knew any damn thing about a Scarab, then you would know the driver is well

protected. Now get in. I have replaced all three of the covenant plasma cannons with grenade launcher turrets.

Which have 50mm, if you must know. If you don't care, then that's fine. I get to watch the amazing explosions anyways." Osiris then walked up and got into the Scarab. "Alright boys, hop on. There's only three mounted turrets, but the fourth one can use the AA gun on top. You fight over who gets what, even kill each other. I don't care."

Sarge muttered "Yes, sir."

As they departed it took them about an hour to get the major battle scene which it looked like only two soldiers were left fighting. Paladin and Dumby looked at each other like they thought the two soldiers were going to die before we could get there. They then departed to the two turrets mounted on the sides of the Scarab. Sarge was on rear bay turret, and Destroyer was in the AA gun. Just then someone they don't know crackled over the network communication.

"Osiris please tell me that is you approaching us from behind."

Osiris then crackled onto the network, "Yes sir!"

"Good" the voice replied back.

Osiris then asked the man, "Yo Biggles, do you and Jack want to get into that flipped gauss warthog, or at least

that's what it looks like, and then help us get those evac shuttles launched?"

This time another voice got on the network, it must have been Jack. "Yeah we're going for it as soon as you open

fire. There are at least 22 Wraiths, 50 banshees, 500 grunts, 234 Jackals, 124 elites, and 10 hunters. That's not

counting what's on the phantoms coming this way. You guys take out the vehicles and hunters. We got the rest."

Osiris smiled and replied back "Sounds like fun. We get the explosions, you get the kills." Osiris then started

opening fire on the Wraiths. Along with Dumby and Paladin opening fire on any infantry nearby.

Destroyer crackled over the COM. "One. Two. Three. Four. Five..."

Osiris yelled back at him, "Gosh damn it Destroyer! Shoot off the Banshee wings, that way it spins off and

crashes over there; instead of crashing into us!"

Biggles then yelled over the network "Hold your fire, Dumby! We're on your side! Those grenade blasts that you

keep shooting and bouncing back and forth in front of the warthog and behind; Are starting to get really

annoying!"

Just at that moment, Covenant Vampires and Phantoms flew in at full speed.

Sarge yelled at Destroyer "Destroyer! 6 O'clock! We got Vampires and Phantoms on our tail! Now that those

Banshees are gone, can you take them out?"

Biggles and Jack drove ahead of the Scarab taking care of the last of the infantry while Osiris turned around and

took all the Vampires and Phantoms. He then started laughing over the network, "Who needs an AA gun, when

you have me?"

Bad call. Right as one of the Vampire's crashed, it shot a needle. The needle then traveled right into lower bay of

the Scarab. Just barely hitting Sarge. Who then yelled, "Medic!"

Thing was, Doc was already over there grabbing him and taking him to the improvised infirmary he made. He got

the wound covered and patched up for him. Doc then told Osiris "I think they need to launch, now!"

At that moment they heard a loud sonic boom. Dumby, Paladin, and Destroyer all looked in the direction it came

from and watched the six evac shuttles take off. Paladin and Destroyer responded "Wow - Glad we got that

done."

Jack yelled in over the network "You forgot one! You forgo-" Just then, they heard a fuel rod cannon launch and everyone looked over and saw the last hunter. He had shot the two Spartans warthog. Osiris then quickly blew up the hunter into millions of worms, then finished them off.

Biggles responded, "We're fine. Warthogs not. Just come and get us. Our weapons are dry."

Osiris then walked over to them and docked the Scarab so they could board. Paladin then got on the network

with Warlord and let them know the Shuttles have just launched and they were ready for evac. He then got down

in the infirmary and told everyone "We'll have a longsword here in 2 minutes to evac us. We just need to hold the

area until then."

Right then, a longsword just landed and a man cracked over the network "Names Architect, you guys need to get in here now! The pilot's ready to go! Lets go go go!"

They all ran up and boarded the longsword and took off. As soon as they took off. They heard an extremely loud explosion. Osiris bursted out laughing.

Sarge asked him "What was that?"

Osiris responded, "Oh just Sif setting off a Havoc nuke on the Scarab." He continued laughing.

At that moment. They just boarded the UNSC Warlord... Where red alert was going off...

~End of Chapter 1~

~Chapter 2: A Heavy Loss~

“What's going on? Why didn't the Commander tell us what was happening?” Sarge was the first one to ask.

“To be honest, I don't even know what the hell is going on. Don't ask me. If you haven't noticed, I was trying to communicate with Command and tell them we were boarding the ship. I didn't get a reply back. It might be that either COM's are down, or the Communication room has been used for other purposes. We won't know for sure until we go and check.” Architect replied in anger.

During their conversation of what was going on, the pilot managed to land the longsword in the holding bay. Right as Architect opened the bay hatch, a fuel rod went off in the distance and landed right in the windshield of the longsword. “Everyone, run!” Paladin yelled as the pilot and longsword blew up causing a big explosion.

“Now that's what I call an explosion!” Osiris yelled. Who then ran over and regrouped with everyone else.

“Okay, here's the plan” Biggles started, “Jack and I will secure this area. Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby will run to the med bay and see if it's still in operation and if there's anyone there able to help us. Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect, you will all go to the Communications room and see what's up. Try and see why we aren't getting any network with anybody.”

They all agreed with the plan, except Destroyer asked “Wouldn't that also make it unable for any of us to communicate with each other?”

Biggles looked at him, “I'm afraid so. But go and do as we must. If we're going to get the hell away from this planet. Then now's the time to do so.”

Everyone exchanged glances then Biggles and Jack took off to wipe out all the covenant in the docking bay. Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby ran towards the hallways that led to the Med Bay; Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect all ran towards the hallway to the communications wing.

~Biggles and Jack of Harts~

“Jack! I get left side, you get right. Meet in the middle and return to center. Sound like a plan?” Biggles hollered at Jack across the room.

“Sounds good!” Jack replied. Then continued to take out all of the grunts and jackals on the right floor. He then snatched a covenant plasma rifle and used a dual wield combo with his assault rifle. He ran down the floor shooting every enemy on his left with the plasma rifle and every enemy on his right with his assault rifle Until he met with Biggles in the center.

“Alright, I'll stand back and take out all the jackals behind their shields with my BR while you take out all the shield-less jackals and the wandering grunts.” Biggles told Jack.

“Let's get this damn crap done already. We need to find the commander. We are supposed to be assigned somewhere else other than-” He then melees an approaching jackal, then continued, “holding a defensive position.”

“That may be, but without this zone secured all the returning ships won't give us any extra backup. Now let's just continue this and planned and go!” Biggles told Jack, with ignorance.

Jack ran down the ramp with just his assault rifle and took out all the grunts and gauntlet-less jackals, while Biggles took out all the jackals with gauntlets. After a while. They finally finished securing the area until a phantom started to approach. Jack and Biggles ran down their ramp and hid behind the wall columns waiting for the phantom to dock in the bay and take out all the infantry it carried. Then all of a sudden all the parts of the front end of the phantom flew into the landing bay. Then a voice crackled over the system speaker. “System defenses online, all system defenses have been returned to normal in all landing bays and outer hull.”

“Thank god, finally. Now lets go.” Jack said towards Biggles. They both then departed up the ramp to the control room and entered into the Atrium. Jack jumped out of the way of incoming bullets. “Wait, what the hell?” A pelican was in the room clearing out every single covenant that was in sight. From grunt to jackal to... Then a voice broke out.

“That's right, you come and get me you nasty scums!” The marine on the pelican's mounted rear turret yelled.

“Oh, and Cajun. Do you mind covering my area really quick while I reload this darn turret?” The man turned around in the pelican and asked the pilot. Which at that moment the pelican turned around and took out the rest of the covenant. “Thank you!” the man yelled at Cajun. The pelican then landed back in its landing pad. Then Cajun and the man hopped out and stared at the mess they made.

“Who are they?” Cajun asked the man.

“I'm not sure, lets go check it out.” The man replied along with a hint of suspicion in his voice. They both ran towards Biggles and Jack who held their location firmly until the two soldiers ran up to them.

“Who are you guys?”

Biggles was the first to respond. “I'm Biggles and this is Jack of Harts. We were evacuated from Harvest. We just landed here about 30 minutes ago via longsword. Which was then lost to a grunt wielding a fuel rod gun. That said, the room has been cleared and our objective is to clear out all the covenant on the ship and reach the control room.”

The man replied, “Nice, by the way, name's Phoenix. This is my buddy, the pilot, Cajun. We liked to have fun in these type of situations. Good news for you though, this was the last remaining room of the covenant. The decks clear man. COM's are down though, if you didn't know. They have engineers trying to fix it up right now. Anyways, follow us if you want to get to the control room. We know the fastest way. Commander should be there, if that's who you were looking for.”

The four of them all grouped together and walked the rest of the way to the control room. No covenant were spotted at all on their way there. Biggles, Jack, Cajun, and Phoenix all arrived safely to their destination.

~ Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect~

“You know, if we can reach the communications room, Sif and I will be able to restore all the ships COM's and restore the network. Possibly get the ship's dumb AI back online also.” Osiris mentioned to the squad.

“Yeah, if we can get there in one peace.” Architect muttered. The team then ducked under a jammed door and crawled through. A spark went off, making Paladin jump.

Laughing, “You almost went in your pants right there Paladin!” Osiris said. “But I myself shouldn't be making those kind of jokes, you don't know what could happen in this damaged hall.” The four of them then took turns jumping over broken obstacles they encountered every few minutes.

“Shh Shh Shh... Do you hear that noise?” Sarge asked, which then made them all four stop and listen.

“Something's in the vent right above us.” They all looked up at the vent. Next thing you know, something falls through. They all jump out of its way.

“Skirmisher! Duck behind cover, now!” Architect screamed. Which resulted in everyone hiding behind the debris.

“Alright, Let's kill this damn thing if we're going to get away from this damn planet.” Paladin told everyone while taking the first shot with his pistol.

The skirmisher ran at an amazing speed dodging all the bullets. It ran and hid in the direction they came from.

Osiris then immediately took out a trip mine and planted it in the only area the skirmisher could walk through.

“Run! Don't worry about the skirmisher. Just run!” Osiris yelled then took off running the rest of the way to the communications room.

“What the hell are you doing, Osiris?” Sarge screamed from behind trailing with the others.

An explosion went off shaking the area of the ship they were at. “Whew that was close, plus on the bright side I got to see another explosion, and on the other bright side we reached the communications room.” Osiris then removed his helmet and walked into the communications room with the other three.

“That was completely unacceptable what you just did back there!” Sarge yelled.

“Sarge, take it easy. All command thinks that happened was the covenant threw a grenade. Not only that, all communications networks are down as well. So it doesn't matter right now. Osiris, is already working on them right now. It'll probably only take him about fifteen minutes to do anyways. So let's just hold our position and see what happens.”

“He's right, you should just let it go. The worst thing that could happen is that it hit a pipeline and it exploded at the other side of the ship. No big deal. All the covenant should be gone by now. Seems like that skirmisher was the only one left trying to escape.” Architect said.

“Alright fine, but we're heading to the Control center as soon as he gets this COM's room repaired.” Sarge said, then nodded at Osiris who then got up and joined the other three. “Okay, this small COM's room should be fine.

Now lets get to the Control center and have the Commander see if she'll require your assistance in the

Communications and Network room.” They all departed their way down to the control room.

Their journey, like Biggles, Jack, Cajun, and Phoenix, went the same way. They encountered no covenant, except the few dead that managed to get aboard the Warlord. They then ended up in the control center waiting for the other two groups. Biggles group was the first to show up. There was no sign of Doc's group yet, so far.

~Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby~

“Oh my god, how much longer do we have to walk, Doc!” Destroyer complained, and smiled because he just noticed he rhymed.

“How the hell do I know, this is your ship! You should know where to go!” Doc screamed, trying to hold back his anger and the idiocy.

“Oh right.” Destroyer stated. He then complained to Dumby, “Dumb, how much longer do we have to go?”

Dumby stared at him with a blank face then hauled off and slapped him in the face making him fall towards the ground.

“Why was I paired up with a guy who doesn't know the ship and the other can't even talk! I wish he would just tell me why he couldn't talk, it would make way more sense to me!” Destroyer whined.

“My god, whatever.” Doc walked ahead, Destroyer ran up behind him to take the lead since he knew the way to the Med Bay as did Dumby. Just then something made a sound.

“Pssst...” -BOOM- A pipeline went off from the other side of the ship exploding in Dumby's face throwing him against the wall.

“Dumby!” Doc and Destroyer yelled.

“Come on, get up! Get up!” Destroyer tugged on him.

“We have to get him to the med bay. He looks like he's done. Nonetheless, getting him to med bay will at least get

him a chance to be prepped for a memorial service. May he be remembered as a great soldier.” Doc said, then ripped his dog tags off and carried them. Doc and Destroyer then carried him into the med bay, which was just a few ways down the hall.

When they arrived at the med bay they sat Dumby down on one of the beds. Doc took Dumby's dog tag and enclosed them in Dumby's hands. “May you be remembered my friend.”

Destroyer and Doc looked at each other. “Lets get to the control room. We're needed there.” Doc said.

Destroyer nodded and then added, “It's only two doors down that way. Let's go.” They ran into the control room

to regroup with their team.

“There you are.” The Commander said. “Glad you all have made it. Now then, Communications are online. We are initiating protocol. All units not on board, are stuck here forever. We're heading closer to the Inner Colonies.

Somewhere nearby a planet known as Reach.” The UNSC Warlord then went over and got on the control

console. She punched in the codes closing all bay doors and all the windows.

“Alright you guys. Lets get ready for Reach.” Sarge said. Just as Osiris walked back into the room to be seated with his team.

The Commander smiled, “You guys will be known as: Team Lord. I'd like to introduce you your new member as well. Thought you could use another Spartan.” A tall Spartan-II walked into the room. He was wearing the Mark V MJOLNIR armour with a Sage colour to it.

