Game doesn't advance past the title screen

I have not seen this particular issue anywhere, is this just me?

I have the digital version of the game and when I get to the initial title screen and hit the MENU Button (or the A Button), that screen just disappears and I am left looking at the space scene behind it.  It still animates.  I have tried fully re-downloading the game (which was a pain itself) and it still does not work.  I have tried being online, offline and nothing seems to work.  Is there some sort of cache trick I can do or something?

Also, I noticed that the 10.8 MB pre-order thing is in the READY TO INSTALL area, but I cannot do anything.  Don't know if that's somehow related.

Well I am sorry to hear your having such an issue with the game.  I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue though.  We are a Community Fan forum, and if you can't find any members who can help you here, you might also want to go over to halowaypoint and ask there as well, as you may have a greater chance of 343i seeing it and getting actual company support.

I have not seen this particular issue anywhere, is this just me?

I have the digital version of the game and when I get to the initial title screen and hit the MENU Button (or the A Button), that screen just disappears and I am left looking at the space scene behind it.  It still animates.  I have tried fully re-downloading the game (which was a pain itself) and it still does not work.  I have tried being online, offline and nothing seems to work.  Is there some sort of cache trick I can do or something?

Also, I noticed that the 10.8 MB pre-order thing is in the READY TO INSTALL area, but I cannot do anything.  Don't know if that's somehow related.

Try re-installing the game

This may also push forward the pre-order install as well