Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

I have been attempting to play my first ever multiplayer game in MCC since launch, i was met with a 15.6gb download which took 3 days to download.....wasn't happy with that (i'm in Australia). Since the moment of completion i have not yet played 1 match in any multiplayer title.....not 1 = absolute zero. This is not fair, i paid 75 bucks for this and can not play. now onto the Co-op campaign issue! Co-op is sooooooo laggy that i can not play with a friend who live 13km away.......there is seriously a 6 second lag between me pressing the button (I.e. the trigger) and then 6 seconds later it will fire the gun.  So that means no co op. so what i have taken from this is, since it says that co-op and multiplayer are available in this game on the back of the box, i deem it FALSE ADVERTISING! and want my money back.

You seem to refuse to acknowledge that there is an issue with this and keep providing content updates to things that are unrelated to the 2 primary issues with the game. therefore i am lead to believe that you are incapable of fixing said issues.

I am over waiting for 4 hours a day to see if i can make it into my first match and still nothing. 

Biggest ever middle finger to ever single employee and employer at 343 industries.

Sincerely,

Chris Harris 

I cannot believe they are actually allowed to sell games for a full price when they feel like an alpha version. The fact that there is still lag in co-op campaign makes me sick, and weren't there supposed to be dedicated servers in matchmaking? It is honestly horrible, the one game I was actually dying to play this year and you ruined it 343. You were focused way to much on how much content you have, and quite frankly if people really wanted to play halo 1-4 they could of bought a 360. Halo 2 anniversary should of been the only game on disc, and all of the maps should of been remade. You have all of our money, now do something useful with it and fix all of the bugs, give us the game we bought.

I cannot believe they are actually allowed to sell games for a full price when they feel like an alpha version. The fact that there is still lag in co-op campaign makes me sick, and weren't there supposed to be dedicated servers in matchmaking? It is honestly horrible, the one game I was actually dying to play this year and you ruined it 343. You were focused way to much on how much content you have, and quite frankly if people really wanted to play halo 1-4 they could of bought a 360. Halo 2 anniversary should of been the only game on disc, and all of the maps should of been remade. You have all of our money, now do something useful with it and fix all of the bugs, give us the game we bought.

• Like 1

I would like to beg on behalf of new gamers everywhere that 343 reinstate halo 4 into the multiplayer playlists ASAP. I love everything about halo but as someone who was really only introduce and really played halo 4 it is impossible to have any fun playing in the older games in multiplayer because I lack years of experience with these maps and games which I love, I just can't enjoy yet. Please get Halo 4 back up and running so I can enjoy some multiplayer instead of crying myself to sleep because I'm the only person who can't get a single kill. Thanks love you guys and appreciate all the work you have done for halo and for us!

OMG can you fix the matchmaking, people are complaining that they cannot replay and some people are getting killed with 1 shot, and others it takes 4 grenades and 20 shots, the teams aren't fair and the connection issues are stupidly crazy takes 1.5hours just to get a game and then constantly get MATCHMAKING CONNECTION ERRIORS

NICE SAME MATCHMAKING ISSUES ONE SHOT SCREENS REPEAT 3 SECONDS then your 3 SECONDS BACK REPEATING WHAT YOU JUST DID THE MATCHMAKING SPAWING RIGHT IN FRONT OF OPPONENTS AND KILLING US WITH ONE SHOT AND FIGHTING WITH THEM WITH MANY SHOTS TO THE HEAD PLUS MULTIPLE GRENADES AND STILL THEY DON'T DIE>  WHY IS THIS MASTER CHIEF"S COLLECTION HALO SO TERRIBLE, GOD ANOTHER CONNECTION FAILED> NOT ON MY END I HAVE 100MBS AND ETHERNET ALL THE WAY.

It's been about 2 weeks and the heart of this game is still non-functional, I think it's pretty clear that this game is broken. Beta games are not to be sold for profit and I think its time to do the customers right and refunds should be issued. There have been 2 patches....a server patch that didn't require the user to download anything and a 2GB patch that was released on Friday. It's broken, so give everyone their money back.

There are not suppose to sell Beta games. Kind of funny on how they blocked refunds on digital purchases, they knew the game was broken before launch. The only thing you can really do is hope for patches and refuse to buy Halo 5.

I want 343 to know I will never buy another game that they have any part of and I will also do everything I can to make sure anyone I know does the same!! This is the biggest joke ever! We pay outrageous prices for these games and can't even play them, you did the same thing with halo 4(which was by far the worst of the halo series btw!) now this! I for one am tired of being dicked around by these company's and I will not take it anymore I don't care if I have to break out my NES! I miss buying games and when you went to play them they worked! There is no excuse for this crap you people have literally years to make these games and you still can't get it right it's a joke your team is a joke and it's so obvious that you don't care about us the gamers! Just line your pockets sit back point and laugh! How this is not a crime I'll never understand, let's say I opened a store and sold tvs for example, but the tvs didn't work, and I said to people that bought the tvs assuming they were brand new working tvs "oh I'm really sorry we are working really hard a fixing them" yet still not fix them just kept saying that I would bet my life that I would be charged for it! Whatever though my point is this is bs and I'm so done with it and I really hope others start putting the foot down also!!