“Names Alex. I will serve as your second in command. Right next to Sarge.” He sat down next to Sarge. “Don't worry, I will do whatever it takes that you all live and the mission is finished. Sounds impossible, but I believe in myself and it has never failed me before.”

“Sarge? You are also being promoted to lieutenant. Glad to have you on our side as well.” The Commander said as she ripped off his rank insignia and replaced it with the lieutenant rank insignia.

“Hey, quick question.” Sarge just realized something.

“Yes?” Team Lord responded.

“Where's Dumby?” Sarge questioned, more directed towards Doc and Destroyer.

“Well you see...” They both started out.

“Yes?” Sarge said, getting a little impatient.

“He's dead.” Doc finished.

“He's what?” Sarge yelled, trying not to break down in front of them.

~End of Chapter 2~

~Chapter 3: Planet Reach~

“It will be alright. What's lost is lost. If there were a way to bring him back, I'm pretty sure they would already be right on that.” Alex assured Sarge with a soothing voice.

“It's not that, he was just one of the best members of the squad. I honestly would trade Destroyer for Dumby any day.” Sarge replied.

The team walked onto the pelican, Cajun took the controls. Everyone seated except for Phoenix, whom was sitting in the co-pilot seat, and Architect took rear gunner. The pelican then descended towards the planet of Reach. “Command wants us down there to report what has happened on Harvest. Jack is carrying the Intel. We have been warned there are enemy rebels down there.”

Cajun came over the local network, “So am I just landing the plane and we walk the rest of the way or am I flying straight to the objective?”

“See, here's the thing. We're doing both. We have to land close by and walk through a cave and underground tunnel system.” Sarge responded back to Cajun.

“Alright alright. Sounds like I have half half and half. Except the first half is more fun.” Cajun muttered. Architect then started firing out the back.

“What is it?” Alex questioned.

“Just rebels. I managed to take out the HQ room on their little fortification base. It might get them angry, but by

the time they all get the HQ built they'll probably not be as angry as they were. Actually, I got an idea hold on.”

Architect said not turning around. He then got on the network with UNSC Warlord Command.

A longsword came in. Guns blazing so hot you could see the red end of the cannons two miles away. Which then it dropped some sort of thing from its hatch.

“Carpet Bomb.” Osiris smiled.

The rebel base blew up. Sending shards everywhere within the mile. “Nice. Glad we won't have to deal with those

ones in particular anymore.” Paladin said.

“Uh, guys. What's falling out of the sky?” Phoenix said over the network. Which then Alex, Sarge, Biggles, and

Destroyer were the first to enter the cockpit and look up.

“ODST Drop Pods. There's four of them it looks like. They seem to be going nearby our objective.” Sarge announced.

“Should we go and get them?” Cajun asked.

“No, we have our own plan, they have theirs. We need to get this Intel delivered to ONI.” Sarge replied with a

bitter haste in his voice.

The team were in the pelican for at least an hour. Which most of the crew took advantage of for sleep. Destroyer

being the one who got two hours of sleep. “Alright, we're at the cave.” Cajun told everyone just as the pelican

landed.

They all got out and stared at the cave entrance. It had an eerie look with condensation all around the outside

and inside walls. There was a moss old green look on it making it appear as being unused for centuries. “Alright,

lets go.” Sarge ordered.

The inside was even worse. It was dark. Like, really dark. All the soldiers turned on the flashlights on their weapons. The Spartans, except Jack, turned on their flashlights equipped to their helmets. Jack just stuck to the shadows with a red beam projected from out where his flashlight would've been.

“Destroyer?” Paladin asked suddenly.

“Yeah?” Destroyer responded, he was right next to Alex.

“I'm sorry about... About Dumby. He was a great soldier. Despite how he couldn't talk, you basically made up all his non talk ability for him.” Paladin said with sorrow.

“Yeah, he was my best friend. We both acted the same a lot. I remember when we both used to...” Destroyer stopped.

“Go on.” Paladin urged.

There was no response at all. Everyone stopped. And looked at where Destroyer was. “Destroyer?” Sarge questioned. No response. “Destroyer!?” Sarge began to lose his patience. Still no response. “Wait. What is that?” He pointed the flashlight down.

“Oh my god, he's dead. How is he dead? There were no shots fired or anything! You just can't die from nothing!” Doc yelled and ran over to Destroyer's body. There was a bullet hole in the side of his visor. “I can't tell if where he was shot has blood spilling out of it or if it's just the paint.” Doc then removed Destroyer's helmet where blood was coming out of the side of his head.

“He is dead. Why is he dead? How could he have possibly just die? This isn't right. This isn't right at all.” Osiris began to panic. Which then a bullet flew right in front of his face. “There's a silenced weapon in here!” He tossed a grenade in the direction the bullet came from. The firebomb spread everywhere. Next thing you hear is a man screaming in pain.

“No! No! It burns! It burns! It freaking burns!” The sound died off.

“We need to get out of here, and quick before anything else happens to us.” Biggles said.

Right then, everyone ran towards the waypoint. Every now and then Osiris would scan the area to make sure there were no more soldiers. Doc was losing speed at the time, so Alex ran over and grabbed the body. “Don't worry, his weight won't slow me down.” He told Doc as he lifted the body onto his shoulders. They all could see the opening just ahead.

“Glad we made it. Cajun, Phoenix, and Architect. Go and find us a pelican so we can get back. We'll leave the other one on the other side of the cave. To risky to go back.” Sarge barked the order at them.

“I agree. Lets go you two.” Phoenix said before Architect. They then ran off towards the air hangar.

The other soldiers ran towards the ONI Base but were stopped by a Spartan in blue armor.

“Halt.” She said. “Hand over the information. You are not authorized in this building.”

“Who exactly are you?” Sarge challenged.

The spartan removed her helmet and replied, “Name's Bek. I'm a Spartan. My mission is ordered to deliver the Intel to the ONI officers then retreat back to this position and group up with you.”

“What's going on here?” Another Spartan walked up. He glared at Jack. “Give up the Intel.”

Jack handed over the Intel without hesitation. “Thank you.” The man said.

Bek sneared at him, “Archangel, you don't have to be so mean. Whatever. Lets deliver the intel and get back here to regroup. Fauz is already in the hangar getting us a pelican.” They entered the building.

“Hey boss, pelicans ready. A man named Fauz had it prepped and ready for us. Waiting on you.” Cajun clicked in over the network.

“Alright, lets move then. Alex, you need to get Destroyer's body taken care of. Take him inside and hand him over to ONI. That way they can do what they must.” Sarge stated.

“If you want me to.” Alex looked at Paladin who had looked like he was holding back the tears. “It'll be alright, bud. It was my fault for not taking precautions.” He patted Paladin's shoulder then ran into the building.

The team then moved toward the hangar when Bek and Archangel caught up and moved in formation with them. After a few minutes of walking, they finally made it to the pelican where a man was there to greet them.

“Hey, what's up. Name's Fauz. I prepared this pelican for ya. ONI told me to go with you guys because something's about to happen to this base. They didn't tell me what, but let's just go.” They all got seated in the pelican. Everyone sat where they did on the way there. The new team members sat everywhere else. Alex then boarded the pelican and sat in his seat. There were only five empty seats. One of those belonged to Destroyer. Who was being processed and then cremated by the ONI official in charge of the sick and deceased at the ONI base he was left at.

Sarge stood up and made a speech over the local network, “Today we may have lost two great soldiers. But lets let them be remembered for who they were and what they have done. They are both best friends in hands and were great soldiers. I remember when it was just the four of us ODST's. Now it's just two of us. Although we have now become a team with many others, those two will always be remembered as our two closest friends.” Sarge held up Destroyer and Dumby's dog tags. “These are the reason why we need to keep pushing forward. We must avenge our friends and continue this fight. I'm sick of these damn scum. I'm not going out without a fight.” He looked at Alex. “If I were to die, I will die fighting for those I couldn't save. I am no better than any of you. Just because I carry the rank, doesn't mean I'm better. Tomorrow. We will kill all of those damn rebels and all of those damn covenant.” Sarge finished up his speech and sat back down.

The pelican then boarded the ship. Where a spartan was there for them.

“Wonder what that guy's up to.” Cajun and Phoenix said.

“Who knows?” Replied Architect.

“Names Moth. I am here to escort you to the Commander. She has news for you guys. Something about an Elite that was on board the ship.” The man said and started to escort them.

~End Chapter 3~

~Chapter 4: Change of Plans~

“Right this way everyone.” Moth said.

“I wonder what the Commander wants? Maybe another mission or a new squad member?” Paladin questioned.

“Oh god no. I couldn't stand getting another new member after the last one,”said Architect. Alex glared at him. “Hehe. Maybe not the most recent one...”

Moth ignored everyone and announced, “Alright, here we are; the Commander's expecting all of you.” Moth then walked up onto the stage and stood beside the Commander.

“What's with the new guy?” Sarge said, confused.

The Commander took a firm position before she spoke, “He is my Second-in-Command. Anyways, that's not important. What's important is that I have two missions for all of you. Separate missions in fact. I'm splitting your team into two for now.”

Alex responded before it sank into Sarge, “What do you mean by splitting?”

The Commander looked as if she was tired and getting irritated by all the events going on. So she just came out and told them what she was intending, “I mean your team is splitting in two. One team is consisted of Spartans. The other is consisted of the rest. Is that clear enough for you?” She lost a little temper on her last remark.

“Sounds clear as water, mam.” Osiris stepped up and said. Mostly because the team leaders tried to get over the fact they just blew their Commander's top.

“Good, Moth. Tell him to come in and bring everyone's items.” The Commander barked her order's at Moth as if he might as well not even be in the room.

“Yes mam.” Moth opened the door. “Bring them in!”

The soldier walked into the room and dropped a bag full of equipment on the floor. “Here you go.” The soldier said, the began gave out a really bad cough. He almost choked there for a second, but managed to save himself.

The team ran over and grabbed the equipment of their choice, all except Alex; who just stood there and watched everyone grab from drop shield to jet pack to holograms. The Commander smiled and thanked the soldier,

“Thank you Dumby.”

Everyone stopped in their tracks. No one talked. No one moved. No one could not believe what they just heard. After five minutes of silence, Sarge spoke up. “Dumby, is that really you? No, it can't be. You talked. You can't talk. Not after that accident that happened three year's ago. You're dead, you gotta. There's no other way, we saw your vitals. You had no heart beat, everything in your body just stopped.”

The soldier smiled, “Indeed, I am Dumby. Problem is, I didn't die. In fact, I was in a heavily induced coma.” He paused. “When that pipeline exploded, it slammed me into the wall hitting my head hard enough to knock me out for four days. In fact, I hit so hard I was basically stated as dead due to the fact my body slowed down so low it bypassed the readings.”

“Alright alright. Enough of the emotions. Get to moving, you all have your orders.” Moth barked. Which then everyone just left the room and departed to the bay. He waited a few minutes, then pulled out his headset. “Yes, we're ready Commander... Yes... Now?... Alright, will do mam.” He put the headset back in his pocket. Moth walked over to the monitor and pushed in the slip-space keys.

They were going to to Arcadia.

Several hours later on the slip-space trip, Dumby asked, “Where's Destroyer?”

Sarge stumbled over his seat. “He's dead, got shot in the head by an insurrectionist back on Reach.”

“Oh. I miss that guy. He was stupid at times, but I miss him. I mean, he did whine a lot when I last saw him.”

Dumby said, not caring much.

A few more hours past, everyone on board fast asleep. When suddenly the ship came to a halt. Although, it did not disturb anyone, Sarge arose from his sleep and stretched. “Oh...” He stretched as far as he could. “Man that

feels good.” He woke the rest of the team. “Come on everyone. Get up!”

They all rose, and immediately noticed they were above Harvest. The Spirit of Fire and other member's of

Commander Cole's military fleet were nearby. “Alright, lets go. We know what to do.” Alex stated.

The troopers boarded the pelican: Cajun, Architect, Doc, Sarge, Alex, Paladin, Osiris, Dumby, and Phoenix. Sarge gave the order, “Alright, lets go. Our objective is to get down there and clear the landing zone so our evac

shuttles can get in and get out with the civilians. We may have lost Harvest, but Arcadia could be next.” Cajun

started up the pelican.

Alex loaded his team into his Pelican: Biggles, Jack of Harts, Archangel, and Bek. “Alright everyone, please be

prepared. We are going to try and see what the covenant are up to. We're going in deep. Spirit of Fire have said

they see a purple dome. They have prototype plasma rhinos. Our job is to secure one of the sides. They have

the other side. Is that clear?” They all shouted in unison, “Yes sir!” Alex just smiled at them from behind his visor,

“Good. Then let's go.” He started up the pelican and immediately took off.

Right as Sarge was about to lift off he heard a marine call, “Hey wait up for me, bud!” The marine jumped into the pelican. Err, no not a Marine. It was an ODST.

Paladin called out at the ODST, “Who are you?”

The ODST responded as he took a seat. “Name's Fauz. Don't you remember me? From Reach?”

“I remember you. Doesn't mean I like.” Osiris spat.

The Pelican then descended slowly towards the once luxurious city of Arcadia. While at the same moment a Covenant flagship flew in with its fleet.

~End of Chapter 4~

~Chapter 5: Arcadia City~

“We’re going in hot!” Cajun yelled as he started to lose control of the pelican. “Brace for impact!” The pelican released the Scorpion and a couple seconds later landed on the belly of the vehicle and skid on the surface to a halt.

“That one was close, but we need to get a move on. Come on lets go. Those evac shuttles won’t last forever.” Sarge ordered, whom did not have any patience on this dangerous mission plan.

“You guys go ahead, I’m going back for the tank. I’ll rendezvous with all of you as soon as I can.” Osiris stated, then turned around and ran the opposite direction where the pelican first dispatched the Scorpion.

“Alright, everyone else on me!” Sarge commanded then took point and ran towards Arcadia City.

The team rushed towards the city and stood at the entrance, Osiris pulled the tank up a few minutes after they

got their. Sarge was busy with a plan for a strategy on how they should take out the forces in the area to evac the shuttle when the Commander came over the network.

