Elites in halo 5 multiplayer?

Spartan3lover98

Yes, I definitely want Elites in multiplayer. They were cool and added variety. And there were times when I just plain felt like wanting to play as one.

But they should be allowed in all gametypes, not just some. And they should be able to mix in with Spartans freely and randomly on teams.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that war games is supposed to be the reason why spartans fight because it's training but we have some elites on our side so can't they just say the elites are training with the spartans?

Ok look to everyone who is saying Elites cannot be in multiplayer. As far as we know the Elites are working with the UNSC we know this because of the beginning and ending of the H2A. So the elites could train with Spartans in the war games. Also some people are saying the elites are nit capable of using the new abilities, GUYS listen they have done it before in previous games...

With everything that we have seen, Halo 5 just does not look Elite suited. I'm 95% positive on this one. Halo 5 seems way too Spartan centric to have Elites be playable in MP. I just don't see it happening unless it's a special mode like Invasion 2.0 or something. I mean, there's room for surprise to show me Elites, I don't see it happening though. It's really tu bad, I wanted them to be a part of MP so badly again.

I'll miss you elites! I'll always love you! :cray:

I really can't understand playing as an Elite in multiplayer. Honestly, in Halo 3 only the worst played aS Elites. The players who typically, though admittedly not always, were too unskilled to keep up with other players on a level playing field. I'm sorry for offending everybody, but that's just the truth. The Elite character model had a number of unfair advantages, blatant handicaps, and altered the fairness of the game. It was NOT simply and aesthetic difference. The very hit-box of an elite is different than a Spartan.

Multiplayer should be a front based on giving all players an even field of opportunity and then letting player skill take over from there. Thats how multiplayer Halo was always designed to be, and the addition of Elites was a massive oversight of this idea by previous developer, Bungie.

While the argument can be made that the tendency of players who chose to play as Spartans tended to vastly surpass those playing as Elites, and so the playing field evened itself out anyway, it was still a largely unfair advantage.

Some of these unfair advantages are:

-The Elite head was far more difficult to hit from behind

-The Elite body was overly predominant over the model and the head was at an awkward position for multiplayer. The hit box for the head sat low on the model, and was less defined and more difficult to work around with accuracy weapons.

-It has been proven that there was at least one spot on the Elite model that was literally, or indeed very close to, invincible. As in dealing damage to that part of the model would do either no or very low damage. This area was one that was quite easy to hit for other players, so it was a bit of an issue.

Note that it was VERY common practice in Halo 3 to switch character models for the SWAT gametype to an Elite because it was know that the Elite was harder to score head shots on.

Also, Halo 3 Elites in multiplayer didn't make dimensional sense when compared to the Elites of the campaigns of other games. Notice how Elites are in fact a good bit bigger than Spartans. So Halo 3 Elites made no sense. This is probably a good bit of the reason why they have been left out of the recent games multiplayer-wise.

Sorry guys, its just a bad idea.

They must put them in that is all I can post. :)

I mean at least for Machinima purposes.  Or Invasion 

Now to correct the topic creator.

Elites and the Unsc are not "allies" but on the outside it appears to be as if they are somewhat.

Read Glasslands and all the other books in that trilogy and you will see what I mean.

Oni ( the governing body of the Unsc ) wants the Elites to be stuck in a Civil war that will decimate the entire race so they can never threaten humanity again.

So they are not allies with one another, Arbiters elites and the Unsc have a very uneasy true.

I really can't understand playing as an Elite in multiplayer. Honestly, in Halo 3 only the worst played aS Elites. The players who typically, though admittedly not always, were too unskilled to keep up with other players on a level playing field. I'm sorry for offending everybody, but that's just the truth. The Elite character model had a number of unfair advantages, blatant handicaps, and altered the fairness of the game. It was NOT simply and aesthetic difference. The very hit-box of an elite is different than a Spartan.

Multiplayer should be a front based on giving all players an even field of opportunity and then letting player skill take over from there. Thats how multiplayer Halo was always designed to be, and the addition of Elites was a massive oversight of this idea by previous developer, Bungie.

While the argument can be made that the tendency of players who chose to play as Spartans tended to vastly surpass those playing as Elites, and so the playing field evened itself out anyway, it was still a largely unfair advantage.

Some of these unfair advantages are:

-The Elite head was far more difficult to hit from behind

-The Elite body was overly predominant over the model and the head was at an awkward position for multiplayer. The hit box for the head sat low on the model, and was less defined and more difficult to work around with accuracy weapons.

-It has been proven that there was at least one spot on the Elite model that was literally, or indeed very close to, invincible. As in dealing damage to that part of the model would do either no or very low damage. This area was one that was quite easy to hit for other players, so it was a bit of an issue.

Note that it was VERY common practice in Halo 3 to switch character models for the SWAT gametype to an Elite because it was know that the Elite was harder to score head shots on.

Also, Halo 3 Elites in multiplayer didn't make dimensional sense when compared to the Elites of the campaigns of other games. Notice how Elites are in fact a good bit bigger than Spartans. So Halo 3 Elites made no sense. This is probably a good bit of the reason why they have been left out of the recent games multiplayer-wise.

Sorry guys, its just a bad idea.

Argh guys I didnt mean to repost that im sorry I meant to say that He is COMPELETY wrong about everything he said (Sykohtik) I played as a elite and was OWNING EVERYONE so dont you dare say people who played as elites suck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Sykohtik, everything you said is an opimion. Elites belonging in multiplayer is an opinion. Elites being better or worse is an opinion. The hitbox is slightly bugged because of the Elite mold, but it only bothers if you hit a specific small spot on the neck.

It depends on the players to see which species is better, they both have equal chances. I want Elites in multiplayer because it's cool to be a big, monster type thing :D and it would be especially cool with the new graphics and armor, and hopefully full custimazation!! :D

Personally to me it depends on the storyline. In Halo 2, 3 and Reach there (to me) wasn't too much of a reason to play as them but it is a giant whatever for me.

If they come back then they come back. If they don't then they don't. But if they do I hope it is for a better reason than just fan service.