Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

I  don't know if it's  an issue or not but after a match ends I am kicked is that supposed to happen?

That is supposed to happen.

Continuous lobbies were a thing, but just about everytime the lobby glitched and wouldn't be able to find a game, while you were somehow far enough into the matchmaking search to not be able to leave the search, causing you to be held hostage by that lobby and forcing you to restart the game.

If you got into a game with a lobby of friends you will stick together after the game, but only with those friends.

Even after the recent updates earlier this January i still have a very difficult time finding games and can take up to 30 min and when i do find a game i am usually booted out of the game once the loading page comes up and even if i get into the game (which will happen 2/10 times probably) the game is so laggy its unplayable! Also while playing halo 2 classic if i die it can take 1-2 min to respawn! (this happens 1/3 times) As a gamer and a halo lover i am sorely disappointed by this game even after the so called "update" it doesn't work i should expect the game to be fixed soon and the problems fixed. Idk if you want to go down as the worst game developers of our time but with your effortless launches and uncaring attitude its happening. Halo was once a monster in the FPS genre it couldn't be beat but ever since 343 took control it lost its creativity and fun fix this game because i love the classics. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me, I am having ridiculous issues with Halo: MCC it takes me hours to find games and most of the time I don't find one for the day. I've only played two matches in the time I've owned this game. I can't even play with my friends, My game freezes for 5 minutes after every match I play whether it's multiplayer, campaign, spartan ops, forge etc... I live in Ireland, Would that have anything to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...

After all these updates , my xbl gamertag/account is still getting its rank reset. This is the third time now, its quite rediculous that all the bugs arent fixed by now. And no resolution apparently for my problem as microsoft live chat refers me to post here. lovely

After all these updates , my xbl gamertag/account is still getting its rank reset. This is the third time now, its quite rediculous that all the bugs arent fixed by now. And no resolution apparently for my problem as microsoft live chat refers me to post here. lovely

They probably meant 343i's official site, Halo Waypoi t, but t feel free to stick around. This might be happening because that bug/area hasn't been fixed yet. The updates have probably been done on different areas, and remember, 343i didn't expect this many bugs, and are doing all they can to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuck  and frozen with "Leaving Matchmaking" after backing out of a search that was taking too long, and now it is literally stuck. I have tried restarting the console twice and cannot get it to go away. I cannot even play campaign....

Is there a fix for this? Has anyone encountered the same?

I am stuck  and frozen with "Leaving Matchmaking" after backing out of a search that was taking too long, and now it is literally stuck. I have tried restarting the console twice and cannot get it to go away. I cannot even play campaign....

Is there a fix for this? Has anyone encountered the same?

By restarting you mean pressing the on/off button once or holding it for a few seconds?

Only pressing it once will make your Xbox One go into standby, holding it a few seconds causes your Xbox to shut down completely.

you can also try backing out to the home menu, pressing start on the MCC and then selecting Quit. This will shut down your game so you can restart it again.

• 2 weeks later...

the patch for me and the people I play with has worked tremendously. there are some issues, like parties getting split, and uneven teams, but it is 100% better than what it has been in the past. the biggest issue for us is the lack of ranked playlists. you are going to lose the elite and dedicated players still left in this game if we have to play customs all the time just to get a match where people can actually shoot back. I wouldn't have as much of a problem losing a rank because my party got split as I would having to buy a game like battlefield because im tired of playing tickled panda 838495932 and his 3 guests in mm. we played 14 btb games last night, finished 1 due to the other team quitting. put ranks back in the playlists. otherwise, there is nothing to play for.

• Like 1

Despite all of the problems this game has been having I still really like to play Halo. My biggest issue with the matchmaking is the very limited list of what can be played. Halo CE, Halo 2 Classic, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 as a playlist to pick and play. But it usually ends up that you play basic team slayer under these categories. On top of that there is a team slayer basic in the categories as well. So 343 has 6 categories for playing team slayer not including Big Team Battle. Then you see these other games like Snipers, SWAT, Oddball (Which comes and goes). My wife likes SWAT and I really like it too. But then to take it off and put Snipers in place of SWAT. I love snipers and so do all of my friends. I do not understand why we can have one but not the other. Instead of seeing 6 variants of team slayer I would like to see actual options. I would like to see the list say something like. Team Snipers, Team SWAT, Big Team Battle, Team Objective, Multi-Team, Double Team, Rumble Pit, Living Dead, Etc. It's just frustrating because right now there are not many variants and I am getting tired of just basic team slayer. And Objective games that I would rather not play like Oddball. I like Oddball but I only like it when I have my teammates in the same party so that I know my teammates are not going to quit on me. In objective games if one team loses a couple teammates they are already at a disadvantage.