“Sarge, can you read me?” The Commander demanded for an answer.

“Loud and clear, what is it Commander?” Sarge replied without any hesitation.

“I have really bad news. A covenant fleet just jumped into the atmosphere. One of them looks like a leadership.

Can’t tell for sure now. Spirit of Fire is engaging it and demanding a full retreat in 30 minutes of all of its units.

We’ll be doing the same here as soon as we get those civilian shuttles off the planet.” The Commander assured.

“Alright Commander, will do. Sarge out.” Sarge disconnected from the network. He then ordered his team. “Alright everyone. We need to get evac shuttle number one lifted off. Osiris, you provide heavy support. If you see any

covenant vehicles, take them out. Architect, Cajun,  and Fauz, all of you secure a good overview position of the evac shuttle. Provide as much precision support as you can. Dumby, Doc, and Paladin, you secure a defensive perimeter. Phoenix, you and I will provide frontline defense. We take out anything in front of the barricades that are not listed as friendly or civilian. Alright, take your positions, now!” Sarge watched everyone run to their positions, then he ran over and up to the barricade.

Phantoms were heard right overhead, then stopped to deploy troops. “Open fire!” Phoenix yelled. Everyone began to shoot at the grunts and jackals being deployed. Osiris shot down the phantom causing a massive explosion over the units. “I don’t think that’s all of them, let reload everyone!

Phoenix was right, at the exact moment two phantoms and a spirit flew in. The two phantoms landed first then deployed jackals and grunts. “Suppressive fire, everybody! Lets go go go!” Sarge was serious. While the everyone was engaged, the spirit landed and dropped off two hunters and a wraith. “Osiris! Eyes on that wraith!”

“Yes sir. Locking on now.” Osiris moved the Scorpions barrel and aimed at the wraith. He fired. “Woah boy!” The wraith lost all power, flipped over and crushed one of the hunters. Osiris then immediately engaged and eliminated the last hunter. “Tank beats everything! Oh man, I could do this all day!” Osiris shot down the spirit.

“Alright guys, the ship looks like it’s about full and ready to take off with the civilians. Get ready to run to the second evac shuttle.” Sarge informed everyone. “Doc, you’re doing a great job assisting those families on board. Just remember that Warlord is counting on you.”

Doc briefly responded, “I know, sir.”

“Alright, first shuttles ready to go. I don’t seem to see any enemy movement on the VISOR, so we should be good.” Sarge confirmed putting his VISR HUD away. “Alright Evac Shuttle Number One, you are good to go!”

Evac pilot, “Thanks Team Lord, could’ve have done it without you.” The evac shuttle then blasts off towards the UNSC Warlord.

“Alright, shuttle number two. Lets go.” Phoenix took point.

“Sarge, it looks like we have banshee’s incoming towards shuttle two.” Dumby noticed.

“Alright, looks like there’s two of them.” Sarge stopped and noticed. “Everyone, behind cover! They’re coming towards us!” Everyone ran and hid behind rock formations and debris. “Alright, Phoenix and Architect you know what to do.”

Architect was the first to go. He activated his jet pack and took off right behind the banshee gaining speed. Phoenix was next, he went for the second banshee. Architect finally boarded the banshee. He then removed his plasma grenade from his waist. He accidently let go, “Crap!” He yelled. He then removed his second plasma grenade from his waist. He activated it and slammed it into the right wing thruster. He bailed and flew towards shuttle two where everyone was already setting up a defensive action. Except Osiris, whom was still driving his way towards shuttle two.

Phoenix still wasn’t done taking out his banshee. He reached for the banshee and grabbed ahold of it. The banshee then rolled causing him to slide off. Just in time, he grabbed a hold of the banshees left wing. He struggled for his combat knife, which he finally grabbed ahold of. Phoenix cut a hole in the side of the banshee  revealing the circuits. His final act was ready. Phoenix grabbed his firebomb grenade and see it on the vehicles main circuit wire. Phoenix bailed as well and flew back to shuttle number two. His banshee lost control and swerved off and ran into an enemy phantom transporting three ghosts, which caused a huge explosion destroying the phantom and its vehicles.

“Evac shuttle number two is complete. Now to just get it the hell out of here.” Paladin informed. The enemy shade turret kept its fire. “Osiris, help please.”

“Sure thing.” Osiris shot down the bridge leading from one side of the pelican to the other causing all the shade turrets to fall and collapse.

“Alright, anti-air batteries are no longer in the area. You may proceed Evac Shuttle Number Two.” Sarge said while taking down an Elite minor.

“Thanks for the assist Team Lord. Glad you’re on your side.” The pilot said before blasting off towards the UNSC Warlord.

“Alright, last shuttle guys. Then we can head back up and get the hell away from this planet.” Sarge said. He then ran full speed towards the last shuttle, everyone following him and Osiris turning on the Scorpion’s boost to catch up.

“Glad you guys could make it! Get aboard now! Screw the civilians, Command wants this shuttle and everyone on it gone now!” The pilot said over the local network COM’s.

“May I ask why she issued  this order?” Sarge challenged.

“Because of that.” He pointed in front of the shuttle. Sarge noticed it too. A covenant Scarab.

“Don’t worry UNSC Warlord Team Lord. We got that Scarab for you.” Three Mac blasts then came straight out of the sky crippling the Scarab into nothing.

“Thanks for the assist UNSC Spirit of Fire. Couldn’t of done it without you.” Sarge told Captain Cutter.

“Okay, now we got the evac shuttle loaded. Lets get to the extraction zone out of the city. The Spartan’s should all be there waiting for us to evac.” Sarge said, while helping Osiris out of the Scorpion.

“Alright, lets do this.” Architect said then jet packed over and took out an enemy vampire in the area.

The first half of Team Lord made it in one piece. Except there was one problem. The Spartan’s weren’t there and the evac pelican arrived in ten minutes.

“Hey Sarge, would you look at that?” Fauz said.

“Huh?” Sarge looked up where Fauz motioned. There was two Covenant Corvettes and one Covenant Destroyer moving into position in one area.

“No. That can’t be. That’s where the Spartan’s are. Should we save them?” Doc said, really worried about the Spartan’s.

“We’ll be fine without them, just hold this position for now until they get here. Alright?” Sarge walked over and assured him. Except he noticed something when he went over to Doc to comfort him. Down towards the Spartan’s location in the Arcadia Outskirts, Sarge noticed something. There was an Elite with highly advanced armour and two energy swords just standing still in one location.

~End of Chapter 5~

~Chapter 6: Arcadia Outskirts~

“Is everyone alright?” Alex's voice said.

“Yeah, I just think the landing would've gone better.” Jack said. He pulled himself up and put his helmet back on and grabbed his assault rifle.

Bek raised herself off the floor. She grabbed her shotgun and loaded the shells into the ammunition slot. “I think we should get a move on and see what the Covenant are really here for. I don't think standing around in a Pelican that just crashed because of a shade turret will do any good. For all they care, they think we're dead.”

“She's right.” Biggles said while he finished his ammunition reload.

“Alright everyone. Let's go in pairs: Jack and Biggles, Bek and Archangel. I'll go on my own. It'll get additional ground covered. Now let's move.” Alex headed off in one direction.

“You heard the man.” Biggles and Jack ran in another direction.

Bek looked at Archangel, “Just like old times back at ONI, huh?” Archangel nodded. They both took off in a direction separate from the other teams.

~ ~

Biggles and Jack arrived at a covenant outpost. They surveyed the area. “Looks like they're either planning for something or their gathering a lot of troops for a major invasion force.” Jack lowered his binoculars. “Alright, lets go. We need to take out this outpost one way or another.” They headed in the different direction.

“Wait, I think I see something up ahead that we could use to take out that Covenant outpost. It looks like it'll do the trick.” Biggles squinted at what he saw. Jack and him ran up to the machine. Jack surveyed the area while Biggles did a ping. “I don't see anything on the radar. So we must be good to go.”

Jack ran up to get in the machine, “Holy crap, we're going to use a Wolverine?” Jack dropped his gun from the shock. “Those things could destroy a building quicker than an average Scorpion.” Jack swiped up his gun and climbed on top of the Wolverine. He lowered his self into the Wolverine pilot hatch.

“Let's do this.” Biggles hopped into the gunner seat hatch and turned on the Wolverine.

“Okay let's go.” Jack drove straight towards the Covenant outpost. They were lucky. The Covenant didn't hear nor see them arrive before it was too late. “You get infantry, I got buildings.” Biggles started shooting the grenade launcher cannon at the grunts and elites. Jack turned the two rocket salvages and fired them at the outpost destroying the building from high impact.

“Looks like this place is toast” Jack said as he hopped out of the Wolverine finishing a piece of bread he found inside the hatch.

“Yeah, toast.” Biggles shot the grunt in the face causing a massive explosion to come from his methane tank. He opened the hatch, and put his Battle Rifle next to the hatch door.

“Uh, Biggles. You coming out or what?” Jack's expression looked confused.

“Yeah, I'm coming.” Biggles raised himself out of the hatch and onto the ground, he grabbed his Battle Rifle then

checked to make sure he still had everything. He looked at Jack and nodded his head. They both progressed through the area even more, they were on the look out for a Covenant extraction zone.

~ ~

“Archangel. Are you ready?” She whispered.

Archangel responded, “Yes, setting up the bipod now, Bek.” He steadied the pod on the tree branch and balanced it.

Archangel and Bek had came onto a Covenant extraction site. They thought it looked like they had dug up some sort of building material. The structure was made of a nice solidified surface that ran off of some sort of technology usage of energy.

“Alex, Jack, and Biggles. Come to our location, now.” Archangel said.

“You think you found it?” Alex replied.

“Just come quick and look for yourself, I'm engaging now.” Archangel left the network.

Archangel took the first shot, luck was in his rifle this time; the Elite Commander fell down dead. The other Covenant began to scream in different tones about what just happened. Archangel took another shot, killing the gunner in the shade turret. He kept a steady pace of sniper shots for a few more rounds until one of the jackals spotted Bek and began to shoot his plasma pistol in the direction. So did all the grunts and other jackals. The few

Elites that were there started to revolt as well.

“I'm taking way too much fire. I can't get a beat on them, Archangel. Can you finish off those jackals?” Bek leaned over and shot three grunts in the face and returned back behind the tree.

Archangel hopped out of the tree and went behind cover behind the bottom of a tree. “Too much incoming fire, don't want a stray bullet to hit me.” Archangel dropped an Elite.

In the distance three banshees and a phantom crashed down in the area with a result of majority of the grunts and jackals gone. “What the hell?” Archangel, Bek, and The Covenant looked around. Six more missiles came into the area blowing up a Covenant Wraith tank. “Okay, seriously. What's up?” Archangel sat down and messed with his network. “Okay, seriously. Which one of you guys was that?” He sounded upset about it.

“Was just Biggles and I. We found this Wolverine laying around and said 'Might as well use it.' So we took it and used it.” Jack replied back.

“Ah whatever.” Archangel shot the last Elite in the area.

Everyone regrouped in the middle. “Where's Alex?” Bek asked. She sounded as if she were afraid and scared for what might have happened to Alex.

“I'm here don't worry. But let's get going. We have about four minutes to get to the exfil. Commander's orders.”

Alex ran past them in the direction of the extraction location.

After about two minutes of running they arrived at the bottom of the hill. Everyone started to run up the hill where the Pelican just landed. Alex saw Sarge, he looked as if he didn't want us to go up the hill. Suddenly Alex was drug and thrown threw two trees.

“Ah what the Hell was that?” He picked up his Assault Rifle and aimed it at where he was thrown. An Elite revealed itself from his active camouflage. The armor didn't look like ordinary Elite battle armor, it looked as if it belonged to a Covenant ship Commander.

“I am Fien' Sheyan, I am the third in command of the Covenant destroyer Bliss of Sedate. You are one of our high value targets, demon.” He withdrew two energy swords and ran at Alex. Alex opened fire.

Bek heard the shots, she called for the others to come help, which they did. They all ran towards Alex to save him. “Don't come any closer! Just run to the Pelican. Run!” Alex yelled at her. She hesitated as did the others,

then ran to the Pelican.

Alex got knocked back from the Elite's fists. It hurt. Alex then got up and pulled out his magnum. He managed to get the Elite to drop one of the swords, Alex broke the power supply on it. The Elite looked angry.

“Damn you demon! I will have you for this!” Fien' ran at him. Alex dodged his swings and ran over and picked up his Assault Rifle he dropped earlier. He opened fire on the Elite, but the sword just reflected the bullets.

“Ah, what the hell.” Alex dropped the Assault rifle.

“Here, catch!” Alex heard Jack yell, so he held his hand in the air and caught a combat knife. Just in time as Fien' ran up, Alex stabbed his hand resulting in the Elite being disabled in both arms.

“Fool. You may have been able to defeat me, but the Arbiter will have your head! Your heresy will stand your feet!” The Elite fell to the ground.

“No, but it will stand yours.” He shot the Elite in the face with his magnum. Alex caught up to the pelican with less than thirty seconds left. “Let's go, now!” The pelican escalated quickly and boosted towards the UNSC Warlord.

A nuke went off down on the ground. Sarge leaned over and looked at where the noise came from and questioned, “What was that?”

Biggles took off his helmet and smiled at Sarge. “Command's orders.”

~End Chapter Six~

~Chapter 7: Tick Tock goes the Clock~

“Get your asses in here now!” The Commander was really impatient, this is very unusual for her. Something terrible must have happened. Sarge kept these thoughts to himself.

“What is it Commander?” Alex rushed into the room first, Sarge and the others right behind him. Osiris was on the floor exhausted from the rush in. Doc went over to Osiris to lower his heart rate so he doesn't pass out.

“Alright, today I need you all to do your very best. Well, everyone who is a Spartan and ODST that is.” The Commander narrowed her eyes at them. “Now, I want you all to know that a special Marine, who is one of our high valued crew members, has been kidnapped. Yes, an Elite was aboard the ship during the battle and was able to take him down and escape. We have no idea what this Elite looks like. Anyways, mission is this: You go to that Covenant Cruiser, get inside, and get that package. Do you hear me?” The Commander rose her voice to the height of authority.

