Halo 5 Topic: SPRINT

npdabest09

After looking through videos and reading up on Halo 5, I believe sprint needs more changes.  Currently, I feel it is too fast and creates chaotic environments.  The entire game looks way too fast-paced as well. 

My vision of sprint in a Halo game would be simply to get from point A to point B quickly.

Sprint in the current form is just like that of Halo 4.  Players should be able to get near the battle but not barge in immediately.  One change I propose is to have an extended animation upon the end of sprint where you cannot shoot nor melee.  This causes players to stop short of their intended destination.

This brings me to another point.  Sprint gives more importance to melee than it deserves.  Fair gunfights can also suddenly turn lop-sided once an ally arrives.  Teams who do not efficiently handle objectives can quickly race back in position.  Granted all these things happen as a natural part of the game but sprint will just increase the chances of getting assassinated/meleed or double-teamed.

I honestly feel like this should be a hot topic considering they are attempting to hit the "roots" of Halo.  The roots of Halo involve gun fights, map positioning and control, and weapon control....not people racing around the map continously changing spawn points or position.

• Like 2

It's the same: except your shields don't recharge when sprinting, and you have Mobility basically (infinite sprint).

So if your shields are down, and you want to escape then you're kinda outta luck. You'd be better off just walking around and into cover. Running isn't that much of a valid tactic anymore.

I like sprint when the gameplay is boring and I need to head somewhere exciting :)

Otherwise, I think it's pretty bad, because it makes the game too easy to do, like getting kills, escaping, and it makes melee over powering. If they want to bring Halo back to it's roots, they shouldn't have sprint, or at least not make it OP, so you have to "shoot your way out", and makes the game harder and funner.