Then the other day when I was playing with my friends we came to a voting screen where we could only vote one on maps from Halo 2 classic. We were playing Team Snipers. This doesn't happen often. Other times you get one from Halo one, One from Halo 2 and one from 4. But it's all the maps you don't want to play from those games. I think instead of having such a small amount to choose from that there should be 2 voting rounds. One voting round could be which game (Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4) after a one of the games has won you should get to vote on a map from that game. Kind of like when we got to vote from 3 Halo 2 maps. We like Halo two so it was nice to have more than one map option for the game.

And finally. Stop making us start a new search every time we end a game. Leaving all players in on a countdown unless they leave and then fill the slots. Nothing is more irritating than waiting for games longer than you play the game. Not to mention that making every person search each time has got to be a lot harder for the servers to control. I don't know if anybody agrees with me or not on these few topics but I just want to see the MCC fixed completely. Also put ranking on more than the anniversary. I don't play that variant often at all so I'm a level 2. If I were ranked in other things as well I would be higher than a 2. Thanks for reading.

It's not really issue, but this gets on my nerves..

Everyone voting for Halo 2/H2A. Always.

Lovely maps from the other games, the same map I've played for the past 2 matches? Of course, H2A. Every. Time. It gives me ticks.

Of course, somehow, I've gotten a little bit more passable at Halo 2 because of this outrage.

So I'm a die hard Halo fan and when MCC came out it was a great day, now of course I had the same problems that every one else did. And I tried to wait them out and keep saying they will fix it. Well to be fair the game works, wait time are very short and over all the game works. But here my problem and to me it's a big problem. Halo use to have rankings that ment somthing, a lvl 20 would not play aginst a lvl 50. That is zero fun, now for the past few weeks every single match has been one team blows out the other team. and the only only ranking system is for Halo 2 Remastered and me (lvl 14 at the time) played aginst a team of high 30 to 40 somthing. Every other map set says ranking coming soon. So will that day ever come and will ranking mean somthing again? Its so bad I may stop playing halo all together. Also you made Halo 2 Remastered 5vs5  to help the matchmaking problems, they are fixed and those maps dont work with 10 people. Its very disapointing for some one who spend hard earned money on the game. As of now Im not buy Halo 5 because of the MCC.

So I'm a die hard Halo fan and when MCC came out it was a great day, now of course I had the same problems that every one else did. And I tried to wait them out and keep saying they will fix it. Well to be fair the game works, wait time are very short and over all the game works. But here my problem and to me it's a big problem. Halo use to have rankings that ment somthing, a lvl 20 would not play aginst a lvl 50. That is zero fun, now for the past few weeks every single match has been one team blows out the other team. and the only only ranking system is for Halo 2 Remastered and me (lvl 14 at the time) played aginst a team of high 30 to 40 somthing. Every other map set says ranking coming soon. So will that day ever come and will ranking mean somthing again? Its so bad I may stop playing halo all together. Also you made Halo 2 Remastered 5vs5  to help the matchmaking problems, they are fixed and those maps dont work with 10 people. Its very disapointing for some one who spend hard earned money on the game. As of now Im not buy Halo 5 because of the MCC.

We didn't create the game so we wouldn't be able that question for you, we're just a fan forum for Halo. I like the update and I've lost interest in ranking which is why I'm content with how it's going but I definitely see the problem with low ranks playing high ranks because a blowout game is never fun. I think the first thing 343 is working on is to completely debug matchmaking connection issues before they bring in the ranks just to ensure that everyone gets a game. By saying it's coming soon in every playlist, they're just being ambiguous and hopeful that they resolve things soon because we all know it's not complete yet.

This is an achievement issue.  I had a friend recover my account to get me the 4 player on one xbox achievement because I only have one Controller.  However now I can't unlock any achievements on my own xbox.  Only on his......Can you please come out with an update that fixes this problem.  I don't see why I can't get achievements on any other xbox but that one specific one.