“Sir, yes sir!” Team Lord responded. Doc helped Osiris up on his feet. He was able to stand again thanks to Doc, good thing he was there at the time for him.

“Alright, ODST's and Spartan's: You go down the hall to the landing bay. Everyone who is not: Go do whatever you feel like. This mission is highly risky and you only have four hours to do it before all the UNSC ships jump into slipspace and get the hell out of here.” The Commander sat down in her chair. She didn't look up, “Sarge. Get Zen out of there, and maybe I can get you a new recruit.” She started typing onto her NAVCOM. “You are dismissed.” She then completely ignored him.

Sarge headed towards the landing bay, where the Spartan's were awaiting the ODST's to arrive. “Alright, so what are we taking?” Sarge was confused since the Commander had forgotten to mention that.

“You will be taking these.” Moth said from behind. Everybody turned around. He started to chuckle, “Heh, don't worry. They're right over here.” Moth lead the part of the team over to the other side of the landing bay; where the Air Hangar was. He then pointed at the vehicles, “Alright boys and girls, these are your toys. Be careful on how you treat them, if you treat them poorly you ruin them. Oh, and also you might not want to engage anything. Don't return fire or anything. Just take the Space Banshees and board the Covenant Cruiser, and you should be fine getting through there.”

The team started towards the banshees, when suddenly Moth called for them, “Oh hey wait, you guys might need this.” He ran up to Alex. “Here, this may prove useful. Just use it wisely, okay?” He handed Alex the Spartan Laser. “Alright, good luck fellows. You have three and a half hour left, prove yourself worthy. The Commander wants a show.” He smiled, then turned around and took off at a steady pace towards the Commander.

The team boarded all the banshees, “I'm not so sure about this.” Paladin said with a slightly afraid tone. “I mean, we don't usually hijack vehicles from the enemy and use them to board them.” Alex stared at him for a couple seconds. “Oh well, a must is a must, I guess.” He and the others got into the Space Banshee's.

“Alright, before you all leave, I want you to know something about the plan first.” Moth walked up to the platform everyone was at. “You all need to be careful, Preston Cole's Fleet and UNSC Warlord are engaging the Covenant ships, be careful so as to not get in the rain of fire out there. Beware of both Covenant and UNSC, for as both will not care if one ships is destroyed.” He turned around and started for the staircase down from the platform. “Oh, and good luck on your way there. You'll need it.

Moth walked over the the station and opened the hangar door, “Alright everyone, you may leave.” A couple of Longsword's and Sabre's took off first, then Team Lord went next in their space banshees. Moth quickly shut the hangar door and proceeded to the operations room. Team Lord kept on their target.

This was going to be a fun trip.

~End of Chapter 7~

~Chapter 8: Consign to Oblivion~

Sarge broke in over the network, “Alright, if we're going to make it to this Covenant Cruiser, we need to act like Covenant.” Sarge started shooting at a friendly longsword, he missed and shot down a Seraph that was right behind it.

“I don't think that was acting like Covenant.” Bek said.

“We might as well do it, it'll let the Covenant think we're undisciplined and let the UNSC know who we are.” Alex responded.

“Undisciplined?” Sarge questioned.

“Just go with the plan, the less you know the better it is for you to concentrate.” Alex started shooting at a Sabre and killed two space banshees.

“Can you g..y's hear me?” Someone interrupted into the network.

“Yes we can, loud and clear.” Sarge responded.

“Good, this is Moth I need to give you a few more details and navigation's so you can get there.” Moth was silent for a moment.

None of the crew responded to Moth, so it was taken that they were all aware and ready for his instructions and descriptions. All that was heard were the shots of the Space Banshees dual cannons. Mostly by Sarge and Alex.

“Alright, we picked up the name of the Covenant ship, it seems to be marked as Consign to Oblivion. Which we believe the name has no relation to the ship, but the Covenant must think of it as a cool word from the English language.” Moth stated, he moved pieces of paper around on the look for more information of the ship.

Paladin replied to Moth, “So you're saying the Covenant have no idea what the ships name stands for, they just like the way it looks?”

“Correct.” Moth established, “Oh, here I'm going to send you all the inside layout of the ship. It should be able to help you find Zen, although we really can't pinpoint a location. That will be your call on how to find him.” Moth started to look for more details on the ship. He found it. “You might need to know this, the ships shield door hanger is open, they're sending everything they got out at the UNSC. You should recognize it upon your destination.” There was an alarm going off in the background from Moth's side of the communications.

“What's going on over there?” Sarge reacted to the noise.

“It looks like we have a Covenant Destroyer on our hands. The Commander might be needing me, we have another ship in bound to us as well. The other one looks like a Covenant Corvette.” The Commander could be heard in the background, she ordered Moth to get off the Network and to assist in the battle against the Covenant. “Alright, Lord, the Commander needs me. Here, you're about 10 kilometers from the Cruiser you need to reach. Just head straight and make a turn left after about 2.67 kilometers. Alright I have to go.” Moth disappeared from the Network.

“Well this just got a whole lot worse.” Fauz said.

“Let's just get to the Covenant Cruiser, we know where to head now, so why not get there even faster?” Sarge suggested somewhat of an idea.

“What do you mean, get there faster?” Archangel decided to speak up and ask.

“Well, these banshees are built with a boost ability, correct?” Sarge asked the team.

“Most combat banshees are. What are you suggesting?” Jack of Harts was confused about the overall idea of this.

“We should boost our way there, before we get left behind. Less time lost, more ground covered.” Sarge stated.

Sarge then turned on the boosters on his Banshee and took off at an incredible speed towards the Consign to

Oblivion. The others followed him in succession. The battle got even more intense the closer they got to their objective.

“Sarge. Get down!” Alex yelled over the network.

Sarge looked up, a Covenant Super-Carrier was coming straight towards them. Sarge quickly reacted and evaded downwards. The Cruiser was about 50 km from the team. “Thanks Alex, saved a team there.”

“No problem, as long as we can get this Zen person, we should do fine.” Alex conversed.

“I think I can see the ship from here.” Archangel squinted his eyes to clarify.

“Looks like it.” Alex told Archangel. “My travel meter says we have traveled 8.48 kilometers already, so it looks right.”

“Okay, then lets move in.” Sarge turned off his boosts as he closed in on the Shield Door. Every vehicle meant for space combat was being dispatched. “I think this space combat just turned into a huge war.”

“That's what ONI was saying back at base. They think the Covenant are declaring war on humanity.” Bek gave away this information.

“Well then we're right in the middle of it.” Sarge landed his banshee along with the others inside the Covenant Hangar. An Elite General noticed the intruders inside the Banshee's. He ran over and hit the ship alarm.

“You remember when you said the situation got worse, Fauz?” Sarge looked over at him.

Fauz pulled out of his Space Banshee. “Yes I do, sir. May I ask why?”

Sarge was speechless for a couple of seconds. He then put himself together, “Well I think it just got to its worst.” Jackals and Grunts stormed in through one door. A couple of hunters came in through another. Elites stood up on the balcony.

“Lord team, hold a defensive position.” Sarge commanded.

All of a sudden, drones poured in through the ceiling. The Covenant started heavy fire. “If these barriers give up, we're dead.” Biggles firmly held up against the barricade.

“Where's Alex?” Sarge just noticed he never landed with the rest of them.

“I thought I saw him land in here with the rest of us.” Dumby said as he threw a blind grenade. “I could have sworn he did.”

At that precise moment, the Covenant managed to pull out a Wraith Tank from their vehicle stash. The team just laid against the barriers with melancholy spread over their faces.

“This must have been just a suicide mission, a way for the Commander to get rid of us.” Paladin had tears rolling down his eyes.

The wraith fired.

~End of Chapter 8~

~Chapter 9: Lan Chorus~

Sarge screamed, “Paladin! You gotta use it now!” Paladin pulled out his equipment and activated the controls. The team was surrounded in a bubble shield. “Dumby! You're turn!” Dumby reached behind him and grabbed his equipment. He threw it at the Wraith.

Activated.

The power drain crumbled all the Jackals gauntlets and the nearby Elites lost their shields. “That was a close one, good call Commander.” Bek smiled behind her helmet. The power drain wore out and self destructed just as the drop shield disappeared.

“Well crap. Now, we're screwed.” Sarge sat down with his back against the wall.

Jack spoke up, “Anybody else hear that noise?” Everyone listened. A huge explosion came from over where the Covenant Wraith was.

“That's just the power drain I threw.” Dumby replied.

Jack peeked over the barriers. “No... No, you're power drain blew up the Wraith! We got this! We can push forward!” Jack peeked around the corner and opened fire.

“Jack! What are you doing? We need to take out those two snipers on the balcony.” Sarge scorned at him and pulled him back into cover.

Two shots were fired. Everyone looked over to where they came from.

“I guess we're allowed to open fire now?” Biggles reloaded his weapon.

“Go ahead, just keep your eye on that plasma turret. I don't think it'll spare mercy to anyone.” Sarge tossed a grenade.

Everyone opened fire. Biggles, Jack, and Bek all opened fire on the left flank. Dumby, Sarge, and Paladin opened fire on the right flank. Archangel and Fauz took the middle.

“They're too strong.” Bek withdrew from the fight and reloaded. “There's gotta be something else we can do.”

Fauz sat down and reloaded as well. “Uh... Guy's, we have an enemy Seraph coming towards us. I don't think

there's anyway we can avoid fire.” The Seraph grew closer and closer at a slow pace.

“Well everyone. Was good knowing you.” Dumby stood up and fired his weapon dry. The Seraph just reached the door entry. It fired.

A couple of seconds later.

“What the hell just happened?” Sarge stood up and commanded. He watched the Seraph crash into the balcony, where the plasma cannon was placed and blow up.

“I think that Seraph may have been a rebel Covenant... Oh what do they call those again...” Bek stood there and tried to figure out the name.

“Heretics?” Jack questioned.

“Yes, those guys. Maybe he was a Heretic?” Bek responded to Sarge's question with a question.

“No, something different. Look.” Sarge pointed over at the balcony. A human shaped figure was headed towards them.

“What should we do Sarge? Hold ground until we can be sure of who that is? Or fire at will?” Paladin glanced

over at Sarge, he held his rifle steady at the target.

“Go ahead, fire. Your weapons won't hurt me.” The man said as he moved closer. Paladin shot at the man's chest.

“Hold fire!” Sarge yanked the weapon out of Paladin's hands. The man walked up to them. Alex. “Oh, it's you.

Glad to have you back Alex. Do you mind explaining the Seraph to me?”

Alex looked at the Sergeant. “Classified.”

Sarge rolled his eyes. “Whatever, let's get going. We have about and hour and thirty-seven minutes left. Let's not waste time.” They headed down the corridor the NAV system said to go.

They rounded a corner when they noticed there were two Elite Spec Ops and an Elite Zealot standing alone. The Zealot was issuing an order at the Spec Ops, none of them could understand what was going on or being said, except for the occasional word 'demon' being mentioned.

“Alright, I got this. Archangel and Fauz, follow me.” Sarge went invisible as well as the other two. He went over the local network, “Alright, light up your friend or foe tags. We need to make sure we know who is who.”

“Sarge, no offense or anything, but I can see your weapon. I don't think it necessary.” Fauz bluntly replied.

Sarge got a rush of anger there, but decided to not release it. Instead, he made a motion for Archangel to take out the Zealot when the others aren't aware. Sarge and Fauz go in front of the two Spec Ops. Archangel withdrew his knife making a scrape sound and jabbed it in the Zealot's neck. The two Spec Ops spun around, Sarge and Fauz jumped on their backs and stabbed them in their necks. The elites were dead.

“Nice job.” Alex said as he walked around the corner.

The team headed down the corridors towards the specified brig room. After awhile, they arrived at the entryway to the room. Sarge notified them, “Alright, our mission is almost complete with an hour and twenty-six minutes left.

We need to do this now and get out of here as fast as we can. We'll hijack the nearest space phantom and return to the ship from there.” He opened the door Zen was asleep in the back cell. Sarge started to walk into the room.

“Wait!” Alex yelled at Sarge to stop. A high-ranking Elite Field Marshall walked up to them from beside the door.

Without any other choice, Alex ran at the Elite with full force and pushed him into one of the other door's in the room. It locked behind them.

“Alex! No!” Bek felt her heart drop. She was tired of all this sadness and just wanted it to end. She dropped to

her knees and removed her helmet. Biggles walked up to her.

“It'll be alright, Bek. Alex knows what he's doing.” He laid a hand on her shoulder and crouched to eye level. “The door may be locked, but that's still no match for Alex, just remember that the Spartan Laser he has is capable of punching through doors twice as thick.” He stood up and resided among everyone else.

Sarge quickly commanded, “Alright, everyone look for a way to get Zen out of here. We need to move, and fast. We're running out of time.” He stared at the door where Alex was. He hesitated then moved towards the control panel to search for a way to get Zen out and alive.

~Alex and the Elite~

“You will die one way or another!” Alex kept a steady hold on the trigger. The Elite dodged every bullet.

“No. You will die like the rest of your race. Weak and undisciplined.” The Elite walked up and grabbed the gun and tossed it at the Repulsor engines. “Fool.” He picked up Alex and set him on his feet. “Now fight with honor.” The Elite handed him an Energy Sword.

“Why should I?” Alex looked at him.

“If you win, I'll fight for you. If you lose, I'll terminate your team and your ship!” The Elite stared at him.

“Alright, sounds fair to me. I wouldn't mind fighting with my friend split-jaw.” Alex activated his sword.

The Elite smiled, “It's actually Lan Chorus.” The Elite swung his sword.

~End of Chapter 9~

~Chapter 10: Showdown~

“Hmph.” Lan Chorus taunted Alex. His jaws spread wide open in the shape of a smile. He lunged.

Alex blocked the attack, kicked the elite and swung. Things were about to get hot.

Alex and Lan kept at a steady pace fight. Alex would swing, Lan would block. Lan would swing, Alex would block.

