Gravity Bow

RandyROFLSTOMP

The Gravity Bow is the Brute Sniper analog.  Unlike traditional snipers, which are headshot capable and have a high magnification scope, the Gravity Bow has no scope and can kill with just one bodyshot.  The Gravity Bow must be fully charged to fire and will automatically fire the instant it is fully charged.  The projectile deals two shield layers worth of direct impact damage but no splash damage.  

In addition to damage, the Gravity Bow's projectiles also deliver a push back effect.  Light and medium vehicles can be tipped over depending on where they are impacted.  A movable object, like a crate, can be pushed back with enough force to splatter a player hiding behind it.

There is no cooldown period after firing so the weapon can immediately begin charging as soon as the previous shot is fired.  The projectile travels at a very fast speed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very similar to the UNSC Rail Gun which I'm very fond of so I wouldn't mind something like being added for the Brutes. Although seeing as their traits are like their name I don't see them using this type of weapon. It's why I think they have the Hammer for a melee weapon.

On a side note I would love for the UNSC to come up with a melee type weapon.

I would think the Brutes would adopt a more brutal, crude, medieval kind of weapon. Take a look at all of their weapon or weapon variants. Your suggestion is too much like the UNSC Rail Gun and not Brutish enough, need something different. The "Bow" is a good idea though, for it is an old style weapon, one perhaps the Brutes could be fond of. If the projectile is similar to a giant arrow (or black arrow from LOTR, used to damage ancient Dragons) it would be very cool. Thing is, a bow is kinda not the style of a Brute. Sit back and snipe? No no, a Brute wants to be in on the action, taste the blood and smell the fear secreted by their enemies.

Brute Shot: Has a sharp, curved blade for a powerful melee. Simple explosive grenades as well.

Gravity Hammer: An enhanced hammer. Pure futuristic melee weapon. The "gravity" addition makes sense with a hammer...something that inflicts damage with kinetic energy powered by muscle would benefit from some tech buffs. In this instance, additional gravity/force/anti-gravity tech.

Spiker: Perhaps a nod to prehistoric/pre-Covenant Brute weapondry, this weapon is crude by intention. Propels giant, super-heated spikes to pierce, burn, and impale targets. An ideal Brute weapon, fundamentally.

Brute Plasma Rifle: Perhaps the least Brute of any known Brute affiliated weapon. It fires faster and thus overbears the tech faster, a nod to the Brute's impatience and lust for violence at the cost of weapon efficiency. Also can be seen as an argumentative move against the Elites. Brutes taking their place in the Covenant, and changing/defacing the Elite's weapons.

If the Brutes were to have a Sniper weapon, it would have to have a crude edge to it. A weapon like the Railgun wouldn't fit because it is simply too much like UNSC and their preferred tech. Sleek, fast, efficient, futuristic. The Brutes would use a more brutal weapon, with simpler tech that can inflict gruesome, or perhaps gory, injuries.

All in all, I do not think a sniper weapon would fit the Brutes. Maybe a mid-range weapon, but not a sniping.

Actually, I like this idea and can see Brutes using it. It seems balanced enough, and a bow can look Brutishly crude if designed right. The arrow could be extremely spiky, maybe pyramid-like with some gaps in it to reduce weight, each edge of the pyramid being extended and sharp, and a few spikes on it for good measure.

Blades could be attached to the top and bottom of the bow for extra melee damage and Brutishness as well.

I actually can see them using this, as a secondary. If they berserk, they drop it and pull a Spiker while charging.

Brutes do not use long range weaponry, they're close quarters, prideful fighters, too impatient... And too incompetent, to use long range weaponry. Their personalities and builds don't synergize with anything but the weaponry they have had so far. I do like the balancing of the weapon itself, does seem kinda like a Binary Rifle + Boltshot, but okay... Though I'm sure it'll be murderous in multiplayer. X_x

Honestly, canonically speaking brutes don't use precision weapons, and they detest those that do. It's pretty well known what the think of the Kig-Yar, who are the designated snipers of the Covenant. They actually don't even like guns at all, but used them so that they could 'upshow' the elites to the Prophets and prove their dominance.

I don't see the brutes making something like this.

• Like 1

^

Times have changed since then. :)

The Covenant has disbanded. Elites have changed because of this so why not Brutes. As Elites and Brutes no longer have the ability to make half decent arms and armour.

So must fall back on other things. Such as the Storm rifle ( that attempts to replace the now rare Plasma rifle )

Brutes don't need to snipe. Even if the option was there, what Brute would choose to snipe? Even Elites don't like to snipe.

Elites haven't changed really, they have always been adaptable fighters. The only thing diff now is they aren't fawning over San Shyuum to make weapons and tech for them. So they are becoming what they were before the Prophets...proud Elites who look up to Arbiters.

Brutes will be Brutes, they are huge, powerful, daunting, impatient, thirsty for war, their history reflects that. They aren't becoming calm, logical, and thoughtful b/c the Covenant failed, they will most likely fall apart with fighting.

• 4 weeks later...