Today is December 9th, 2014, and that means the release of Destiny's first DLC! The Dark Below is now out and for sale on Xbox and Sony consoles. I will be posting more info late, but I wanted to just post a reminder for all of you out there with Destiny!

The Dark Below marks the first of what is expected to be multiple expansions for Destiny. It is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. More details of the expansion, which includes new story missions, can be found below.

• New weapons, armour, and gear to further customise your Guardian.
  •  
  • The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots.
  •  
  • Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron.
  •  
  • New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome.
  •  
  • An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission.
  •  
  • And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark.

Players are just starting to make run-through videos of this DLC and such. And one of the perks of this new DLC include the new Sparrow Below

258yzr9.jpg 

Eris - may as well be a cardboard cutout, she has no character, does nothing of worth, and you really don't know if YOU did anything of worth. Nobody reacts to the deeds you do :/

More materials have been added, which, like anything else in Destiny, acts to lengthen the endgame.

Old exotics now have to be re-upgraded. Once again, you no longer have a choice in customizing your guardian; max level gear only comes from one exotic and the rest must be raid gear.

Things in the Vanilla game such as the Weekly and Nightfall cannot be played for the week because it's the WIll of Crota strike. This doesn't affect me, but it's not a good decision to restrict something in the base game to people who buy DLC - because that isn't part of DLC.

The Raid is much harder apart from the first bit, which you can complete without firing a single shot if you're a good team. Bridge now requires EVERY player to not be trash - so try as I like to ignore it, I have the urge to boot people for doing bad. It's not more important than EVER to listen to people who know what to do because the concepts and requirements rely on every single player. But that part if easily the highlight of the raid - which is really short compared to VoG.

And then there's Deathsinger (Edit: My bad), which is a fight dictated by RNGesus. And you don't get rewards for it despite it being an full blown checkpoint. :<

Nonetheless, the Raid is very enjoyable to blast through provided your aren't being dragged down by your team. A group of players who can hold their own will perform miracles in Destiny; this is still the case.

Its ok for DLC.

But it really doesn't expand anything lol; we're still doing the same things over and over. just...more.

Edited by Cerulean
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...