Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

Halo Master Chief Collection has been released!

Along with the release of Halo MCC has come a few bugs, glitches, and multiple other matchmaking issues. This has resulted in an over-abundance of threads asking for help- some of which are multiple threads with the same problem. To cut down on similar threads, and to hopefully get everyone the answers they need as soon as possible, we ask that you post any and all of your Halo: Master Chief Collection issues here. 

This thread will be monitored closely, and any updates from the official 343industries will be added. (Remember, we're just a fan forum)

Be sure to check the thread to see if someone has had the same issue as you and if there are any possible fixes or updates already available on that issue.

343industries has released an official update on the status of Halo: Master Chief Collection's matchmaking as of

11/13/14 - HERE

11/15/14 - HERE

Thanks for your assistance in keeping our Forum nice and tidy!
-BZ1

Edited by BeckoningZebra1
  • Like 4

update if anyhting made the game worse for me. on launch it would take me like 5 minutes to find a game. after update, ive been waiting at least 15 minutes and still in search. randomly i would get some message like "cant connect to host". cant really connect me to a host if you cant find me people to play with in the ******* first place

update if anyhting made the game worse for me. on launch it would take me like 5 minutes to find a game. after update, ive been waiting at least 15 minutes and still in search. randomly i would get some message like "cant connect to host". cant really connect me to a host if you cant find me people to play with in the ******* first place

*Update* been 25 minutes and im still in search for a Team Slayer game

• Like 2

Well for one in halo 2 were getting the wrong grenade start count and having trouble picking up any more than 2 of one type. The lazy lazy lazy death walls pretty much stopped me from playing anniversary maps since flying the banshee becomes a game of icarus and the sun. Seriously how hard was it to port my favorite games that they had to be mangled? I can't even get to coag on the halo2 only playlist. I wouldn't have minded just buying halo2 if yas didn't break the best parts. Bad show 343 bad show. Looks like I might not buy 5 if this is the quality I can expect . Again your death walls are lazy unimaginative and an all around pain in the butt while being shot at and trying to survive I'm really annoyed. Gamestop is gonna be giving me a refund if yas can't make a good game out of what was already a good game til you touched it.I could go on forever about how you disappointed me but I'd really rather see it fixed.  Btw most of us thought we were getting the whole games including their menus and that's another thing that disappointed me, I can't even properly color a character because you gave us little paint swatches! Ugh I'm done

- If you search a game with a friend/friends, you could be placed on opposite teams (unacceptable).

- Some games of 8 players were 6 vs 2 instead 4 vs 4 (unacceptable).

- Tried during an entire hour to find a game after the application of the patch (unacceptable).

- After a finished game, the game freezes on the "Loading" screen (3 times) (unacceptable).

- If you finally find a game, there are possibilities to get banned from it (2 times) (unacceptable).

- Friends don´t show up even if they are online.

- I leveled up playing customs (unacceptable).

- Level 1 players paired with level 15. you should try to pair like Halo 3 does (difference of 10 levels max.). I can´t imagine a game of level 50 players dueling vs. level 1 players (unacceptable).

- If you start to search in a playlist and you want to go back and search in another one, the party is sepparated and you have to invite again. Same in customs and other situations (unacceptable).

- The most part of the games are 4 vs 3 (unacceptable).

- I saw some playlists of 5 vs 5, even if they were conceived as 4 vs 4. That changes (and ruins) totally the experience and strategy. Can´t i play 4 vs 4 Halo 3?

- I would like to see some playlists like (essential) Team Doubles. And ranked, of course.

I hope this issues will be solved soon.

Best regards, a disappointed Halo player.

• Like 7

I have been trying to get into a matchmaking game since the game came out... I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET ON ONE YET!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous to me. I bought the xbox one strictly for the online of this game and I cant do crap. You would think with a game like HALO and how many LOYAL followers it has they would have made sure this kind of crap wouldn't happen when its launched. Why didn't they do a multiplayer beta or something to make sure it would work? Im getting to the point where im really starting to think that gaming companies could care less about the customers because they have already got your money. They don't care about anything else. It is really getting pretty REDICULOUS.

Oh and another thing... I love how they say just keep trying to get into a matchmaking game it may take four minutes... REALLY? Even when there was just AOL dial up internet it still wouldn't take for minutes for anything on it to work. COME ON 343!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DESTROYING HALO FOR ALOT OF FANS!!!!!!!! This makes me wonder what kind of glitches and crap we will have to put up with after they get done making HALO 5 and it comes out.

• Like 1

Couple things. First off, I feel bad for you guys. I know you didn't mean for the launch to be like this. I'm sure you're doing your best to fix it. That being said, this is what's going down on my end in Jersey...