It seemed as if this duel was never going to end.

Meanwhile, Sarge was gathering the others up. “Alright people. Let's get Zen and find a Covenant Seraph to get the hell off this damn ship.” Sarge gave up on the sealed engine room door, he walked away and started to wander around on the sight of a Seraph for them to escape.

“Hey Sarge. Any idea on which way we came in? If so, that would help.” Archangel walked up right beside him.

“We came from that way.” Sarge pointed down the left hallway. “May I ask why?”

Archangel smiled behind his helmet. “Because that's the way where all the Seraph's are destroyed. Maybe if we go the opposite way we can get the opposite board of the ship and run into a closer hangar?” Archangel lead off

down the right hallway.

“I supposed that's common sense. Thanks, Arch.” Sarge lead everyone else down the right hallway in search of a

Seraph while Alex was still battling Lan in the engine room.

“Come on demon. We both know you're not going to win. You're race is weak and undisciplined.” He shoved Alex, which threw him at a wall. A crack sound was made. Lan just walked up to him as he was to take the kill.

Alex just stared at the Elite as he grabbed him and lifted him off the ground. His visor was cracked, he couldn't see any of his vitals or anything on his suit from it. The crack went from side to side. “Let's face it, slip-jaw, you're going to die. Even if it's not now. My team will get you.” Lan just stared deeply into his visor. He raised his sword.

Weirdly, the Elite's COM's flicked on. It was saying something in a different language, Alex could not understand it. Lan just replied back with seldom talk to whomever the COM was sent from. The COM ended shortly after, Lan stared at Alex. “Stay here. I'll be back.” He tossed a flare at Alex then vanished.

Alex couldn't see, he had to take off his helmet and shield his eyes from the bright beam of the flare ball. He then reached for his magnum and shot where the flare was. It made a huge explosion shaking the ship.

No. That wasn't the flare that shook the ship, the ship was under attack! Alex got up as fast as he could and grabbed the spartan laser and put his helmet back on. He charged up the laser as quick as he could and shot down the sealed door. He started for it, then stopped. He turned around.

Alex just remembered, he was in the engine room. He charged up the spartan laser and fired at the core engine. It melted and exploded. Alex made a dash for it, he ran out of the room and down the right hallway.

The ship was exploding behind him with every blast almost hitting him. He was hoping to run into some sort of

room where he could escape this ship. He found it, a hangar with three Seraph's and a Space Banshee. One of the Seraph's were leaving. No, that was Sarge's seraph. Alex pulled at his pistol and shot at the Seraph windshield. That got their attention.

Bek looked out the window, “Hey it's Alex! He made it just in time!” Paladin took over the controls and punched in the keys to open the hatch for him. Alex ran inside.

“Glad you could make it, sir.” Dumby just laid back with his arms behind his head and smiled at him. “Would've sucked explaining to ONI what the hell just happened back there. Anyways, so did you win?”

Alex just stared down at the ground. “I'd rather not talk about it.”

Dumby sat up straight. “Oh that's cool man, no problem.” He glanced at the other Spartan's and ODST's. He got up and walked over and sat by Paladin. “So, uh, how much time we got left until we're abandoned?”

Sarge contacted the UNSC Warlord. He got a response, then he stopped and went silent.

“What is it, Sarge? Fauz said.

“They were the one's attacking Consign to Oblivion as we left. We have 83 seconds. We need to make this quick.

Let's go.” He took over the controls and headed straight for the ship. All the Hangars were closed. Pardon that, all Hangars except one were closed. He went towards it.

“Sarge to UNSC Warlord. We are approaching at approximately 2 miles from the right wing. We're headed straight for the only open bay. Do you copy?” Sarge contacted.

“I see you, Team Lord. Go ahead and make a landing. We'll cover you.” It was Moth.

“Thanks, Team Lord out.” Sarge ran straight for the hangar.

He barely made it with a second to spare. The Hangar shut and the ship entered slip space and was gone.

“Whew, that was close.” Cajun said as he approached the ship.

Doc ran up to see if everyone was alright. He helped Zen out and took him to the med bay. “Glad to see you all, but I have to do my part in this now.”

“Oh, glad to see you all could actually do it.” The Commander stood up on the railing. She was in a leaned position, nice bright smile on her face, and had a nice calm soothing voice.

“Commander.” The team saluted her.

She smiled at them, “Just call me Sam for now. You're all on inactive duty for the next couple days until we arrive at the planet Reach. Take a few days off. Enjoy yourself.” Sam seemed a bit odd. But nobody was going to question her inactive duty appearance. They just kept to themselves.

“Well, I'm just glad to be back.” Paladin said.

They all headed for their dormitory to rest until the arrival of Reach.

~End of Chapter 10~

~Chapter 11: Gregor~

Samantha strolled her way down the hallway of Lord. She had a tipsy attitude on her followed by a big grin. "Hey Doc. It's time." She motioned him to follow her with her finger. Doc got up, grabbed his gear, and followed the commander.

Sam strolled back down the hallway into the medical bay. She led him to a bed where Zen was at. "ONI needs him. You're in charge of this mission. I'm just sending you and a spare ODST I have. So make this trip quick, okay?" She backed away and motioned for an ODST to come over. "Alright Gregor, you know the order. Let's get it done today." Sam walked out of the room.

"So, you must be Doc?" The ODST said. He had something different about him. Something that seemed a little odd. Oh, it was his helmet. Doc was used to ODST's having a white stripe on his helmet, but this ODST had a yellow one instead.

Doc remembered he was just asked a question, "Oh, uh, yes I am. You must be the ODST that the Commander was talking about?" He got the topic back on track, well for himself anyways.

Gregor removed his helmet, "Yes. Names Gregor. I have orders to help you deliver this patient," He gestured at Zen, "to one of the ONI facilities." He paused. Then continued. "Do you have any idea why ONI might want this patient? He looks out of it." His face turned into a frown.

Doc just grabbed the patient and laid him on a cart. "Nope. No idea, but let's get going." Doc started to push the cart towards the air hangar.

Gregor grabbed his arm, "Now wait. Sam told us we have to travel by land vehicle. We can't take a Pelican. She said something about it ruining the plan."

Doc hesitated and threw his gun at the floor, "God damn it!" He put his hand up against his forehead and tried to calm himself down. "Okay, so we need to take drop pods. Alright. Let's get a troop hog ready."

Gregor already looked at him, "Already done. I took the liberty to prepare everything for us so there are no delays. Now come on, let's go." He headed for the drop pods near the vehicle bay. "The Warthog will drop with us, we're set on a synchronized drop." He set himself in the drop pod, Doc laid Zen in another, then seated himself. "Alright. Let's go." Gregor reached over and hit the switch.

They dropped.

~End of Chapter 11~

~Chapter 12: Transport~

Doc held on tight to the safety rail. He’s only ever used the drop pod once. The first time felt like hell, this time felt about the same. Except worse. Reach’s gravity grabbed ahold of the pods and pulled them down at an incredible speed. At this rate they were bound to hit the ground at any moment, with a force so strong to shove their leg bones straight through the skin. Except it didn’t.

Doc stared out the window. It seemed as if this fall was a never ending abyss. No, scratch that. An abyss is empty, so that wouldn’t be possible. Well, you know, an abyss is empty, and if I’m in an abyss... Wouldn’t that contradict the possibility of them being in an abyss?

Doc screamed in his head. He hated these occurring thoughts. Was there anyways to stop them?

A huge jolt shook the pod. “What was that?” Doc tried his COM’s with Gregor, hoping he could get a reply. No response back. He let out a loud sigh then laid back and relaxed.

Thump.

Doc tried to open his eyes. He couldn’t. They felt sealed shut. He tried again. His eyes opened up a little, he could see, but couldn’t focus on it. His eyes forced themselves shut. He tried one last time and at that exact moment, some sort of gas was spraying. That threw his eyes open, he began to go into panic mode. ‘Was drop pod leaking oxygen?’

The door blew open.

Doc shielded his eyes, despite the irony. Nothing happened to him. He slowly lowered his arms and hands. He was landed. The area had a solid landscape, sort of a desert terrain look. He stepped out of the drop pod. A gust of wind hit him, not strong but it gave him a gentle push. “Well I guess it’s time to rendezvous with Gregor.” He headed for the beacon that just appeared on his map. Well he didn’t really get very far, he heard something from behind headed his way. He stopped and turned around.

It was Gregor. He was in the Warthog with someone with him. Doc peered closer, he couldn’t tell. Gregor pulled up to a halt beside Doc. Oh, it was just Zen in the passenger seat. For an odd reason he was still asleep, even after the drop.

Gregor looked at him through his helmet, “Let’s go. We don’t have much time.” Doc started at Zen. “Now.” Doc hesitated, then got on the turret. Gregor headed off.

“Mind telling me where we’re headed?” Doc sounded bored from the ride. “I mean, knowing the location is one thing. Another is, why the hell is Zen still asleep?” He stared at him.

“The location is ONI Castle Base.” He kept his eyes on the road. “You ask why he’s asleep? Well I don’t know what kind of Doctor you are, but he’s in a coma. If he was taking a nap, he’d be awake now and helping.” He got a smirk on his face. “But that’s all I’m telling you.” He kept driving.

Doc felt embarrassed for being outsmarted in his field, especially from an ODST. He has already started to despise this ODST. Why does he get to know the details and I don’t? Is it just because he’s an ODST? Doc sat down. The Warthog stopped. “Do I have to stand? Is that why you stopped?”

Gregor motioned at him to silence. Doc silenced and listened. He didn’t hear anything. Wait, now he did. It sounded like rotors. “Sounds like a falcon. Get the rocket turret ready for an attack.”

“An attack? Aren’t the falcon’s UNSC? That should mean they’re on our side?” Doc felt irritated with Gregor’s negligence. The falcon appeared in front of them, it was headed straight at them.

“Aim the cannon at them now, Doc!” Gregor commanded. He ran to the other side of the warthog and drug Zen out and over to a tree. He rested Zen on the tree and returned to the warthog. “What are you doing!? You’re going to get us both killed!” He booted up the turret’s systems.

“Like I said, Gregor. That falcon is UNSC. It’s on our side!” He pushed Gregor off the turret and onto the ground. He landed with a thud. Doc then aimed the turret at Gregor. “Now that I know the location, I can get rid of you.

Though, that’d be a waste and I don’t want court martial. So I’m just going to aim this turret at you until the falcon lands by to aid us.”

Gregor stared at him. Anger and hatred rushed through his veins. But he did nothing. Instead he watched the falcon sweep by. He got up and parkoured over the turret and tackled Doc to the ground.

The falcon opened fire.

~End of Chapter 12~

~Chapter 13: Sweep~

Gregor locked on to the falcon, bullets were sprayed at Doc. Gregor watched Doc take off in a sprint to avoid gun, he knew it was a matter of time before the falcon had him. Gregor looked down at the rocket pod systems, they were still acquiring lock. He had to take the shot now or Doc wouldn’t make it.

“Gregor! Help me, please!” Doc was struck, the back of his leg was injured bad. The falcon turret swept over him and continued in an invisible chase. It stopped. “Gregor...” Doc grabbed his pistol, unfortunately the falcon was gone. It was engaged with Gregor and the warthog. Gregor was off the turret now and on the run for his life.

Doc grabbed his binoculars and looked at the turret, it was still locking on to the falcon. Just a few more seconds and it would be ready. That was too much time. Gregor was a few minutes away, maybe even seconds, from a bloodfest. Doc took his pistol and shot at the gunner.

“Headshot.” Doc dropped his lowered his hand.

The falcon backed off and headed in retreat. Doc watched as it hurried away and rounded the corner. No, Doc squinted his eyes. The falcon was headed back in a weird formation. He squinted his eyes even more, “Wait a second.” The falcon scraped the left wing against the wall, propeller shards sprung everywhere. Doc rolled over and took cover from the shards, “So much for no gunner.”

The propeller flew directly at Gregor, he had no chance of evasion. The propeller’s front took Gregor with him. He was knocked up against the wall of a crevice which caused him a major shock trauma that lead to him knocked out.

Doc got up and made a run to help him, then he caught a glimpse in his eye, the falcon crashed on the ground and skidded towards him at a forty five degree arc. The right wing propeller tore off and removed the tail. The falcon was gone, but the pilot was still there. Doc reached for his weapon. The pilot hopped out and aimed his battle rifle at Doc. It was a stand off.

“Wait, Doc. Is that you?” The soldier lowered his weapon and appeared closer.

Doc stared directly into his visor, weapon still drawn at the ready. “I don’t know you.” He cocked his pistol.

The soldier removed his helmet.

Doc dropped his pistol, “Oh my god. No, no it can’t be. You’re... You’re...” Doc was lost in words, the soldier just smiled at him. He offered his hand, Doc took it and stood up.

“Wait, first we need to go help my leader. He’s trapped behind a propeller.” Doc showed the soldier where

Gregor was.

“Jeez, he looks bad. Here, you grab him and pull him out; I’ll bend the propeller just enough to remove him.” The

soldier used his weight to bend the blade that trapped Gregor, and move it far enough so Doc could get him out.

Doc limped over to the warthog, the soldier carried Gregor and lowered him in the driver’s seat to rest out his coma. “How long do you think he’ll be out?” the soldier glanced at Doc.

“Probably until early morning, he might be a little hungry when he wakes up.” Doc replied.

“Heh, I don’t trust your medical readings anymore. Not after mine.” The soldier chuckled at Doc.

Doc kicked into an anger-tampered mood, “What exactly do you mean by that, Destroyer?” He got up in his face.

Destroyer just smiled at him, “Ah, so you do remember my name. Alright. I’ll tell you what happened.”

Destroyer moved over and sat down on a stump:

“After the bullet hit me in the head and knocked me stone cold to the floor, you all decided to just leave my corpse and continue to the objective. I partially remember you saying I was dead because you couldn’t tell if it

was paint or blood. Well for you information, it was blood, but I was not dead. More of slightly injured.” Destroyer showed him his scar where the bullet merely punctured.

