Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

343....your an absolute joke and a disgrace!!! To put posts up saying....'you apologise and are aware there's bugs and glitches' is an absolute pathetic excuse and attempt to smooth things over. You have made a complete mess of what you have attempted here and it's the gamers out there that are suffering. There is NO excuse for taking so long to fix things, especially when these problems should have never arose. I hope no one else buys anything your attached to or involved in/with and I hope people lose their jobs over this level of incompetence. There are supposed to of been things sorted and as of now (Sat 15th Nov 1am) I can't get a single match in match in match making. Been waiting 50 mins for a match!!!! So how have you made things worse!?!?!

I was a lvl 10 in halo 2 anniversary but soon after one match it made me install an update. After the update I started matchmaking back up and I was deranked to a lvl 1!!! Can someone please help me get my rank back!! It's sad that I have to sit forever to find a game and now all my progress is gone!!

Here is an issue: the fact that Dan Ayoub said in an E3 2014 interview ( http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/halo-the-master-chief-collection) that there would be separate multiplayer playlists PER Halo game. Funny how I can't just jump into a Halo 1 multiplayer game without praying that people vote on it. That is also assuming I don't shut the Xbox off first because I've been searching for a game for 10 minutes.
343 really dropped the ball. I wish Bungie would've done this project and just left the crappy Halo 4 out.

First off I bought an Xbox for this very game and halo 5. I'm so damn tired of Microsoft glitches and crashing online play. I feel like I just got a car that runs but the transmission is blown. Apologizing for this isn't enough. 343 you need to make this right. In the game and to loyal fans. Idk what my k/do sprend is anymore through the nonstop lagging games I have been put in or what my rank is. Please get the game right and just clean the slate on my account. In the end I feel like I have been bamboozled by Microsoft and 343 for the b.s. I have been put through.

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet:

Since the launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we've received several, well deserved, complaints related to slow matchmaking and other issues. From everyone at 343 Industries, we are truly sorry and feel your frustration. You deserve better and we are working day and night to find solutions as quickly as possible, with our first priority focused on matchmaking improvements.Tomorrow morning (Wednesday morning Pacific Time) we plan to roll out a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking. Again, these are server-side fixes, so you won't need to take a content update or reboot your console; you should see the effects right away.In addition, we are targeting another release for this weekend, which will address a number of other community priorities. An unrelated issue with services is also causing achievements to not unlock correctly, and we realize this just makes it all feel a bit worse.A game as large as Halo: The Master Chief Collection has a massive surface area, and while we made every effort to have the best launch possible for our fans, issues surfaced with launch and we're committed to improving this as fast as possible and get you all into matches. We're committed to improving things as fast as possible so you can have the Halo experience you've been waiting for.Your feedback has been helpful for us in isolating issues, so please keep the input coming. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we work through these challenges. The development team at 343 Industries worked insanely hard to create Halo: The Master Chief Collection for you, and we won't stop until it's worthy of your passion for our franchise.

Dan Ayoub
Executive Producer

• Like 1

I'm writing this as I'm waiting in matchmaking. I've been waiting over an hour now with not even getting into one game. I finally did get into 3 games last night after not getting in the first 2 days. Besides the matchmaking frustrations that have been clearly expressed by everyone here, I wanted to mention another issue, at least for me. That is the controls. You gave us an option to choose a certain version of Halo's controls for all games but this doesn't work. It is completely frustrating  when the game goes from a Halo 2 map to a Halo 3 map and you have to rethink how to move. The 3 games I got into last night were completely frustrating trying to switch back and forth while jumping into settings mid game trying to figure out what was happening only to realize the settings weren't staying the way I set them but defaulting to each maps original control types. Needless to say, I am with everyone else about returning this game. This makes me truly sad as I have been playing Halo from the beginning and ALL of my Xbox purchases were driven by new versions of Halo. At best, I will shelf this game for a few months and pray that you guys eventually fix it. I definitely will NOT be buying Halo 5 until after it has been established as not being botched like MCC.

Hello 343, 

It pains me that I'm making a post on your website to help you improve basic game functionality, but considering what you shipped out, it's beyond necessary. This has been such a disaster on all levels and I plan to never buy a product from you again. It took me an hour to get into a party with my four friends this morning, not exaggerating. I'm pretty annoyed, but I'll be as constructive as possible since you decided to use the XBL community for testing instead of hiring people.

