Xbox One Help

Rue

Short Version: Skip to the bold red at the bottom.

Long Version: Skip to the "Hey guys! I haven't posted a… Yada yada yada."

Hey guys! I haven't posted a topic in the longest time… So it's kind of convenient that I'm having a problem right now. Ironic, I know. Anywho, here's the deal. I got this new Xbox One, right? The new CoD: Advanced Warfare bundle, ya? It looked so beautiful and I literally shed a few tears when I opened that package and saw it so neatly wrapped up with all that Xbox equipment. It was such a beautiful sight… Anyways, I get over my initial awe and open that bad boy completely up and set it on that spot next to my TV where my old Halo 4 Xbox sat, and I discover a few things. Well, only one thing, actually. I feel kind of stupid for not thinking of it before, but I was too excited!

So apparently the Xbox One is too fancy for regular TV and it has to be connected to a "High Definition" TV, like it's too cool or something. Whatever. Anyway, I realized that my TV isn't HD, but I really don't want to get rid of it because it's a nice TV, great size, and it was FREE!

BUT! But, but, but! I saw that my Direct TV cable box has an HDMI port on it, so could I connect my Xbox One to that instead of directly to the TV? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not that tech savvy...

I know this is kind of wordy for a simple question, but what can I say...

RED BOLD TEXT HERE THAT SAYS NOTHING IMPORTANT:

Does my Xbox One have to plugged directly into an HDMI port on the Television, or can I use my cable box? Or does it need to be plugged in at all?

Theoretically you should be able to connect through your cable box, however, it will probably not work. My suggestion would be to find the proper hdmi conversion cables to connect to your tv. On Amazon I might cost around $15 depending on what you need specifically. Post pictures and would be happy to help with the proper connections.