“That seemed logical at the time, I’m only known for a medic for basics. Not advanced medical training to be an actual doctor.” Doc mellowed down.

“Anyways,” Destroyer continued. “After all of you left I was awoken by an insurrectionist. He offered to spare my life if I could get them a hand on a UNSC Falcon. Of course, as you probably have seen, I did so. In return, they patched me up and took care of me. In all honesty, they didn’t seem as strict as the UNSC. I liked the working environment, but the actual work was a lot harder to do. Of course, I did it to survive.”

“Seems fair enough to me, go on ahead with your short story.” Doc was interested in how he found them.

Destroyer just sat there and smiled, “So about two days ago I was asked to go do some actual operations. Seeing as how I was the only one who knew how to fly a falcon, I did a falcon operation with one of the side leaders of the insurrectionist camp I was in. We had intel that three ODST drop pods landed alongside a warthog drop pod. I was assigned on the actual termination operation, we had a few other spotters at all time to pinpoint your location and radio it in to us. Which then lead to how we end up here where we are.”

“Huh,” Doc just stared amused. “That was an interesting, not very detailing story you had. I got the main points on what happened, it just sounds kind of...”

“Boring?” Destroyer finished for him.

“Yeah... Boring.” Doc felt awkward for not being able to complete his sentence.

“Don’t worry it was. I missed the squad, but glad to be back.” He had a smile on his face, “So where are we headed to now?”

Doc looked at him, “ONI Castle, but I don’t know how to get there and Gregor only knows the way.”

“Oh, I know the way as well. Just arrange the hog and we can head out tonight.” Destroyer headed towards the warthog.

“Alright, I hope you’re right.” They lifted Gregor over and into the passenger seat with Zen. Destroyer took the wheel, Doc took the turret. They headed out.

This was going to be a fun arrival at ONI.

~End of Chapter 13~

~Chapter 14: Danger~

Destroyer reached over and inserted a CD into the Warthogs CD player. He looked back at Doc with a big grin on his face.

With a heavy sigh, Doc responded to him. “What are you smiling about? It better not be the song on that CD.”

“Nope, just enjoying the drive.” Destroyer adjusted himself in his seat.

The CD player started to play music loud enough for everyone in the vehicle to hear it clearly and thoroughly. “Splish, splash, I was takin’ a bath; Long about a Saturday night...”

“You have got be freaking kidding me, Destroyer. What the hell is this?” Doc was a little impatient about the song that was being played.

Destroyer was in a sing-a-long, “Well, I stepped out the tub; I put my feet on the floor... Ah C’mon man, it’s a good song. Sing with me, why don’t you?”

Doc just glared at him, “Why on worth would I do that? This song sounds ancient, despite being played on a CD player. Why do we still have CD players in our Warthogs?” His mind was about to burst from all of his confusion.

Destroyer turned the dial to the right, the music went right with it. “Alright, alright. My bad. I guess I can’t have any fun.” He crosses his arms over his chest. The warthog slightly turns right off the road. He grabs it and swerves it back on the left side of the road.

Doc turns the turret to the right to resist being thrown off, “God damn it Destroyer. Pay attention and quit whining like a marine.”

Destroyer looks back at him, “I’m sorry. I just want my music.”

Doc narrows his eyes, “How about you do what I told you and not listen to your music?”

Destroyer, “Jeez. I was just being sarcastic.”

“So am I, and I’m failing, and I’m sorry for that.” Zen yelled out in his sleep.

“What’s his deal?” Destroyer raised his eyebrows with a mixture of feelings.

Doc stole the look off Destroyer’s face, “I have no idea what happened either.”

Destroyer continued to press forward, without music until they reached their destination. Doc sat down with the turret faced opposed of the direction they were headed.

They reached it, well almost. They arrived at a UNSC outpost inside the canyon, not even 15 minutes later. An ODST approached them.

“Who are you and why are you here?” He asked.

Doc got up and answered the man, “We’re part of Team Lord, we are from the UNSC Warlord. We were sent here to drop off this soldier, Zen, for ONI. No other intel was given, sir.”

The ODST stared directly at him, Doc could feel the heat pinch in him that made him think what he told the ODST was wrong. The ODST responded, “Alright, we have a falcon ready for you. It should take you up to Farragut Outpost. You will then proceed from there to ONI Sword Base. They will take care of the rest from there.” The ODST walked away and a Falcon landed where he stood.

The pilot opened the hatch and helped load Zen and Gregor in the passenger seats. Doc and Destroyer proceeded to the gunner seats and sat down. The falcon began to escalate.

“So Doc, what do you think is going on?” Destroyer looked turned around and asked.

“Me? I don’t know. I’m just doing my job.” Doc stared out over the horizon.

“Attention passengers, we will be landing in the ONI Sword Base Courtyard alternatively due to Farragut Station’s Communications being offline. ETA in 30 seconds. Prepare for departure.” The pilot steered the Falcon towards an enormous pike resembling structure.

Doc and Destroyer hopped out of the falcon. Doc grabbed Zen; Destroyer grabbed Gregor. The falcon then departed from them and took off.

Two medics ran down to the courtyard and grabbed Zen, they then slowly carried him back to the structure. A woman appeared outside the door after they left. She walked down to the courtyard to meet up with them.

The lady began to speak, “Hello, I am Catherine Halsey. You may refer to me as Dr. Halsey or just Halsey. Thank you for the package. Your friend, Zen was carrying an artifact we so dreadfully needed to help us against the covenant. You guys managed to do that job. I have contacted Moth of Warlord and let him know you have arrived. A falcon should be here for you shortly.”

Halsey began to walk away. Doc couldn’t help but call out a question, “Will Zen becoming back?”

She turned around and smiled, “One way or another. Yes.” She proceeded back inside.

The falcon landed inside the Sword Base courtyard, Cajun opened the hatch and called out, “Come on, let’s go! Warlord is ready to leave!”

They sat Gregor in the passenger seat, the proceeded to take the turrets. Cajun violently raised the falcon at full speed. “Watch out, we got enemy heat signatures showing up from behind on the radar!”

Doc and Destroyer turned their turrets around. Banshees. Three of them, all headed at full speed towards them.

Doc opened fire on the machine gun, he took down one. Destroyer did the same on his side.

“Where did the third one go?” Doc called out.

Destroyer looked around, he saw it and yelled, “It’s in front of us! He looks like he’s turning around to take us out with the fuel rod!” Doc and Destroyer opened fire, they managed to take off the wings. It still flew, now it was unable to hit out of site.

“Don’t worry, I got this. Thanks for the assist.” Cajun opened fire on the nose gun, the banshee exploded into pieces towards the surface.

“What the hell is going on here?” Gregor was awake.

“Sir, it’s the Covenant.” Doc replied to him.

“You dip head, they’re ain’t no covenant on Reach.” Gregor responded.

Their COM’s came on, “UNSC Warlord to team Lord, do you hear me? I repeat, do you hear

me?”

“Yes I here you, Warlord. What’s going on?” Gregor took the COM’s.

“ONI has called out the Winter Contingency.” Warlord replied.

“Winter Contingency?” Gregor looked at the other two as if they knew what that was, they just

shrugged their soldiers.

Warlord came in again, “The Covenant are on Reach. I repeat the Covenant are on Reach.”

The Covenant are on Reach, those words stuck in their heads.

~End of Chapter 14~

~Chapter 15: Attack on Reach~

“I want a debrief in the next five minutes, is that understood!” The Commander was up in Gregor’s face, furious. “I want to know what the hell went on down there with you two, before the covenant showed up.” She walked away, then stopped. “Wait a second.”

She turned around and walked back to Team Lord. “Destroyer?”

Destroyer interacted with her, “Yes, sir?”

“Glad to have you back.” She lost control of her commander voice, it now had a resided marine voice to it. “Meet me in my office in twenty minutes for a debrief on your part.” She turned around and headed up the ramp.

“Well you heard the commander. Gregor and Doc, head to the debrief room. Destroyer, you head there as well, but wait outside until it’s your turn.” Alex took authority. “The rest of you, on me.” He headed the opposite direction, down the ramp to deck B.

“Good to see another voice in authority speak up.” Sarge wiped dirt off the left shoulder of Alex’s armor. “Glad to see you’re ready for action. Now we need to get to the nearest drop pods and go from there.” He have orders to the squad. “Cajun, you get in the air and give us any and all support you can. Osiris, you get the vehicles ready for drop. The rest of you, on me.”

“Sir yes sir!” They called out.

Sarge lead them to the drop pod deck. “Ready up, we need to be deployed in five.”

Sarge grabbed his shotgun and set it in the pod beside his magnum. Alex did the same with his Assault Rifle and Magnum. Sarge grabbed his helmet, Alex grabbed frag grenades. The others did the same, Bek laid her shotgun in her pod. Phoenix strapped his SMG in his. Fauz leaned his up against the seat, then sat down and sharpened his knife.

“Alright, everyone. Let’s go.” Moth walked up to the control console. The team moved into their drop pods. “You all have a good trip.” He motioned the switch and shut the doors. Then reached over and ejected the drop pods.

The drop begun.

Sarge opened up a private comm network with the others, “Alright, we should reach the surface in 10 minutes. The impact is going to be rough, Reach’s gravity field is stronger than what we’re used to. As soon as we’re on the ground, we need to head towards New Alexandria. There we need to help repel any Covenant we can.” Sarge took a moment to himself to clear his throat for this mission debrief, “Doc, Gregor, and Destroyer will meet up with us on the way there. Cajun will provide any air support we need. Any questions?”

Paladin spoke up, “What about Osiris? He’s not coming?”

“I forgot to mention that part.” Sarge felt stupid for that, “Osiris will deploy our vehicles, if needed. As well as he has controls over the Archer missiles, just in case if any Covenant corvettes decide to get involved.”

Phoenix replied, “That helps. As long as we don’t run into any of those jammers.”

The pods solely flew through the atmosphere, Fauz’s pod drove straight through a banshee. “Well that’s one down...”

“Glad to hear you can still joke at a time like this, soldier.” Alex told Fauz.

The pods made contact with the ground.

“Everyone, out in three.” Sarge started the countdown. “Two...” The door’s air pressure sizzled. “One...” All the drop pod door’s flew off.

“We’re clear here, no contact’s as of yet.” Phoenix scanned the area.

“Sir, we need to get moving to New Alexandria.” Alex walked up to him. “I’ll contact Osiris to see how things are.”

Alex walked away.

“Alright, everyone on me.” Team Lord moved into a spread position and headed over the hill.

“Sir, I got intel from Osiris.” Alex sped up to Sarge. “We have three Corvettes headed towards New Alexandria, and Two Cruisers moving in on our position. Warlord is going to engage the two cruisers, but the Corvettes are far out of range and the area is too hot for Warlord to make an entrance to engage. We’ll need to clear the skies if we want any help over there.”

“Alright, let’s go” Sarge continued up the hill of this land. It had an eerie look to it, an ugly green with civilian houses... Sarge pried himself away from the thought about the details. He noticed Archangel was stopped up on the hill.

“What is it, soldier?” Sarge walked up and asked. Except he didn’t need a response, Covenant Spirits were everywhere. They dropped off this species Sarge hasn’t seen before. Some sort of jackal, but it’s not a jackal.

“Prepare for engagement. Any and all activity here is gone.” Alex locked his gun on an elite. “Let’s go.”

They engaged.

“All ODST’s, engage the cannon fodder that’s on the right. Spartans, you take out the leader’s on the left. Air Assault, take out the hunters. And if possible, disable those Spirit’s weapons.” Sarge barked orders from left to right.

The entire area was a hot fire zone. Fauz stabbed a jackal in the eye’s with his combat knife. Took it to the ground, and dragged it through the skull. “Overkill.”

Architect and Phoenix were engaging three hunters. Phoenix jet packed over one of them and planted a grenade in its back. One down. Architect ran up to the hunter, which swung at him. He thruster packed backwards, then ran up and jet packed over the hunter, he shot the back until the orange was red. They both then engaged the last hunter. That was all three.

Biggles and Jack double teamed a Brute Captain. Jack distracted, Biggles took the kill. Bek and Archangel took on an Elite General. Easy kill. Alex was on the move: Left, Right, Left, Left, Right. He dodged every one of the Elite Zealot’s swings. He grabbed Bek’s shotgun and fired. One shot. Shields dropped. Two shots. The elite was down. He handed the shotgun back to Bek.

“Area’s clear.” Paladin called out.

A hum was quiet in the background, “What’s that noise?” Sarge looked up. Too late. A banshee bomb was headed straight at him, he jumped out of the way. Too late. Sarge was thrown against the wall.

He got up and engaged the banshee, it swung around and fired another. Then exploded. He dodged again. Too late, again. He was propelled towards at a tree. He watched the five of them walk in his direction.

"Sarge? Sarge, are you alright?" Bek called out.

Sarge raised himself off the ground and threw himself back on his feet. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Damn banshee would’ve almost had me if it weren't for these Spartans."

The team turned around. There stood a team of Spartans, ready at the go.

The first one approached them, "We're under direct orders to clear this area. You need to leave. Now." The other four separated and swept the area for any remaining hostiles.

"And who are you?" Sarge questioned the Spartan.

The comm's broke in, "Team Lord, we need you to leave the vicinity, now. ONI has a Spartan team inbound to clear the area and locate transportation to ONI Sword Base. You need to leave. Now." The comm went offline.

Sarge looked up, the blue Spartan was gone.

“Let’s go. Everyone, we need to leave. Now!” He sprinted Northeast. In the direction of New Alexandria.

“Who were those Spartans?” Paladin asked.

“Looked like Noble Team.” Alex answered. “But I don’t know why they’re so far out here. Something must’ve happened at that ONI Relay Outpost.”

Sarge looked up at the giant dish that sat on a mountain side.

He noticed something to the right of it.

Two Covenant Cruisers were inbound, ready to glass the area.

~End Chapter 15~

~Chapter 16: Glass~

“What’s that giant sphere under the ship charging up?” Destroyer asked.

“What giant...” Archangel began. “Oh god, we need to get out of here! They’ve already started glassing the planet.”