Joining Custom Lobby Problems

- Takes multiple tries to join parties correctly. ("Can't connect to host", joining games and never showing up, randomly dropping from the party. Forced to restart Xbox on multiple occasions to successfully join custom game lobbies)

- Half the time the integrated friends list has noone listed  

- The ability to join a player is greyed out randomly

- Randomly all players will be muted, even though nobody is muted or in private chat

- After backing out of the custom game and changing to matchmaking or a different game (halo2 to haloCE for example) you leave the party because you pressed B without a "do you want to leave the party" prompt.

- Team colors are different for everyone. Some players will see 4v4 red and blue teams, others will see gold, green, brown. Once the game starts it's corrected.

Matchmaking

- Still takes way too long to find games in all playlists, even after updates.

- Finding games with multiple people takes even longer. Once you form the teams I've been split from friends every time.

- Teams are more often unbalanced (2v6, 3v5, 3v4).

- You'll sometimes get 6v6 in ranked H2 anniversary. What?

- Haven't tested the ability to boot people from match made games, but it's probably still a problem.

Other Issues

- the "press Y to check your post game carnage stats" option is available after turning your XB1 on after a few hours. If you press Y to check, the game crashes. Rebooted the box a few time and tested this. It crashed every time I tried. Why does this option even come up with no post game stats?

- Random in game crashes. One I can recall was I punching the over shield on sidewinder with 4 total players in the game. Crashed for everyone.

- Can't pick up weapons randomly, this hasn't happened more than twice. Only noticed in halo 2 anniversary maps.

It's terrible that the gameplay is so good, but playing it is obnoxiously difficult because of all the basic issues that shouldn't exist in the first place. I've never been as bitter about a gaming experience in my life. I got my hopes up again about a Halo release, and once again I've been extremely let down.

Good luck with the rest of the development.

Been having same party/matchmaking issues as everyone else and that's understandable. What really upset me today is, I was level 6 going into a game, won that game, and came out as level 1. Not a big deal you might say but I'm stuck there and can't rank up. Come on 343, its getting worse. You're making it difficult for me to love halo again.

You people...

:wallbash:

You act as though you've wasted your money, when in reality you're getting four games for the price of one, and only half the enjoyment you can get out of all four is delayed. Not MISSING, just DELAYED. Because you WILL get your money's full worth. Do you people really think the game will remain glitchy forever?

You're looking at a week, maybe 2, of waiting. Have you people been raised to make unreasonable demands of the world around you? Because that's pitiable.

And you also seem to think the campaigns don't exist. Go play some H2A, for frag's sake. Pass the time, enjoy the shiny graphics, build up your skills more.

Looking at our data logs, server-side adjustments that we have made over the past 24 hours have shown a 20% increase in server connectivity. However, we are well aware that performance is not where it needs to be. Resolving Matchmaking issues also requires client-side fixes, which require a content update. The client side update, which focuses on Matchmaking performance, non-matchmaking bugs, and a variety of title-specific issues, has been completed and is going through testing and certification. We are currently targeting a release of Wednesday 11/19 for this content update. We know the current Matchmaking experience is frustrating, and we continue to have various teams working 24/7 to isolate and resolve the issues to provide the best experience as soon as possible. We are going to continue to optimize the matchmaking experience after next week's content update, and make further adjustments as needed. We thank you for your continued patience.

This is all from Dan Ayoub. So with a bit of luck the Matchmaking will be fixed by next week.

Played the co-op got my bandana skull on CE but cant use it? Will this be patched?

Also my multiplayer only finds games in the halo two classic gametype. If I play any other playlist it never finds a game.

Other then that I love the game.

-Grant

I can't even play customs.... Fa-real? Not even Customs tho?  They had that ish figured out in with XBC and Halo 1.  Screw it, Just let us host our own customs games like H1.  I'll plug this 'advanced gaming machine' into my PC and host the games myself.  This is ridiculous Ppl.

Well it's not like they were actually having to develop a new game...Just a tune up of previous titles, with the Epic Multiplayer that we thought we were going to get.

-MrH5notlookingGood!