Have you guys seen the Halo 5 leaked gameplay? What do you think of it?

Account not in use

So I just watched the leaked gameplay and I'm disappointed. Sprint is in the game but the main thing that makes me angry is that there is ADS in the game! That doesn't belong in halo >:( also the sword looks really...bad. Other than these things it looks alright.

What do you guys think if you have seen it?

Also I won't link it here because I'll get banned

• Like 1

So I just watched the leaked gameplay and I'm disappointed. Sprint is in the game but the main thing that makes me angry is that there is ADS in the game! That doesn't belong in halo > :( also the sword looks really...bad. Other than these things it looks alright.

What do you guys think if you have seen it?

Also I won't link it here because I'll get banned

I just looked it up and saw it. From what I saw, yes it looked like ADS, but it probably isn't. It could be like looking through the original scope of the Battle Rifle by clicking the zoom button, just with a different scope. So in simple wording: Same zoom function, different sight.

About the blade I saw for a split second, if you remember they introduced a new energy sword in H2A, so here could be different variants of the sword in the beta.

I don't think 343i would introduce ADS into Halo, knowing how vicious the Halo community can get, and what terrible feedback, they'd recieve. Then again, this is all pre-beta footage, with still over a year until the final game releases, so HUGE changes can come at anytime. Nothing we see is completely final.

Keep in mind this is in early stages, so a LOT of it is subject to change.

Sprint does not bother me, it speeds up the game so IMO it makes the game better.

ADS will probably not be in the game, they were probably just testing it, and seeing if it could work, hopefully they see it doesn't.

If not LOL gg 343i.

First, thank you for not posting the footage. If anyone wants to see it, just google it.

Frankly, Sprint is fine in Halo. It has become an incorporated part of the game, and is not an issue for me.

Based off of the footage, the game does not seem to be true ADS. It looks as if when you use the scope for the BR, that instead of the standard scoping in,, you also see the gun down the barrel. Although it looks a lot like ADS with a Red-Dot scope, it is different, especially because it is not burred around the edges. Additionally, the snap to ADS was instant, there is no transition visual, just straight to scope, just as previous Halo games have been. 

• Like 2

As long as ADS wasn't on anything besides a precision weapon wouldn't that be the exact same thing since the pistol in Halo: CE?

EDIT: Well I saw it, and it seems different. But I'm still going to wait till I see gameplay not on a potato. There's a beta, there's a year before release, so any gripes with this game can be dealt with. We are going to see on Monday anyway.

Someone should post the video here

I would but I don't want my account to get banned. Google something on the lines of 'halo 5 leaked gameplay'

Oh it looks like there have been more leaks! From what I can see it looks like non precision weapons won't get the 'ADS' (as expected) but I've noticed that there is some sort of 'dash' ability where the player quickly moves forward. Thruster pack maybe? Let me know if you've spotted anything else.

Additionally, the snap to ADS was instant, there is no transition visual, just straight to scope, just as previous Halo games have been. 

And that is the ugliest thing in the leaked footage to me. Scoping in instantly due to it being a HUD zoom? Understandable. Aiming down sights instantly? Stupid. If you want to raise your arms they don't magically go from lowered to raised. There's a motion, and it doesn't exist here.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great, I saw it, but the sprint is bad because it's too fast so it gives you an advantage and "smart scope"? Are they trying to copy COD? If they're trying to take Halo back to its roots, I think they're doing horrible at it. They REALLY need to work on this.

The gameplay otherwise seemed nice and the graphics were great.

It looks great, I saw it, but the sprint is bad because it's too fast so it gives you an advantage and "smart scope"? Are they trying to copy COD? If they're trying to take Halo back to its roots, I think they're doing horrible at it. They REALLY need to work on this.

The gameplay otherwise seemed nice and the graphics were great.

Smart Scope has been in the games since forever, its just a different animation, other wise called the zoom feature. But now its for all weapons...

Sprint I think is good.

• 2 weeks later...
Smart Scope has been in the games since forever, its just a different animation, other wise called the zoom feature. But now its for all weapons...

Sprint I think is good.

That's what I don't like.

Automatic weapons are meant to vibrate/shake and aren't supposed to have a scope or shoot with one.

Those are at least my thoughts.