will chief die in halo 5

ct2515

^

Chief was forcibly conscripted into the Spartan II program. :) so....

1 He simply cannot function outside a military environment anymore.

2 He would get paid nothing, few Spartan IIs lead normal lives and all those who do were washouts. I have not heard of one successful case of a non Spartan II washout successful reintegrating back into a normal life.

He would get paid nothing.

3 Jun didn't retire he became a Spartan IV recruiter.

• 2 months later...

No, I doubt 343 will end master chief, if they do that's just messed up...aster chief is the best and I don't know the story line but I saw halo 5 they were looking for him he be MIA but he still fights against the bad. Master chief is the only spartan that is overall the best of all. He been through **** that most Spartans haven't john #1

343i wants Locke to be the main character. He may not be, but I know they want him to be. It might even mean getting rid of our old pal. Here's the deal, even on the box-art Locke is on top of the reflection. Chief is the reflection of him, not the other way around. This leads me to believe that Locke will be prioritized over John-117 by 343i. Now that Cortana's gone, I'm afraid Chief might die. If that happens, it'll change Halo forever.

In Halo 5? No. At the very end of the franchise? Possibly, possibly not. I could see him sacrificing himself, say, to stop the Flood or Precursors and bring peace to the galaxy, but not in any way smaller than that. Seeing him retire just feels anticlimactic. 343 has already explained that the purpose of Locke is not to replace John, but simply to let us see him from an outsider perspective for the first time, allowing for character development for both John and Locke. 

Also, the reason John never interacted with Thel was because he had less personality than a toaster in Halo 3. He was quite literally a blank slate save for the scenes involving Cortana's rescue, Johnson's death, and Keyes' death (somewhat). In H2 he at least had *some* personality, while in H3 he had disappointingly little character development.

As was  stated before, you don't necessarily need to have long, face-to-face conversations with someone to be their friend. Fight alongside someone and trust them with your life for several days to several weeks and a deep respect and camaraderie at the very least is almost certain to develop. Surely the fact that Thel explicitly said he would consider John a friend in H2A outweighs fan speculation? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chief won't die in Halo 5. Can't have Halo 6 without him.

But if they do replace him, they better do it with someone that's truly awesome, someone truly badass... like...

Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson. He made it off one exploding Halo ring, couldn't he have done it again? ;)