1.) Matchmaking is a hit or miss, in the sense that it's either several minutes of wait before I get a match or I just get hung up waiting. I literally watched a whole episode of Grey's Anatomy searching for a slayer match.

2.) When I do find a match, I noticed the balancing system is off. More often than not, it will pair a 2v4 instead of using the 6 players optimally as a 3v3 match.

3.) I get the #

"can't connect to host" issue every once in a while.

4.) After a match, my game crashes sometimes instead of just taking me back to the lobby. And that just makes me SAD.

This is the best value a Halo fan could honestly ever buy, but I'm having a hard time convincing my friends to buy a game I cant show them that well. Good luck with everything guys. Hope it gets straightened out soon. I'm going to keep playing despite the problems though. Cheers!

• Like 1

Multiplayer problems- like everyone is saying it's hard to find a game. That's not my biggest problem. What I can't apprehend is why when you are on the same xbox or same party why the teams get split up. If I wanted to play against the people I'm partied up with I would play custom games. Please fix this game fast. I've been waiting since halo CE anniversary for halo 2 anniversary to come out. Very disappointed in it at the moment. Also how come there was playlist for 2 3 and 4 by themselves but no CE multiplayer by itself it would be nice to just go to any of the 4 games multiplayer to play.

^ I was wondering this too. At first I thought that maybe it was because CE was released before xbl ever came out, so maybe it was an issue with online services with such an old engine, but it's available in other modes, like team slayer. You guys should make it available as it's own. I wanna shoot people in Blood Gultch.

Get rid of the stupid vote system for halo 2 .... It wasn't in the original game and shouldn't be in this one! everyone is voting the same map and same dumbass slayer. The game should also be 4v4!!!!! not 5v5.... That isn't halo. Get your stuff together 343 your ruining a huge thing here.

Edited by The Director
Language

Can't connect to my friend. Both our NAT are open. Our connections are great but we can't seem to join each other in the lobby the one time we were joined we backed out and got separated and couldn't join again. So dumb. Halfway through a game we can't hear eachother anymore. We got put on opposite teams. I don't understand why they gotta take a great franchise and completely SCREW it up. Don't even get me started on the fact they took away halo 4 multiplayer while they "fix" these problems. Right...

Connection issues here as well. Almost all of the times I've tried, it never connects me. I have learned that if you back out into the Xbox dashboard, exit the game, and restart it, that it seems to find the first match fairly quickly (in less than two minutes.) After that first game though, it stops working altogether and I have to do the process all over again. Even though it has seemed to help some, it's a tedious process that's just annoying and unnecessary.

I also have had problems connecting with friends. Right now, we can't even join up. And whenever I try to invite the other, it says they went offline.

I realize that a game with this popular of a fan base is bound to run into some problems post launch, but this is getting ridiculous.

343, gonna let you finish but....

.....Bungie did it better 10 years ago.

343, how dare you mishandle such a franchise. You were blessed with this opportunity and have done nothing but squander it.

Major screw-ups:

1. Constant crashing --- We are playing on next-gen consoles, what's the deal?

2. Lack of consistency - Us players are lucky to first A) Get the party together, cool.png Actually find a game and then C) When that game is over, have to back completely out and restart the entire process of re-inviting, hoping it works, and then restart the queue process.

3. Game mechanics - When has it EVER taken 3 melee's to kill someone? Grenade range --- Master Chief is a Spartan, not a little girl on a softball team. Shotgun --- A blast to the chest usually kills, somehow it doesn't now. SMG --- Dual-wield was a viable option, now it's a joke. Fix that.

4. Team Mechanics --- Whoever wrote the script for choosing teams should probably get re-evaluated. If that playlist says Max Player Size 10 but Max Party Size 4, are you just going to throw 2 randoms in a group? What happened to the ideal of a TEAM based game? 3 friends and I continuously attempt to play together, and once we get past the torture of inviting each other, having to completely kill Halo and restart from scratching, we finally get a game together, and once the game ends, and somehow the magical lobby keeps everyone in, we still get separated and have to play against each other, instead of together. What kind of r-tardness is that?

5. Continuous Level Reset - For someone, ranking has no matter right now. I personally have been reset to level 1 6 times, highest ranking allowed was 11, and that was a lot of wait time to even play the games to get that high. 

6. Many more objections and rants, but I am writing this while waiting for a game to start-up. I have been following your guideline for "restart search after 4 minutes." Thankfully, when our group was on, we only had to back out once after each game.

The only positive outlooks ----

1. Campaign looks great. At least y'all didn't screw that up.

P.S.

Bring back the original playlists and separate playlists ---- I am tired of playing Team BRs on Warlord. 

