YOUR LAG

road dawgs

For real 343 i cant stand the lag goin down on halo 4 matchmaking heavies. i know its not me. i pay out the wazoo for inet and have no issues on any othe game. if you truely believe its not you then you need to find the people doing this if you want any chance of me purchasing halo 5 or sticking up for the halo brand with everyone switching to destiny. get to it please

I assume you're playing Halo 4 on the X360 rather than the X1? If so, the problem isn't actually with either your internet or Halo 4 itself: the issue is with the game's population. Halo 4 has always been one of the less popular Halo games, and so there have always been some issues with getting a good connection. However, it's now two years post-release, and since the MCC is out, the number of people playing is really low.

Basically, when you've got a population of 25000, 5000, or even 1000 people in a playlist, there's enough people searching for a game that you'll probably be able to get into a lobby where everyone has a compatible connection. However, when a playlist is down to very low numbers of people, as with most of Halo 4's current ones, the number of players you can connect to drops drastically and so the only way to actually make sure that you're getting enough people to fill a lobby to the point where you can actually start a game is to add players who are so far away or whose connections are so poor that normally, you wouldn't be put into a game with them.

Sadly, there isn't actually anything that anyone can do about this, unless a lot more people suddenly decide to start playing not only the correct console version of Halo 4, but also the relevant playlist - and since a lot of players tend to actively avoid low-population playlists outright, it's a self-reinforcing issue. Basically, the best thing you could do would be to play a game, save the map and gametype, and then invite a few people who you know you'll have a good connection with to a custom game lobby.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really know anything about Lag, but what I do know is that it has to do with how good the ping is for the players in your game. So im guessing its either you got matched with people on the southern tip of Africa, or you just have a neighbor thats tapped into your wifi & is downloading 286gb of stuff from Pirate Bay.

• Like 1

or you just have a neighbor thats tapped into your wifi & is downloading 286gb of stuff from Pirate Bay.

SHHHHH!  Why'd you go and rat me out!  Actually it has less to do with ping, and more about the way the Azure service works in conjunction with the new Live versions.  By default, Live will utilize YOUR unused bandwidth or part of your used bandwidth to assist others in your lobby and match.  Basically, it's like taking the collective bandwidth resources available (cloud type service), and distributing them across the collective.  So yes, if someone has a horrible connection and has like a normal 1200 ping, your own resources for matchmaking will be cut by like 25% (just throwin out numbers) and given to the bad connection people.

End result either way, is that this is not a very good way to do matchmaking.  Your own resources should never be tapped to assist others with their bandwidth issues.  If anything, matchmaking should be limited and grouped.  meaning, that people with 72-200 ping should be grouped, 201-500 and so on.  No one should have to suffer performance wise because others can't reliably provide their own bandwidth.

I dont really know anything about Lag, but what I do know is that it has to do with how good the ping is for the players in your game. So im guessing its either you got matched with people on the southern tip of Africa, or you just have a neighbor thats tapped into your wifi & is downloading 286gb of stuff from Pirate Bay.

The Pirate Bay is aliiiiveee and it's now back stronger than ever! :bow:

They are trying their best to fix their end.

But be patient, don't forsake Halo because of MCC's rough launch.

And Halo 5 isn't out for another year, that's plenty of time to tune and polish things.

That was exactly what I told them many times but they are not listening.Deaf haters.Whatever 343 Industries do they will hate on :)

• Like 1

This game sucks. Kill trades galore

You call this a preordered game. This game is incomplete. A game with zero patches beta tested and accruals works. That's how a game should be. A few bugs. I've had this since release and probably been only able to play it 10 times. Last game perfection. The most recent zero kills and kill traded tons. Really bad netcode Overall a really bad job big I could get my money back I would. 343. You are and embarreswnt just like dice was. Shame on you calling this a complete game. Never will. Preorder a game agaon

Ok, still not 343 here buddy.  Second, what did you really expect from a collection games that were compiled and designed on x64 architecture?  Did you think emulating a 64 bit signed and written game for a console would run flawlessly on on an x86 console?!?  Your lucky they were even able to manage to get it to run properly let alone outfitting it with tons of extras.  I get the frustration, but name one other company that has ever released a game that spans 5 titles, and placing each said title onto one disc, running it's original engine untouched?