Alex turned around from his conversation with Sarge and Paladin, “I say we head East of here. Establish a comms link with Osiris, and get those Cruisers away from us. They’re too close and any second now they’ll send in Spirit’s and Phantom’s to scout the area.”

Sarge stood up and moved over next to Alex, “He’s right. We need to leave here and head East towards New Alexandria. There we will repel Covenant attacks, as well as rescue any and all Civilians we can and get them to the UNSC Warlord.” He made eye contact with everyone before he continued, “Ready up.”

“Osiris, how much longer do we have?” Sarge got on the Comms.

No response.

“Osiris?” Sarge tried again.

Nothing.

Wait, a faint signal broke in. It was barely understandable.

“S... o... th... onds... eav...” The signal came in.

“Repeat again?” Alex took liberty of the Comm’s while Sarge scanned the sky.

“Oh my... We need to leave. Now! No questions, sprint as fast as you can East!” Sarge took off.

Ten...

Nine...

Eight...

Seven...

Six...

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

The Cruiser’s opened up the glass raids.

“Damn, I feel third-degree burns all over my skin!” Paladin screamed in pain.

The noise stopped, and the heat slowly breezed away.

“What just happened?” Archangel pulled out his binoculars.

One of the Cruiser’s was on fire and headed towards the surface of Reach.

“Oh, that explains it. We need to keep moving forward.” Archangel put his binoculars away.

“What took out the Cruiser’s, Archangel?” Sarge questioned him before he continued forward to New Alexandria.

“Archer Missiles. By the looks of it, a lot of them. Could be Osiris. Not for sure. The Cruiser is engaged in the

atmosphere with whatever took out the other ship.” Archangel headed East.

Sarge looked at Alex and shrug. They both walked with the group Eastward towards New Alexandria. The trip continued.

~4 hours later~

Whish, Whish, Whish, Whish.

“What’s that sound?” Bek asked.

“What sound?” Phoenix stood still.

“Hey thought we could join ya.”

Team Lord turned around.

It was Doc, Gregor, and Destroyer.

“Glad you could make it. Any word on Cajun?” Sarge walked up to them.

“Yes, infact he’s above us.” Gregor smiled and cokced his head up.

There, hovered in the air. Was a Hawk. One of the most capable Air-to-Ground aircraft to ever be created. With

a side of badass. The gauss cannon charged up.

~End Chapter 16~

~Chapter 17-Part 1: New Alexandria~

Cajun fired the gauss.

Everyone watched as it shot right over their heads.

“What the hell Cajun? You need to get to explaining.” Archangel yelled.

Alex looked at Archangel, “You’re not in charge. You don’t get to question orders.”

“Sir, look.” Paladin motioned towards where the gauss was fired.

A stack of enormous crates and containers were revealed. The camouflage cloak just wore off on the last one.

“Sorry sir, should’ve warned you about the shot. Osiris told me to shoot at that location as soon as I made contact with you. No idea why, guess we’ll be finding out here soon.” Cajun flew over  towards the crates. He fired the machine guns at the locks.

The crates opened.

“Holy crap. They actually delivered!” Paladin exclaimed.

The following revealed was:

Two Standard Warthogs.

A Scorpion.

Two Gungoose.

A Transport Warthog.

“Alright, everyone get to your vehicles. All stragglers, hitch a ride. Paladin, get to your tank. Gregor and Dumby, go to your gungoose. Doc, to your transport warthog. Sarge and Destroyer, lets get the warthog’s going.” Alex hopped on the turret of Sarge’s Warlord engraved Warthog. “Let’s move out.”

They set for the destination. Sarge at the lead.

~12 hours later~

“Alright, we’re here.” Sarge stood up in his seat. A few of the buildings of New Alexandria were on fire. A corvette shot down a civilian transport. It crashed deep into sea. “If we don’t make it there any faster, those three corvettes in the sky are going to burn the city down. We need to get those civilians out of there and the skies clear.”

“Sir, Paladin isn’t with us.” Dumby commented.

Alex looked over his shoulder, “He’ll be with us later. His tanks slow, but he’ll be our pack of punch when we need

him.” Sarge drove towards the city.

“Good lord the skies are full of aircraft.” Archangel stated.

Cajun engaged against a banshee formation that came from the left.

“Everyone, engage at the front!” Sarge commanded.

The team split formation.

Sarge, Alex, and Biggles engaged a group of Elite Commanders.

Destroyer, Jack, and Phoenix engaged a couple Covenant Ghosts and Revenants.

Dumby and Architect teamed up with Gregor and Fauz engaged a group of cannon fodder.

Doc took everyone else in his transport warthog, and got out and engaged all the hunters.

~Sarge~

“Come on Alex and Biggles, work together!’ Sarge power slided away from a fuel rod.

Alex told Biggles, “I’ll take down the shields. You finish them.”

Biggles nodded in agreement.

Alex shot down the shields of two of the Elite Officers, then engaged the Generals.

Biggles shot everyone of them in the head as soon as their shields dropped.

The Elite’s were done.

~Doc~

“Bek, cover me!” Doc ran up in front of the hunter. The hunter swung at him, Doc jumped out of the way. His

back exposed to Bek.

Bek opened fire on the hunter’s back, it turned around and faced her.

Doc pulled out his magnum and shot the hunter in the back.

The hunter went down.

“Good work, let’s get back to everyone else.”

~Cajun~

“Hahaha! I love killing these things. It’s so much fun!” Cajun shot the banshee in the right wing.

The right wing broke off, the banshee was going down in a downright position.

Cajun quickly shot off the left wing.

The banshee regained control and flew up towards Cajun.

Cajun fired the gauss through the face of the banshee.

It exploded.

“No kill is as good as overkill.” Cajun returned to help Team Lord.

~Destroyer~

Destroyer had a tough time with all these vehicles. The ghosts were done with, it was just the Revenants that were such a hard time.

“Don’t worry, Destroyer. I got you back.” Cajun took out the Revenants without hesitation.

“Thanks, I thought these vehicles were going to be a tough ride for us.” Jack responded.

“Uh, we have a Wraith headed straight at us. Any assistance, please?” It was Architect.

“Sure, headed that way now.” They responded.

~Gregor and Dumby~

“Man, I love these SMG mounts. Their amazing.” Dumby just sprayed through a group of grunts, Architect took out the jackals with a pair of SMG’s as well.

“No kidding, I wish the war was this easy.” Gregor plowed over a skirmisher. Fauz shoved a frag grenade into the hands of an Elite Minor. He screamed then blew up. His corpse went everywhere.

“Oh crap.” Dumby slammed on the gas. With luck, he evaded the mortar.

“Don’t worry, I’m on my way.” Cajun came in.

“Well you better hurry, this one’s not going to give up!” Architect broke in.

Cajun and the Wraith were at a standoff.

The Wraith fired, Cajun thrusted backwards. He shot off the left clamp.

The driver of the Wraith was unendingly stressed. It opened up it’s plasma cannon and began to fire, then proceeded to shoot its mortars.

Cajun evaded everything.

“I’m done playing around.” Cajun pushed two switches.

The Hawk pulled out a Spartan Laser cannon.

He pulled the trigger.

The blue beam of the laser shredded through the Wraith, it caused a massive explosion.

“Oh man, I could see that explosion all the way from here! Bahahaha.” Osiris opened up the Comms.

“Osiris. Any intel for us?” Sarge asked.

“Noble Team has one of their members, Noble Six on the ground. Noble Six will be taking out the Corvettes with the AA cannons. You guys will need to get to the civilian transports and safely evacuate them. By the time you get there, Paladin should be caught up and deliver the final round.”

“Roger that, Team Lord out.” Sarge took off the Comm’s.

~End of Chapter 17: Part 1~

~Chapter 17-Part 2: Quandary~

“Alright. First things first. We need to get through that city and push through until we reach beach side. This situation is going to be tricky, but we’re going to need to do what we have to to get this job done. Is that clear?” Sarge looked at everyone, while he waited on the response. He decided on who was to do what.

“Yes sir!” The team responded in sync.

“Now, here’s the plan. Gregor and Dumby will take their gungoose and assault any infantry we come across. Destroyer and I will take on any vehicles and infantry we come across, so long as it’s not a Scarab. Nut, you will take everyone in your warthog and follow back behind us. Suppress fire, kill any surviving infantry you see, and call out targets. Cajun, provided support wherever you can. Alright, lets move out!” Sarge pushed forward. Everyone followed the plan.

“Hey Gregor, lets have some fun.” Dumby looked over at him.

“Sure will. You up for it Architect and Fauz?” Gregor asked.

“Yes, I want to feel like a badass right now.” Architect smiled. Though, his helmet blocked it from anyone’s notice.

“Aigh’, whatever it takes to make me feel good, mate.” Fauz loaded his DMR.

Dumby floored it, gun’s blazing. He rounded around a group of grunts and an elite. Architect jumped and did flips through the air. His arms covered his face. As he drew near the elite, he opened up his arms and slammed the knife in the elite’s head. He landed on the other side of it. “Now that’s an entrance.” Architect walked over to the water fountain and got a drink. Fauz sniped each and everyone of the grunt’s headed over to engage Architect. “And like that, we have the punch line.”

Sarge engaged the wraith. “Gosh damn it. I hate killing these things, especially in a warthog.” He power slided around, just in time to avoid the Wraith’s mortar. “Biggles, can you take out that gunner, please?” Sarge power slided around again, just in time as well.

“Sure thing, Sarge.” Biggles cocked his battle rifle. One, two, three. The elite still sat there and fired. “Hmmm...” Biggles fired again. First bullet. Second bullet. The elite’s shields dropped. Biggles watched closely. The third bullet, straight in the head. The gunner slumped over dead.

“Thanks Biggles, appreciate it.” Alex called over to him.

The Wraith started to boost at them, fired mortars whenever it could. “Gosh damn, this things kamikaze.” Sarge dodged it left and right.

A high pitched screech ran over Alex, Sarge, and Biggles head. The wraith collapsed and exploded. “Roger that, all enemy Wraith’s are down. Cajun ready to assist on your mark.” Cajun just hovered there in the air. A grunt charged his plasma pistol and pointed it at him. Two seconds later, his methane tank flew into a hunter, which exploded and killed the hunter.

“All targets neutralized.” Cajun went over to hover above the team as they regrouped.

“Alright, lets go.” They pushed forward.

The streets of New Alexandria were quite, ominously. Every now and then they’d come across a group of grunts or a couple elite’s. Brute’s were seen individually, but no hunter’s, jackals, or skirmishers were in sight.

“Alright guy’s, there it is.” The team curved around the a hoop. There was two wraith’s up ahead. Cajun wasn’t there to support either, he was busy engaging banshee’s and phantom’s that were moving towards the rest of team lord. “We have to do it, you all know that.” The team was ready.

“Let’s go.” All the warthog’s went, except Doc’s. He sat back and waited until the area was clear. Destroyer and Sarge drove over and engaged a Wraith. Right as they got there, it exploded. They went over to the other Wraith, it exploded too. “What the hell?” Sarge looked around. There it was.

Two falcon’s drove by. One side had a total of two turrets engaged at any infantry or vehicles. The other side took down any banshee’s and phantoms that engaged them.

“Well, that was luck. Anyways, let’s move. I can see the area, it’s right over that bridge.” They took off towards the bridge. Full speed, the civilian transport ships were just in site. Loud noises of covenant vehicles came from behind.

“Sarge, we have Revenants and Ghost’s moving on our position from behind. I count about five revenants and seven ghosts. Should we engage?” Phoenix was concerned.

“Hold on, I got this.” Dumby reached into his supply carrier and pulled out a blue orb and handed it to Architect. “Deploy this and throw it right as you do.”

Architect took the orb and deployed it. A large blue pulse surrounded it as it flew through the air. It landed in the middle of all the covenant vehicles. They all stopped and fell to the ground. “What the hell did I just throw?”

“A power drain. It kills power in anything that has it. It can even be used to deplete shields on an elite, very helpful at ammo conservation if you ask me. Plus it explodes when it’s done, strong enough to flip a warthog.” Dumby explained to Architect.

“And you’re just now using this?” Architect felt a rush of anger.

“I only grabbed one, didn’t think it was going to be this bad.” Dumby said.

“We’re in a Winter Contingency! Why would you just grab one?” Architect broke control of his anger.

“Because I’d rather use them in dire situations, than just against a Wraith?” Dumby torted at him.

“Oh, so you’d rather throw it at vehicles we can destroy, but not at vehicles that could kill us and we couldn’t destroy? May I remind you that we could have all been killed from those Wraith’s? It only takes one shot, and even then it doesn’t have to be direct contact. These things will be at it for a while.” Architect was done.

“I guess you’re right. My bad.” Dumby said, just as they got to the other side of the bridge.

The sound of engines boomed next to them, they all looked towards it. A civilian transport ship was ready to take off. The ship moved slowly out of the bay, and towards the beach to take off.

“What are they doing!? Who ordered them to leave?!” A voice yelled.

Team Lord looked over in the direction where it came from. There was a spartan right outside the door.

Wait, that wasn’t just any spartan. That was Commander Moth. What was he doing here?

~End of Chapter 17-Part 2~

~Chapter 17-Part 3: All is Lost~

“Team Lord, glad you could make it!” The spartan shouted.

“Uh, who are you, may I ask?” Sarge walked up to the unnamed spartan. “Oh, my sincere apologize Commander Moth. I didn’t realize it was you...”

“No need for that. I need you in here! We have things that need to be done, and need to be done quick!” Moth looked up in the distance. “Why is that transport leaving? Who gave an order?”

Moth took off inside. “I guess we better get inside as well.” Sarge walked inside the building. Team Lord walked in a straight line behind him. Starting with Alex, Bek, etc.

“Hotel-Whiskey 314, do you mind telling me what you’re doing leaving with that ship!?” Moth was angrier than ever. “You were under a direct order not to leave until Noble Six got those Anti-Air weapons online!”

Hotel-Whiskey 314 responded back briefly, “We’re getting the hell out of here. Screw the evac!” The thrusters kicked on a few seconds later.