You guys should go and sell peanuts on the beach instead of spoiling these games.

multiplayer is just unplayable the hoster is far too strong.

how can you loose a game 50 to 4 with a guy at 35 kills... horible lag its a shame 70euros for such a s.... . U guys are kidding nice publicity fir the 5.continue and u will definitly finish to ruine the game as you did

if this is the reason I bought an xbox one over a PS4 because i firmly believed in MS's cloud, server and networking ability I probably made a BIG mistake.

open NAT, strong router, and Thursday morning NO games....East Coast NJ.....why not bring the list down to one map and see if you can handle that...

Well, just got into a HALO 3 match..it reduced it down to 4 players...map never loaded and all 4 of us had their screens locked...I am in NJ, one guy was in Chicago, the other in NC and the other played nevered answered his mic.....probaly stunned that he just bought this game and got hosed for 60 bucks...

hi 343, hi everyone. at first my english isn't good as my german, but i hope everyone understand me.

1. at EVERY online match (halo 2 anniversary playlist) the game freezes at the loading screen after the matches. i have no chance to see the detailed match results and i'am not sure if the results counts because after 2 winning rounds i'm still rank 1.

2. why are so often matches filled with 7 (4vs3) or 9 (4vs5) people? why isn't the matchmaking waiting for more players? as i remember at halo 3 times, if they were too much players in the lobby to make same teams, one random player was kicked and his matchmaking restarts. in my opinion: after players found, the matchmaking switches too fast into the lobby. the matchmaking is now much faster than at the release (thx for that), but the results are not good.

greetings

• Like 1

Congratulations again 343! 

I bought an Xbox one just for MCC but since release I've found about three games after days of hopeful searching (even after your update). I've traded in MCC now for Battlefield and can safely say I'll probably not come back to Halo now.. You already had a great game to release and you managed to completely screw it up, its a bit similar to a man managing to drown himself in a desert, it doesn't happen, but you guys managed it! :D

Unfortunately, its not just the matchmaking, but even small things in the game are wrong, music glitching, crashing, invites not working, the halo channel forces me to watch map breakdowns" and the other day I managed to finish "1th" in ffa, is that a position you invented? I could go on forever. 

After Halo 4 I really did believe your next release would be great after all the abuse you got, but no you actually.

Next time you release a game make sure it is complete instead of releasing an alpha version....

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language
  • Like 1

Hello hello. As other's have stated in their postings there are quite a few bugs causing hiccups while trying to play. This is a list that I've encountered, some of which may have already been stated. I've also found that some regions are getting better when it comes to MM. Regardless.

1. Search times in any playlist are slow. Very slow.

2. When searching in a playlist, sometimes it isn't actually searching. It shows my "roster" as myself but no "searching for other player". Fixed by just backing to the menu then going back to "find a game".

3. In all playlist's uneven team starts. 6v4, 5v4,4v3 and even a 7v1.

4. Games ending early. Various games have been Team Slayer (50 kills) but have ended at 10, 25, 30, 38 etc. Even with even teams. Mainly seen in Halo 2 Classic. 

5. Can't vote when looking at customization page. It will show me the maps to vote in, but there is no way to select.

6. Game crashing after a win. It seems like this happens more in H2A playlists. 

7. Halo CE- Buggy shot registration, XBC had less issues.

8. Game's ending in loading screen. 

9. Can't connect to host while searching alone (?) Awkward.

10. Halo 3 controller configuration. Regardless of what I set it to, under universal or "classic" settings, RB is always weapon swap. 

11. Random controller changes. 15 times now mid game my controller will change to Legacy Southpaw. Wut.

12. Losing my party after custom games/random party leader selected. 

That's just a brief summary of the more annoying issues I've encountered. Hopefully with the new updates some of these can be flattened out, oh and can we remove SMG starts on specific maps for Slayer? *Cough, Zanzibar. 

its been 4 days since Masterchief has been released and the so-called latest update.  And we still cant barely get into a game until maybe 30 min of a search.   No it  has nothing to to do  w my internet connection I have Fios 50 with speeds  50 over 50.  In the last 4 days I may have gotten into maybe 4 incoherent multiplayer games out of 250 searches.  that's ignorant, 343 should have already had this fixed before ppl spent there hard earned money and time and resources and don't forget.  If you get into a game there is an 85% chance u or your pard disconnects from server and then there is the issue if you r partnered up with a crew every time you are the party leader and you back out of the search, to find a new search, it automatically brakes the party, up and every one that was in your party has to rejoin back up again not like it was in previous halos where the party stays TOGETHER and you can also plick up  players if you played well with them from your last game . Cause sometime in this one  it glitches and ppl have to restart the game, cause it still reads ppl as in the party when they are not.  You see how how much of a hastle this game has become.   And then sometimes it get stuck on the connecting to your game, and u have to restart the game once again, what were they thinking?  

