Halo 2 Remastered?

Alright, it all makes sense to remaster Halo 2 to be put on the 360, I mean it was our first real big online experience, 16 player online, the original CTF online and everything that made the Halo series really peak. When Zanzibar was first indroduced. All of it. It would be stupid not to make a remastered edition. I also want Achievements for it without getting the PC version and playing it. Anyone got any thoughts? I think it would come out in like 2013 or 2014.

i hope so it would be dumb not to

Alright, it all makes sense to remaster Halo 2 to be put on the 360, I mean it was our first real big online experience, 16 player online, the original CTF online and everything that made the Halo series really peak. When Zanzibar was first indroduced. All of it. It would be stupid not to make a remastered edition. I also want Achievements for it without getting the PC version and playing it. Anyone got any thoughts? I think it would come out in like 2013 or 2014.

They need to remake Halo 2 for xbox It was best Halo, I loved the story to it!

I believe Halo 2 to be absolute garbage (aside from a few moments in the campaign), so I personally wouldn't care for a remake. The game was good when it was released, but had a severe lack of polish. The campaign felt unfinished (to me), and the multiplayer was filled with glitches, a lot of aim assist, bigger hitboxes, and at times felt like the hit detection was way off (probably due to the host having an advantage) They could polish it up in a remastering, but I still don't know if I'd be interested.

I believe they are remastering the entire trilogy... at one point or another.

• 1 month later...

Wow, there have been a lot of replies in here since I posted this like 3 months ago lol.

*On topic*

I just think with all the new graphics made to, for example, Zanzibar being remade into Last Resort in H3, or the remake I did in Reach. The drastic changes made make me want a brand new revamped edition. Mainly because for one. The reason Anniversary is coming out is because its the 10th anniversary and a lot of people never played Halo's roots because it was a Xbox original. Halo 2, same thing. I don't see a point of remaking Halo 3, because its still on a current gen system. I think just Halo 2 should be remade as a final remake, the rest look good enough to leave alone. In my opinion

I'd love a Halo 2 remake. Some people say they hated it, but those people only like Halo for MC. I loved the chance to play as the covenant,and the cutscenes with the gravemind were awesome. I'd also like it because I want all the games remastered, for campaign playthroughs with my friends.

The limit of remastering the games should end at Halo 3. If they try and remaster ODST eventually, they should extend the storyline and fix a lot up. It was to short and confusing and slow. But me being a hardcore halo fan, I will be happy if they just fix the messed up things. Overall I want Halo 2 multiplayer back

Rendering at a higher resolution and putting online would be perfect, an XBLA title if anything. Quick turn around, profit, etc.

I'd not want to see the multiplayer touched in any way. If it were to be, most definitely would not want to see any other engine implemented, but instead to be a 1:1 remake.

I'd love a Halo 2 remake. Some people say they hated it, but those people only like Halo for MC. I loved the chance to play as the covenant,and the cutscenes with the gravemind were awesome. I'd also like it because I want all the games remastered, for campaign playthroughs with my friends.

Wrong. I despise the Master Chief, yet I dislike Halo 2. The MC of Halo: CE was alright, but Halo 2 and Halo 3 turned him into some supposed "badass". I never felt like he was a badass. I felt like he was and is an absolutely boring character. His lines never have any real emotion or weight to them (except for maybe a few in CE), and I feel no sympathy or emotional attachment to him. That automatically proves that statement of yours wrong. I like Halo because I enjoy the gameplay. That's why I enjoy Halo. I dislike Halo 2 because it was unfinished, unpolished, glitchy, and the campaign was boring. That's why I dislike Halo 2.

Halo 2 was definitely the best online experience I have ever had. It was what started online gaming for me and I have never looked back. It was the only game I played for years. I mean really people when was the last time you played just one game for years. When I was playing Halo 2 I played no other game. If I heard another game was coming yeah I would read the review, might check it out at my friends house but I never bought or played another game until Halo 3 came out. I will be honest, I have since fell victim to the call of duty bandwagon, but I am only human. I went away from Halo 3 when MW2 came out. I didn't leave it cause it was better but cause everyone else did. I am proud to say that I am back with Halo and will never make the mistake again. What I am trying to say here is that we need games at don't have follow ups every year. We need to have great games that take time to make and that came be played for years. Halo 2 is my favorite game of all time. Thank you Bungie for some of the life long friends I have made and the provides memories you have given me and countless others. Those there the best times of my life.

• Like 2

Wrong. I despise the Master Chief, yet I dislike Halo 2. The MC of Halo: CE was alright, but Halo 2 and Halo 3 turned him into some supposed "badass". I never felt like he was a badass. I felt like he was and is an absolutely boring character. His lines never have any real emotion or weight to them (except for maybe a few in CE), and I feel no sympathy or emotional attachment to him. That automatically proves that statement of yours wrong. I like Halo because I enjoy the gameplay. That's why I enjoy Halo. I dislike Halo 2 because it was unfinished, unpolished, glitchy, and the campaign was boring. That's why I dislike Halo 2.

That's not true at all. Most people do love halo JUST because of MC badass. I personally think he is my favorite because I have read all the books and beaten all the games. I know a lot about him and his struggles, he has gone through a lot, and I think he is awesome because of it, a lot of other people would agree.

I also love Halo 2, it was the first game I actually delved into and found all the secrets hidden in the game. I can probably find every cool secret and place even though I haven't actually played it in like 3 years.

That's not true at all. Most people do love halo JUST because of MC badass. I personally think he is my favorite because I have read all the books and beaten all the games. I know a lot about him and his struggles, he has gone through a lot, and I think he is awesome because of it, a lot of other people would agree.

I also love Halo 2, it was the first game I actually delved into and found all the secrets hidden in the game. I can probably find every cool secret and place even though I haven't actually played it in like 3 years.

What isn't true at all?

Yeah, he said some people dont want a remastered edition, but those people only like halo for MC. You said he was wrong. So I said that he was actually right.

No, I think you need to re read what he said. You're obviously misreading what he's saying. He said that some people dislike Halo 2, and that they only dislike it because they like the MC. That's what he said. I replied stating that I dislike Halo 2, yet I dislike the MC as well. I said he was wrong because of that, which he is.