We're at almost two weeks after release and multiplayer still doesn't function properly. Que times are erratic, almost every game is unevenly populated, and there are still issues with the party system. 

The thing is, I'm pretty sure many of us would've been perfectly fine being used as pre-holiday beta testers if we'd been told that's what was happening. As it stands, this is unprofessional and a bit of an emotionally souring experience for those of us with a longtime love-affair with Halo. 

I've been waiting 20 minutes in matchmaking. The real problem is the fact that I can't even join my friends party to play on his forge map. He invites me, nothing happens, I invite him, nothing happens. The whole set up isn't very user friendly. In Reach I could see who was online, send them a game invite and be playing in less than a minute.

The list of things wrong are so great, that I wont even try. Tons of my problems were already mentioned. But the ones that piss me off the most include:

-Getting to rank 13 and the game decides to pair a 5on2 warlock together. Naturally were down 25-2 so I quit... My rank went from 13 to 6. Lol what a waste of time.

-Games these days giving control of map selection and gametypes to players. The time I spent getting to a 13, you realize at some point. Wow I hope every single game I play in ranked is not team slayer. Especially on the same 4 maps. But it is. Make a damn ranked objective or snipers playlist please.

-Personally I also dont like how you can see all the players in the lobby. It does not build the suspense, and just makes it even easier for kids to cheat.

-5on5 is just way to many people for some of these maps, I mean cmon think a little. 4 guys spawning on banshee is bad enough. So lets throw in 5 guys with brs.

-brs are way to powerful

I really hope 343 just resets the ranks when this thing finally gets going. Its been a joke anyway.

I love the mcc but I have not been able to play the matchmaking at all yet even after the Nov 21st update. I am starting to get really angry because I paid the money to play my 4 favorite games of all time and all I can do is the campaigns overe and over again. Please fix this problem soon

First off.. Why do you guys always wait to add team snipers to new halo games? Secondly why did you screw up the playlist? All you had to do was make it halo 2 game play and let us vote on a map ( halo-halo 4). You had the opportunity to not only bring back the game that made halo but to make it better with all of our favorite maps. If you guys wanted to make up for this just put halo 2 back online and leave it as it use to be......A GREAT GAME. Even after Halo 3 and new Call of duties came out we still played Halo 2. Why, because it was perfect.

Hey idiots, WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL 343!!!!!  Does anyone read this thread before posting?  No probably not.  #1 Sorry your having problems but we can't help you.  2# connection problems don't equate to a game being broken, nor does uneven matches.  Go to Halowaypoint and cry your nonsense over there!  Thanks!  Can we lock we this now?

• Like 2

Can we lock we this now?

Yeah, Can we lock this topic? It's kinda getting out of the hand. People aren't seeing that we're not the real 343i and only fan forums!! D:

I'm not sure that's a good idea, I'd rather have many ranting angry people in a single thread instead of them making their own threads and polluting the rest of the forum...!

Hello, I know this does not relate to matchmaking, however I i had no alternative place to put it. I am having trouble watching Halo: Nightfall. I have the Master Chief Collection, but when i try to watch an episode it gives me an option that says "Buy Halo" instead of play like it did before. When I hit "Buy Halo" it starts the game. I have tried many things to fix it, such as restarting my Xbox, Reinserting the disc, ect. If anyone has a solution or can get this through to 343i (As i am having immense trouble e-mailing them and I don't like social media under any circumstance). Thank  you.

Hello, I know this does not relate to matchmaking, however I i had no alternative place to put it. I am having trouble watching Halo: Nightfall. I have the Master Chief Collection, but when i try to watch an episode it gives me an option that says "Buy Halo" instead of play like it did before. When I hit "Buy Halo" it starts the game. I have tried many things to fix it, such as restarting my Xbox, Reinserting the disc, ect. If anyone has a solution or can get this through to 343i (As i am having immense trouble e-mailing them and I don't like social media under any circumstance). Thank  you.

Strange problem! Have you tried accessing Nightfall in different ways/avenues? For example, if accessing it through the Xbox One Dashboard isn't working, perhaps you can try accessing Nightfall through MCC itself. And vice versa.

I doubt this will bypass the issue, but I figured I'd suggest something.

• Like 1

So far matchmaking has been great in terms of finding matches. However, I have encountered numerous problems that TO ME are the biggest and worst problems.

Matchmaking issues: Whenever i leave matchmaking as host none of my friends come with me and we have to re-invite each other, having friends put on the enemy team when we are partied up, people join your session and become host somehow, uneven team start-ups, playlists say team size is 5 but max party size is 4.

Custom/Forge issues: Not being able to join forge or custom games in progress, not being able to do a wide file share search for custom maps and variants, people join your game and turn into host somehow.

General: Achievements not showing up completed in career, controller settings changing, game crashes, says you lose progress on a campaign playlist if you try to work on another one?

My main concerns are just an easier way to search for custom maps and variants, all of the matchmaking issues, forge joining in progress, and random host changes. If you can at least work on the party system more that would be awesome. That's my biggest issue, just being able to keep your party after you back out of search, keep them as teammates, and not find un-even matches(especially for ranked and HCS).

I hope the issue are fixed soon!