HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare

Sputnik117

This klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.

My comment on that video:
So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.

(End of comment)

How are you guys on this forum fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?

We're not actually 343i we're just a fansite.

Changes happen. Maybe for better or for worse? I think we should wait for the Halo 5 Beta to roll around before being too critical.

And plus if you don't like Halo 5. You always got MCC and all your classic Halo experiences!

• Like 5

I for one think the new system is refreshing and doing what COD can't do. All the new features can contribute to many community projects and ideas.

New abilities for incredible screenshotting.

The potential for parkour maps and insane tactics as well as inconceivable trick jump montages is poo inducing.

The aiming system will even bring gamers from other preferred franchises/games to enjoy it.

The population boom will be quite the thing to see.

• Like 1

I watched the first 30 seconds of gameplay and thought it looks like CoD, like it resembles it very much although I will support Halo all the way. I still think that Halo 5: Guardians will be a great game and won't fail us, don't let the gameplay shown in the BETA discourage you to buy this tank of a game bro :D!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not ADS. There is no penalty to regular firing when not Smart Scoping. Smart Scoping has only the same amount of aim enhancement as regular scoping did, and with no reduction of movement speed.

Basically, it's a reskin of scoping. Whether you prefer the old view or the new view is up to you. But whether it affects gameplay or not is not up to you. It does not change how scoping works, and that is a fact.

Correction, ADS is actual ADS.  They stated there will be a varrying difference between hip fire and using ADS.  Halo has always had an instant scope_mask for zooming, including binoculars for when a weapon had no scope.  In the clip there is no instant zooming, as you have to wait for the animation to play, bringing the scope up to your eye.  If it was instant or simply as you called it, "a re-skin", then you wouldn't see the animation.

• Like 1

Watch the video. They don't slow down when scoping. Also, I've seen no such statement.

There is an animation for regular scoping too, takes about a second. Smart scope animation takes no longer or only a split second longer. In addition, it affects all players completely equally, so it's not like it's unfair if the latter is the case.

EDIT: Just rewatched the video. It doesn't take any longer at all.

lmao you have no idea about how scoping works.  Scoping in halo has never been an animation.  It's a HUD widget call from bitmaps.  That video clearly shows an animation of the weapon scope being lowered and raise with the br, as well as the model for non-scope weapons such as the magnum, using a combination of camera panning as well as the model being drawn to the middle of view. 

The zooming in is what I was calling an animation. It doesn't instantly snap to a zoomed perspective, it takes a split second to move forward all the way. Much like with the whole animation in Halo 5.

If it was actual ADSing, standard fire would be inaccurate as hell and people would move really slowly while scoped. It's a cosmetic change, nothing more.

The only thing that gives it even an inkling of resemblance to CoD is the Iron Sights on the weapons without Smart Scope (Magnum). The new abilities such as clamber, ground pound, and thruster can be traced back to older, turn of the century games -- not just CRYSIS,Titanfall, CoD:AW, and Halo 4 (Thrusters); they originated in old, 3rd person RPG's, FYI (perhaps not ground pound). 

Complaining about things such as: the spartan telecom, auto callouts, emblems, announcer, etc, is silly, because those things have such a small change that game testers could determine the problems. I'm sure they'll add the ability to toggle those options. 

The zooming in is what I was calling an animation. It doesn't instantly snap to a zoomed perspective, it takes a split second to move forward all the way. Much like with the whole animation in Halo 5.

If it was actual ADSing, standard fire would be inaccurate as hell and people would move really slowly while scoped. It's a cosmetic change, nothing more.

I know for a fact that the accuracy improves on the sub machine gun when scoped. 

Correction, ADS is actual ADS.  They stated there will be a varrying difference between hip fire and using ADS.  Halo has always had an instant scope_mask for zooming, including binoculars for when a weapon had no scope.  In the clip there is no instant zooming, as you have to wait for the animation to play, bringing the scope up to your eye.  If it was instant or simply as you called it, "a re-skin", then you wouldn't see the animation.

I thought in the older Halo games, scoping wasn't instantaneous. Even if it's 1/4th a second, I could see it come up. How much slower is smart scope? 

I see movement in the old scope, but there's no 'animation' per se. First the box shrinks, and then the lines appear on the bottom -- there's no real transition. You can visibly see the smart scope go through all the phases. 

Edited by Henpen9

All the weapons are more accurate when scoped, Delpen. That's...kind of how it's always been.

But they didn't reduce unscoped accuracy from previous games.

That was only the precision weapons...  

The SMG had binoculars, but it wasn't a scope, so the accuracy didn't go up. 

One might actually state that CoD is becoming Halo. Which one had "super soldiers" in physically enhancing armor first? Which one had jetpacks first? Exactly...

Ok now I let this sit long enough to stop laughing at the stupidity here I will actually finish this post.

Who are you to decide what is and is not Halo? Who are any of us to decide that for everybody else? Only the games creator can say what is and is not Halo. Thus the title on the box. If you don't like it that is fine, but that doesn't make it any less Halo than any other Halo game out there.

The shear amount of arrogance in forum users to say what is and is not Halo is staggering to me. I truly do not understand where people like that get the idea that they have the power to stay what is and is not Halo for the entire community. I could be like this and say that CoD: Advanced Warfare isn't CoD anymore because I don't like it (granted I don't like any of the CoD games) but that doesn't make it true. CoD: Advanced Warfare is still CoD irregardless of my personal feelings on it. CoD is on the cover therefore it is a CoD game. Assassins Creed didn't magically stop being Assassins Creed when they went from AC1 to AC2 and so on... It is still Assassins Creed. Getting the picture yet?

As I said earlier, the game doesn't give a crap about you not liking it. You not liking it will not change that it is still Halo. Live with it. 

Edited by Vaulting♥Frog
  • Like 2

Too bad Halo also decides to put in aim down sights, a bunch of one hit kills, bumped up the kill-time, etc. etc.

Looking at all the footage out there, in a way, this is what I wanted Destiny to be. The reason I enjoyed older Halo games was because the gameplay was fast, fluid and based around the golden triangle. Now they've forced in a 4th pillar that reduces the size of the other three, and the abundance of automatic rifle usage has been blasted upwards because they have ADS now, which increases their accuracy at range.

Do I think it will be a good game? Yes. 

But I won't think of it the same way I think of other Halo games.

Edited by Cerulean
  • Like 1