Fixes and Changes

When I first got this game the first thing I did was check the budget in halo 3 expecting it to have gone up by 30-70% only to see that it did not.

Draw distance is just a setting that can be increased I'm pretty sure the box 360 not even pushed to the limit running halo 3 at 30fps

So this could be a engine limitation to some degree even tho the halo 3 engine (that is literally what its called) is not all that old .

I don't believe the games were re-coded to run on 6 threads so maybe the xbox one cpu won't be able to handle this change. 

Considering H2a runs locked at 60fps and all the other games dip to 54 in very few places

I think this is more GPU heavy anyway so its worth a shot.

• Increase Draw distance
  • Increase forge budget I think putting it to like 5000 on every map would make sense even tho you may not have enough items to use up that amount I firmly believe we as players/forgers should stop building when the xbox one starts dropping frames not at a arbitrary budget stop. It would make more sense for us to have it just count up and then warn us when we go past the original budget amount   
  • Fix the lighting on sand trap and more importantly sandbox(the blocks look like they are really messed up and its really really ugly) I'm not sure if you guys fixed this already or not.
  • This is a video of a guy doing gold one gold 2 jump on xbox one
    how this jump is performed has been drastically effected people at first no longer thought it was possible. Maybe you guys wanna work with one of your pro players on tuning this.
  • The halo community is the absolute hardest to please and the most demanding and for the right reasons halo is the best game series to ever be made in human history we grew up with the best game experience possible we expect to settle for nothing less.

Xbox one sales have been beating PS4 sales for two weeks in a row thanks to bundles and Halo(mostly halo)

REMEMBER HALO SELLS XBOX NOT MICROSOFT WITHOUT HALO XBOX 360 AND XBOX ONE WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE  

I have a xbox one for mcc and NOTHING ELSE.

Thank you for your time.

First off, the engines are the limitations as far as Forge is concerned.  Increasing the hardware resources does nothing to effect budget.  it's all about how the engine was written to utilize said resources.  Second, as for CPU utilization, any application, game or addon has to be written to take advantage of said cup cores and threads.  A vast majority of applications even now, are written to take full advantage of multiple cores, or even hybrid APU usage.  The older engines may get a boost from the newer generation cpu architecture, but they will not utilize the multi-thread operations any better than what was used on the 360.  The only game that will get an advantage from the hardware is Halo 4. 

As for the Xbox sales, it's all BS.  Sony is still beating Microsoft in the console war.  There are more Playstation sales and more PS's in the home of families than there are Xbox.

Fixing lighting on older engines is not possible because the lightmaps are pre-compiled through the tool command compiler.  Even lightmaps in Halo 4 are pre-compiled except with halo 4, they utilized an additional per-pixel lightsource, to alter the lightmap to reflect forge changes.  Which is why certain objects in the game still retain their light look, like the bipeds.

What was the point of that gold jump video?  Explain that one please?

As for budgets...they exist for a reason.  The budgets are so that players don't go past a certain object rendering limit, which will cause sever lag and possibly crash the engine if abused.  There are many examples out there of people modifying forge limits, only to crash the map upon actual gameplay due to the amount of particles, effects, collision and rendering the engine does on the screen at one time.

Draw distances as you call it, or LOD are also capped for good reason. 

• Like 1

Man... I was going to add my two cents but now you just look like an FLOWER.

Anyways, I don't think Forge benefits the community of MCC. I believe it benefits people still on the 360 console but it's all about Halo Matchmaking now-a-days, so I believe continuation of updating Forge Mode is a waste of time.

Edited by Church
Language.

dude that guy replied like he couldn't read its sad we have people who can't read. 

forge will matter a lot more when the matchmaking hype dies down. I may have 50s in every playlist on halo 3 but I love my forge.

I didn't post here so some guy that thinks he knows more than me can FLOWER reply to me and add nothing to the thread its more about reaching out to 343i as i did with the button layout that they did fix a day or two after I made the thread.

I will keep making threads about fixes for the game to accelerate progress.

I'm not here to chit chat with people who think they know it all and really don't know FLOWER.

Edited by Church
Language.

I wasn't expecting this you just talking about the halo budget and fps and the main detail, so what other changes were a big deal that did not involve budgeting. Forge doesn't need a budget and what's the point in the g1-g2 jump almost everyone that played h3 on 360 would know about g1-g2 jump. And what were the fixes that didn't involve budgeting.

I wasn't expecting this you just talking about the halo budget and fps and the main detail, so what other changes were a big deal that did not involve budgeting. Forge doesn't need a budget and what's the point in the g1-g2 jump almost everyone that played h3 on 360 would know about g1-g2 jump. And what were the fixes that didn't involve budgeting.

Go do the g1-g2 jump then talk its different way different they should fix that its a lot harder now it makes s1-s2 look like a joke.

The lighting on sandbox/sandtrap makes it look like a xbox original game its awful and ugly as FLOWER.

Edited by Church
Language.

Obviously you are the one who can't read.  All I did was provide an explanation as to your comments in the OP.  Yes I do know a hell of a lot more than 99% of the community in terms of the games development and the respective engine versions abilities.  If there are specific things you want to know the answer too, I can gladly answer them for you.  But your already bad attitude just proves that you really do not care to expand your gaming knowledge with Halo.

Flaming me or attacking me is not the way to go about it.  Nor are we the official 343i site.  If you want to reach out to 343i directly, or attempt to, then head over to Halowaypoint.

Obviously you are the one who can't read.  All I did was provide an explanation as to your comments in the OP.  Yes I do know a hell of a lot more than 99% of the community in terms of the games development and the respective engine versions abilities.  If there are specific things you want to know the answer too, I can gladly answer them for you.  But your already bad attitude just proves that you really do not care to expand your gaming knowledge with Halo.

Flaming me or attacking me is not the way to go about it.  Nor are we the official 343i site.  If you want to reach out to 343i directly, or attempt to, then head over to Halowaypoint.

No if you could read you wouldn't of even replied as there was NOTHING FOR YOU TO SAY.

No explanation was needed because I ALREADY KNEW HOW IT WORKS  YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL EVER.

HOW MUCH CLEARER DO I HAVE TO MAKE IT HOW DOES THIS NOT MAKE YOU GET THE IDEA THAT I ALREADY UNDERSTAND?

Draw distance is just a setting that can be increased I'm pretty sure the box 360 not even pushed to the limit running halo 3 at 30fps

So this could be a engine limitation to some degree even tho the halo 3 engine (that is literally what its called) is not all that old .

I don't believe the games were re-coded to run on 6 threads so maybe the xbox one cpu won't be able to handle this change. 

Considering H2a runs locked at 60fps and all the other games dip to 54 in very few places