This is day 5 now that my Achievements have been locked at the same progress they've been stuck at.  I don't know what to do to fix it.  One of them randomly unlocked today but everything is still glitched.  Is there going to be a patch for this?  They don't even say Done Unlocking....  They're just frozen at around 81% and won't budge.  Plus HaloWaypoint says I haven't played a match in 5 days as well when I'm on every day.  This is really annoying.  I've spent about 400 hours and gotten 492 out of 500 achievements and this is what I get?  Locked.....

I have been playing Halo since the original XBOX was released. It was the game I purchased when purchasing the XBOX on black Friday way back when. This by far has been my WORSE experience with playing online and matchmaking. I started my son playing Halo when he was about 6 years old, he is now 14. The only use I get out of this game is playing him on custom matches. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail. Once I got past the awaiting privileges issue, it just sits in matchmaking switching between "searching for players," and "Players found." After reading all the posts I do believe that a lot of people have gotten frustrated with all the issues and have just quit playing. That is a shame because this game used to be one of the hottest games out. There was a time when you could actually see how many people were online, and how many people were playing a certain match type. While it is cool being able to have all the old Halo games on one disk, it's EXTREMELY disappointing to experience and read about all the matchmaking issues. Evidently whatever patch you all released did little to handle the matchmaking issues. I hope you all get it together because you all are making Bungie look like fools for selling such an iconic game to someone who apparently can't carry the torch. This was supposed to be a great game to have and play, and hold us over until Halo 5 came out. Now I don't know that I will waste my money on Halo 5 if this is online gaming experience I can expect. 

I have been playing Halo since the original XBOX was released. It was the game I purchased when purchasing the XBOX on black Friday way back when. This by far has been my WORSE experience with playing online and matchmaking. I started my son playing Halo when he was about 6 years old, he is now 14. The only use I get out of this game is playing him on custom matches. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail. Once I got past the awaiting privileges issue, it just sits in matchmaking switching between "searching for players," and "Players found." After reading all the posts I do believe that a lot of people have gotten frustrated with all the issues and have just quit playing. That is a shame because this game used to be one of the hottest games out. There was a time when you could actually see how many people were online, and how many people were playing a certain match type. While it is cool being able to have all the old Halo games on one disk, it's EXTREMELY disappointing to experience and read about all the matchmaking issues. Evidently whatever patch you all released did little to handle the matchmaking issues. I hope you all get it together because you all are making Bungie look like fools for selling such an iconic game to someone who apparently can't carry the torch. This was supposed to be a great game to have and play, and hold us over until Halo 5 came out. Now I don't know that I will waste my money on Halo 5 if this is online gaming experience I can expect. 

First off, we are not 343i, we're a fan forum, and 343i took on a big project by putting 4 games on 1 disc, so there was a lot of bugs. I agree that it is not acceptable that after such a long time after release it still has big bugs, but hopefully 343i can fix it soon. I don't know how to fix your problem, other than just try to download the next update and hopefully it fixes it. And a lot of people say, "they are not buying Halo 5 because of MCC", but MCC had 4 games on 1 disc, so there was a lot of bugs. I suggest you buy Halo 5 because it will for sure have better multiplayer than MCC and the campaign will probably be pretty interesting too.

• 3 weeks later...

My biggest issue are these. 

When I load up the game my cloud server or connection doesn't reload and I have to restart or start a multiplayer game to finally connect and show my maps and friends list.

I can't upload Forge maps only the gametypes to my fileshare.

Gamechat for large parties who are playing customs or multiplayer doesn't work consisitently among everyone.

Party chat should be 16 if the previous issue can't be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible at some point to get the end game statistics to work correctly? One of my favorite stats at the end of a game was to see how many time I killed a certain person, and how many times I was killed. As far as I know this hasn't worked correctly since the beginning. I know there were many other issues to work on with the matchmaking right now, but honestly, why even include the stat at the end of the game when it clearly doesn't work? I would rather at this point have it taken off completely, instead of looking at someone's most killed, and it being himself or a teammate...which is impossible. I would greatly appreciate this getting a little attention whenever 343i gets a chance. Thanks!