• Like 1

I won't bother writing down all the bugs and crashes I had to endure during the Halo:CE campaign alone. I even had to restart a whole chapter because upon loading my save game, the Xbox One would just crash to the home screen, accompanied by a loud buzzing sound. Achievements not popping up, faulty collision detection. Oh..and then I tried multiplayer. Like most of us: in vain. This product has clearly been rushed and 343 should be ashamed, like Ubisoft should be for Unity. If this is becoming the norm, to use us, gamers, as imbeciles or cheap beta testers, well, you've totally misjudged your audience. I'm done with Halo. I'm returnign this faulty product (there's not even the MP on disc...!!!) and Halo 5 can kiss my..you know what. And if this trend continues I won't bother with gaming ever again. I think a couple of consumer rights are in dire need of changing and updating with media like games. Thanks 343 for all the frustration!

• Like 1

I literally only bought an Xbox one for halo. And now the one game I have been waiting for months to play does not work whatsoever. The few online matches I did get in were completely unbalanced and not fun to play. Now I can try for over an hour and not get a single game. 

I literally only bought an Xbox one for halo. And now the one game I have been waiting for months to play does not work whatsoever. The few online matches I did get in were completely unbalanced and not fun to play. Now I can try for over an hour and not get a single game.

Apparently the mods decided to delete half of my comment. Probably because I used a curse word that was spelled out in asterisks. Or maybe because of a point that I tried to get across which is DO NOT preorder video games. Developers will continue to walk all over their consumers if they know we will buy without knowing if the game even works.
  • Like 1

Ok first off this isnt from a new kid coming to halo this is coming from a guy that has played halo since halo 1 was released when i was a little kid and my brother brought it home for christmas and we stayed up till 5 in the morning just playing 1v1s over and over and over along with the endless amount of hours on halo 2 trying to get above a 35 with all of the modders and standbyers out there to halo 3 getting a 50 in every place to halo 4's trash of a game as well (didnt mention reach because of the disgusting video game it was compared to halo 2 and 3)

now to my complaints about this game 

First off mathmaking times have increased since launch only because the removal of playlists not a complete fix a temporary here ya go im sorry for the struggle here lets remove somethings to help you nothing set in stone 

second nobody wants to play a matchmaking playlists where you go in with your friends and they end up on the other team the point of bringing in my friends is because i trust them in matchmaking instead of the randoms i get paired up with especially in ranked when im trying to rank it up 

Rank in anniversary is broken officially today 

now my friend was telling me a story of how last when he was playing he got matched up 1v4 and how he said **** this i dont want to play so he quit he was a lvl 11 went down to a lvl 6 i found it hilarious and the dumbest thing i ever heard about halo but then i experienced it........ wasnt so funny anymore i was a 14 and i got matched up 1v4 quit i went down to 9... 

For months i have been saying somehow some way 343 was going to **** this up and they did 

yea we like having all 4 campaigns and all 4 games put into one but what we remembered and loved was being able to play to get that 50 being able to party up with friends cuz we knew we could get there not go into 2v3 games or 1v4 or whatever combination youve been put into and then lose ranks over it 

they might have brought back a 1-50 ranking structure in one playlist but matchmaking is broken Ive been looking forward to this for months and months being able to get 50's again now i dont even want to purchase halo 5 let alone play this anymore 

everyone is getting tired of this all my friends complain no one on my lists has said i like the way matchmaking is set up basically its about customs again and thats fine with me thats the only reason i would keep this game is for gamebattles i wont step foot in to matchmaking until this resolved theres no point in going in and playing and loosing while i go 20-5 and my teammates die 45 times and i lose rank i want my friends to play with me ON THE SAME TEAM!

Bump this and lets get the old halo back in matchmaking not this piece of **** of an excuse they will get the same numbers that they had in halo 4 low in every playlist except 2 of them  

• Like 1

disconnects from other players while playing co-op randomly, game lag is insane in co-op almost unplayable not enjoyable at all, played with friend from Canada (i'm in UK) CE co-op froze 3 times disconnected 3 times and like i said the lag on non host game was nuts, my friend was streaming on twitch at the time and the closer we got to the end the worse it got, luckily the members in the room were mostly ok about it. my buddy chris tried playing co-op with his bro who lives like 6 miles away told me he had similar issues but not as bad, You have to shut the xbox off and restart it to fix the freeze and thats so not cool, never had this on 360. next gen my ass. My 1st experience playing the original CE all those years ago was amazing, my Canadian friends 1st experience was anything but, and it was viewed by a few hundred ppl. 343 shape up.