“I swear to god those three will be court martialed when I get out of here.” Moth slammed his fist as hard as he could on a table. The legs crushed and the table fell apart on itself. It looked like what would happen when you

match a Scorpion versus a mongoose.

An explosion went off outside, it shook the entire building. Alex walked over to the window. “Commander.”

“Yes?” Moth replied.

“That evac ship that just started to take off, it’s crashing in the bay right now. Corvette got it.” Alex just stared vigilantly out the window.

Moth was enraged, “God damn it! I told him not to leave until the area is clear.” Moth walked over to the other side of the room.

“Civilian transport 7 Echo 3 to Warlord Actual. My engines are hot. Waiting for your go.”

“Copy that 7 Echo 3. Fox Actual is on the beach. Spartan’s going to clear the skies.” Moth replied back.

“Commander! The covies are almost through my door!”

Duvall came in on the conversation, “Steady Echo 3, that Corvette is still up there!”

“That’s it! They’ve breached the landing bay!”

The AA batteries activated. They both turned at a 78 degree angle. Aimed at the Corvette ship right above the city.

Duvall was over the radio again, “It’s now or never, Spartan!”

The AA guns were online and fired. Six rockets were launched in the air.

“C’mon. Hit it. Hit it...” Dumby mumbled to himself. Biggles heard him, but decided not to say anything, he only agreed in his thoughts.

The Corvette was on the move, slowly but it was about to gain speed.

Five of the rockets hit the face of the Corvette. A drastic explosion shook the building Team Lord was in. It was the Corvette, lit up in flames headed down towards the crash in the sea.

“Civilian Transports, you are cleared for departure.” Moth was calm, a hint of happiness was in his voice. Not much.

A loud pound was heard in the background. Doors were torn off and metal was being scraped.

“What. What was that?” Destroyer acted as if he was the only one who heard it.

“Whatever it is, we need to go deal with it and get out of here.” Moth was pumped as ever.

"Sarge, take point. I'll cover the exit. Archangel, you flank the right. Bek, hold this position." Moth barked loud and clear. The sound of gauss and banshee's could be heard outside.

"Paladin, how much longer before you get here?" Sarge opened his comms. He turned the corner and engaged two grunts. "Now now, controlled bursts Sergeant." He told himself.

"Sarge, you there yet?" Moth broke in. He had his scope steadied on a brute chieftain. He fired the sniper rifle. Headshot.

"Almost, just a little more... Oh no. This can't be happening." Sarge face turned to horror.

"Spit it out, Sergeant." Moth dropped his magazine and clicked in a fresh one.

"We've got ourselves three corvettes and a supercarrier out in the distance." Sarge relied.

"May god have mercy..." Moth broke off.

“Moth, you still there?” Sarge was worried. Did something happen to him?

“Yeah, there’s an Elite. Could use some help. Nothing bad yet. Damn Covie won’t back off.” Moth sounded grudged.

“On our way, Commander.” Sarge replied.

“Alex, do you think you could meet up with us? Need your help.” Sarge ordered.

“Give me a second. On my way.”  Alex broke out of the room and hurried as fast as he could. He turned left. Wrong room. The door sealed behind him.

There was someone else in the room, he could feel it. He could make an outline of a figure in the corner.

"Hmmm... Again, we meet." The ghastly figure uttered out of the dark lighted room.

"Who are you? You sound familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" Spartan II-Alex was intimidated by this, this thing. Who was he? The voice was as if...

"We've already met." The ghastly figure walked forward. Alex noticed something in his hand.

An energy sword knuckle.

"Lan Chorus..." Alex was in complete shock.

At that moment, Phoenix ran in the room. "Alex, Sarge needs you out front right now!" He stopped. "Alex, what's going on?"

Lan smiled and lunged forward.

"Phoenix! No!" Alex screamed.

Lan moved at an incredible speed. His fist hit Phoenix in the skull at such an incredible rate it knocked him out cold.

“You’ll pay for that!” Alex grabbed an energy sword knuckle, activated it and rushed at Lan.

Blocked.

Lan just stood there and smiled. “Hehe. You’re not going to win this time, boy.” He kicked Alex in the chest.

Alex held his ground, he lunged again with the sword, he had so much anger in him he felt like he could punch out a wall.

Blocked, again.

Alex was at such a high level of tolerance, he was absolutely done. Rage took him over.

He swung fast and furious, the hits knocked back Lan Chorus. But did nothing, he blocked everything.

Lan just stood there and smiled and laughed. “You’re going to lose boy.”

Sarge came in from behind Lan Chorus. Shotgun on him, aimed at the back of his head.

Slice.

Sarge collapsed.

“Sarge?” Alex looked over at him. He gasped in horror. An energy dagger was stuck in his neck. It was then withdrawn. The user uncloaked itself. It was an Elite Zealot.

“Commander, we must go. The Arbiter needs you back on board.” The Zealot eyed Alex.

“I’ll be back for you later.” Lan rushed Alex and knocked him backwards into the wall, the impact immobilized him for a few seconds with shock. Lan left with the Zealot.

Jack and Biggles walked into the room, “We came as soon as we heard. How can...” They broke off after they saw Sarge. “No. No it can’t be.”

Doc ran into the room, he fired two shots from his magnum behind him. “We’re ready to go guys. Bek just gave an all clear...” Tears began to roll down his eyes. “No. No it can’t be.” Doc bursted into tears. “Those two shots from my magnum, they must have been a coincidence from when I first met Sarge... I’m already remembering all of our memories...” Doc collapsed on the floor in tears. He couldn’t gain control, he felt like everything he had was lost. “I can’t do this. Out of all of you, I cared about him the most. He was always there with me to cover my back.” He sobbed some more. Now he was on the floor, arms over each other. All he could do was moan.

Architect approached Doc, “Doc, we need to go. We can’t stay here.” He laid his hand on his shoulder.

“No! I won’t go! Not without Sarge with us!” Doc broke into a rage of sadness. As quick as lightning, he pulled the magnum from his belt and fired it between Architects eyes. He was dead.

The team just backed up. Doc was back on his arms, magnum in his belt. “We need to go. Leave him here.” The team left the room.

“Fauz and Gregor. You to take point. Moth is waiting for us.” Alex ordered, though there was a hint of sorrow in him. He closed the door to Sarge and Architect’s bodies. He then sealed it shut, afraid Doc would come after them.

“About time! Where’s the other three? Nevermind, doesn’t matter. We have a problem.” Moth pointed over in the field. Two Scarabs were headed right at them along with four wraiths, an anti-air wraith, and about eight ghosts. “Now would be a good time for your friends.”

The team took a defensive position. Phantoms and Spirits were headed onto the field. Both Scarab’s stopped, they were charging their weapons. The first one fired, completely missed. The second one fired, with the utmost luck, Phoenix jumped off the gauss turret fast enough as it exploded.

There was three wraiths down and all of the ghosts were eliminated. Only two Scarabs, one wraith and one anti-air wraith were headed at them. The phantoms were engaged on the left wing against Moth, Bek, Fauz, Gregor, Alex, and Archangel.

“Really could use some help”, Alex said.

“BAHAHAHAHAHA” Someone screamed over the COMS.

“OUCH! My ears!” Jack covered them. “Destroyer, stop it!”

“Wasn’t me.” Destroyer stared at him.

Biggles noticed a light shined in the background.

Now it didn’t, because it was in the hull of first Scarab. Which was now collapsed and about to explode. It did.

Biggles must have been hallucinating, because it happened out all at once and so fast.

“Get up. Get up.” Someone was going through trouble to lift him. It was Cajun.

“Cajun. Why are you here?” Alex walked over.

“Oh, I’m here to evac you then go for the other two.” Cajun replied.

“Other two? What do you mea-” Moth looked over, there was a Scorpion engaged with the ground vehicles and phantoms and spirits. “Paladin?” He looked at the Scarab, which was awkwardly not in motion. Someone was on board doing one hell of a job with his knife. “Who’s that?”

Cajun assisted the others onto the Pelican. “That’s Zen. He’s crazy, but ONI said it was necessary to drop him on there. Now lets go!” Cajun floored the Pelican over to Paladin, he waited on the side of his tank. He jumped in. Cajun then flew over to pick up Zen.

Wasn’t noticeable at first, but a cloaked figure hopped on board. It then uncloaked as the hatch closed, it was Zen. He sat over in a seat, he had a great bright smile on his face and couldn’t stop the shake in his legs.

“At least someone had a good time...” Muttered Dumby.

“UNSC Warlord, this is Team Lord, inbound for boarding, roger.” Cajun prepped the pelican.

“Eh, no.” They replied.

“Open the doors, Osiris.” Phoenix felt like Cajun rolled his eyes when he muttered that.

“I guess. I’ll take off the Archer missiles... Was going to have fun with you all. Heheh.”

They boarded the Pelican. The door sealed behind them. The ship prepared for a jump.

“We’re jumping, now?” Alex questioned Moth.

Moth looked over at him, “Yes, and that’s why.” He pointed out the window. Three Covenant Cruisers glassed the area they just were at.

Alex just stood there.

The ship jumped.

~End of Chapter 17 Part 3~

~Epilogue~

A loud sound came from the engine room. Destroyer was alone. Everyone else was in the mess hall. The sound came again. This time it was louder. Destroyer quietly walked his way over to the engine room. He looked behind him, afraid he was being watched. Nothing. He put in his authorization code. Denied.

Destroyer felt for the authorization key he grabbed from Sarge’s body. He slid it into the slot. Accepted. The door slowly slid open. Each inch it opened, Destroyer felt his skin get hotter and hotter. Finally, the door slid open at an incredible speed. Destroyer entered the room. The door slid shut and locked behind him. He noticed something about the door. The door panel was damaged, he couldn’t get out that way. In search for the noise, he went into the room where the engines were stored. There it was.

The slipspace drive was seared in flames and the wires were scorched around it. Destroyer ran over to the control panels for the engines. He applied the extinguishers and everything he could to put out the flames. It worked. The slipspace was still at work and ran fine. Destroyer went to exit the room.

No. There was no way to get out from the inside, he was stuck in this room. He would have to radio Moth or Alex if he wanted out. Destroyer went over to the radio console. It was damaged, he couldn’t reach anyone. Why out of everything did I forget my ODST suit at a time like this? Destroyer thought to himself.

Just then he remembered. He had a small stress beacon. Would it work in Slipspace? He could try to communicate to the others with it. He turned it on. Was this some sort of coincidence? The Slipspace Drive fell off the platform and crashed through the bottom of the ship, it left a massive hole. Destroyer just gaped as the Slipspace Drive fell into the ships shields. It knocked the shields offline.

Destroyer quickly activated went to activated his stress beacon. He pulled it out and pressed the button. The signal was sent. He turned around.

He walked right into an Energy Sword.

He collapsed.

His last moments were of him being drug over to the railing. The Elite was cloaked, all he could see was the energy sword.

“You’re ships end is here.” The elite said as he threw Destroyer at the massive pit.

~The End of Book 1~

Credits:

Nut/Doc- Unease P34nut

Sarge- Yoshi1176

Dumby- The Dumb Marine

Biggles- Mr Biggles

Osiris Pendren- Vaulting♥Frog

Paladin- Ledgend1221

Jack of Harts- Jack of Harts

Destroyer- Caboose the Ace

Architect- HaloGeek

Cajun- Dexter Grif

Phoenix- Yang Xiao Long

Archangel- The Festive Follower

Alex- Blake Belladonna

Moth- Mothman

Bek- Maggie

Fauz- iSparky

Zen- TheSilverCenturion

Gregor- Connor Kenway

After Credits...

Alex sat in his bunker, all by himself. It was lonely. He looked over at where Sarge's bed was. It was empty and in the same condition as he got up that same morning before they left for the mission. Sarge's shotgun was placed up on the wall, neatly. The blood stains were left on it from his very last moment. Alex started to tear up, he let them flow down his cheeks, follow his arteries on his neck, and soak up in his shirt. "You will be remembered, Sarge." Alex just sat there for a few minutes. Nothing I could do about it, he thought. It was so unexpected. I just, I don't know anymore. That moment, it hit him. What he told Team Lord when he first joined the team. There wasn't very much of them at the time. Less than ten, that's for sure. This thought though, of what he remembered he told Team Lord. “Don't worry, I will do whatever it takes that you all live and the mission is finished." Alex stood up and grabbed Sarge's shotgun. He was in command now.

• Like 6

Probably about time to update Bek's armor. o_o 

Book 2 will have another sign up sheet, and it will be completely different then Book 1's. Everyone can change what type of soldier they are, or if they want to stay the same in the series, that will be fine as well. Users also get to have a very wide assortment of traits to customize. Details are up to the user. Everything on the sheet will be used in the second book. Unlike I really didn't get everything involved in this one... I saw my flaws, and I'm going to use those to help out Book 2. You're decision on what you're character does. 

Trust me, you're going to love it. :)

• Like 2

Book 2 will have another sign up sheet, and it will be completely different then Book 1's. Everyone can change what type of soldier they are, or if they want to stay the same in the series, that will be fine as well. Users also get to have a very wide assortment of traits to customize. Details are up to the user. Everything on the sheet will be used in the second book. Unlike I really didn't get everything involved in this one... I saw my flaws, and I'm going to use those to help out Book 2. You're decision on what you're character does. 

Trust me, you're going to love it. :)

Wow. :3 That's awesome. xD So, When is the Book 2?

Wow. :3 That's awesome. xD So, When is the Book 2?

Book 2 won't be started until February at least. I have other small projects I want to work on as well during that time. Until then, you will just have to wonder what's going to happen next in the trilogy. I'm not going to spoil anything that's going to happen, so you don't have to worry about that. 

That said, the sign up sheet will be out around Christmas. That way I can get you guy's setup and that will also give time to see if any other forumers would care to join this series. Unlike me having to add in late-comers last series. I don't like doing that. But it's helpful sometimes, like Gregor's introduction. I like the introduction chapter I made for him. 

If you want, I can personally PM those of you interested in the next book sign up sheet... Just let me know!

• Like 1