Ask about Halo Lore

Buns

Are you struggling to tell the difference between the Yohnet and Kig-Yar?

Don't know what the Forerunner caste system is?

Didn't understand why Contact Harvest had farming equipment?

Well you've come to the right place! 

Just ask your question below and get an answer! If you know the answer to a question then answer it!

Some guidelines before asking a question

​+Please specify what part of Halo your question is about. If it about the comics, Say so! If it is about the novels, Say so!

+ Please keep your comment titled "Question about " and place the question in a spoiler box. This is to prevent well... spoilers

Some guidelines before answering a question

+ALWAYS quote the person you're answering

+ Please keep your comment titled "Answer" and place the question in a spoiler box. This is to prevent well... spoilers

+If you're unsure about your answer then please make that clear(it would also help looking up a source for your info if you're unsure)

Keep in mind when reading this thread you're at the risk of spoilers so view at your own digression! 

• Like 1

In dollars.

Since supplies aren't an actual currency we can use a comparison to Ensembles other game(Age Of Empires) which used Gold as their currency

Using conversions from the internet I concluded that a Scorpion tank costs roughly $+22k~

It is impossible to give an exact estimate unless I have data on the composition of the Scorpion Tank(which we don't)

I'm not going to let anyone stump me. 

What is the lbs per square inch, of methane gas on average, does an Unggoy breather tank holds?

This requires me to actually perform Trig and math which I can do tomorrow. I promise you I can get an answer! (unless another Math wiz wants to take a look) Great question btw!

How did the Grunts make their way into the Covenant?

Here ya go!

Around 2142(Human calender time) The Covenant encountered the Unggoy(Grunts) on their Homeworld of Balaho. They started off as a slave race(and still are) but eventually due to a variety of events would become part of the Covenant military force.(which could be answered too)

This requires me to actually perform Trig and math which I can do tomorrow. I promise you I can get an answer! (unless another Math wiz wants to take a look) Great question btw!

Here ya go!

Around 2142(Human calender time) The Covenant encountered the Unggoy(Grunts) on their Homeworld of Balaho. They started off as a slave race(and still are) but eventually due to a variety of events would become part of the Covenant military force.(which could be answered too)

Thank you!

• Like 1

I haz another question ^_^ In Halo 2, Mercy mentioned something about Taming of the Hunters and the Grunt Rebellion, could you explain that?

The Taming of the Hunters were when the Covenant first encountered the Hunters, or 'Lekgolo' as they are actually called. These monsters are in reality a bunch of worms that have a hive mind and fit into the shell of the Hunter that you see in the game. When they were first met, these guys were beasts, unbound by the religious ideal state apparatus the Prophets would enforce on them later on. So they fought a war. And then they got tamed and joined the covenant.

The Grunt Rebellion was an attempted revolution that lead to a series of deadly battles. Grunts, or Unggoy as they are really named, were fed up for their being the lowest of the low caste in the Covenant. Comparable to a slave rebellion, they lashed out, and what they lacked in strength they made up in their numbers. After these battles, the Sangheili (Elites) were so impressed with Unggoy passion and willpower in fighting that they were granted much higher ranks in the covenant (Examples include the grunts in the strike team who followed the Arbiter on his first mission in Halo 2)

Both of these events were notable due to the massive damage - and the fact that an Arbiter had to be produced to quell the fighting.

Edited by Cerulean
  • Like 1

The Taming of the Hunters were when the Covenant first encountered the Hunters, or 'Lekgolo' as they are actually called. These monsters are in reality a bunch of worms that have a hive mind and fit into the shell of the Hunter that you see in the game. When they were first met, these guys were beasts, unbound by the religious ideal state apparatus the Prophets would enforce on them later on. So they fought a war. And then they got tamed and joined the covenant.

The Grunt Rebellion was an attempted revolution that lead to a series of deadly battles. Grunts, or Unggoy as they are really named, were fed up for their being the lowest of the low caste in the Covenant. Comparable to a slave rebellion, they lashed out, and what they lacked in strength they made up in their numbers. After these battles, the Sangheili (Elites) were so impressed with Unggoy passion and willpower in fighting that they were granted much higher ranks in the covenant (Examples include the grunts in the strike team who followed the Arbiter on his first mission in Halo 2)

Both of these events were notable due to the massive damage - and the fact that an Arbiter had to be produced to quell the fighting. 

Really interesting, thank you! ^_^

How many people or Elites are required to commandeer a Scarab? What are the chairs for?  

One.

Chairs are for sitting.

Why is this thread being hijacked by other forum members?  :D

Why does the Unsc downgrade its military vehicles?

1. It isn't. I know what you mean by that question; the answer was always in the OP.

2. They don't. 

In the games why does the design of things change randomly in the halo timeline?

Aesthetic variation. As the games progress, the devs wished to change the look of the game to make it more appealing. In some games, this also meant a different variant of the thing itself (example being Assault Rifles from Halo:CE all the way to Halo 4)

The vehicles in Halo wars are very durable but yet Halo 4s they are not. :)

That is for gameplay balancing reasons

But in real life the vehicles in Halo 4 are superior to most modern day vehicles because

1. They're built to withstand Alien weaponry 

2. They are capable of traversing multiple planets despite the difference in conditions 

3. They're compact, and are designed to be transported easily while also still being built tough. 

There are plenty more but remember. A Scorpion Tank over an Abrams anyday!

• Like 1