Greetings ladies and gents, look I know I keep missing weeks, but now that my TACHS exams are over, I'm free, and I swear you'll get these every week. I do apologize for the inconvenience anyway though. Anyway, with The Master Chief Collection releasing next week I wanted to make this WNW dedicated to it, so prepare your bodies for the Weekly News Wrap-Up of the century. The Halo Hype Edition!

post-26953-0-48069700-1415504909.jpg

Halo: Escalation #14 Revealed!

Okay, I know this article is a few weeks old but I noticed it was never reported on and I needed a Halo spot to fill, so what better way to do it than with Escalation? Halo4Nation.com has the story, as the issue was recently revealed with some sweet coverart. This artwork (below) depicts Jul 'Mdama clawing open a UNSC door with brute strength, an energy sword donned in his other hand. This looks to be a depiction of a raid of some sort, possibly on a UNSC camp or laboratory. The description mentions Dr. Catherine Halsey's allegiance to Jul, possibly hinting at her return in this comic to exact her revenge on the UNSC. This is apparently a four part series that continues after the events of Spartan Ops and serves to tie loose ends. It will release on the 28th of January next year. 

post-26953-0-75632300-1415504825.jpg

Are you excited for the release of this new comic series expanding on Dr. Halsey and the Elites? Let me know below!

Mass Effect 4 Lead Writer Confirmed, Halo 4's Writer

This is actually a really intriguing story that might anger some but excite others, either way it's a great conversation piece. Details on Mass Effect 4, or whatever the name might be, have been extremely scant down to the tiniest details like who is writing the game and any staff on board? GameInformer.com gave us one of these answers, as we have learned that Chris Schierf, the man who wrote Halo 4, will be writing the next Mass Effect. He shared details about how it's a hero's journey and you follow Shepard's path in the article. As well, Mike Gamble, a long time veteran of the franchise, will be producing the game.

post-26953-0-02385800-1415504839.jpg

What's your take on this news? Do you think Chris is up to the task? Debate below!

Eurogamer Shows Off Halo 2: Anniversary Forge

Eurogamer is a lucky group of people, as they got their hands on an early copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and decided to share upon us some footage with new details. All of this is on Halo4Nation.com, so credits to them. For starters, the fan service given by 343i is immense, with the introduction of a bright red Energy Sword labelled as an 'infected' Energy Sword, along with a new infected player model. They also showed off some Heretic Banshee gameplay, with it's bright purple lights on clear display while in flight. They also revealed something fans of the Halo series have been dying to see since Halo 3 when workarounds to 'create' it were discovered, the Civilian Warthog. The vehicle is bright gold and features a spare tire in the back, being remodeled and not just a reskin. They also highlighted the three new Spartan and Elite armour variants, and they showed off the Halo: CE Flamethrower. While they did not showcase the other two Forge maps, Nebula and Skyward, they detailed both of them, confirmed Skyward's position near a Halo ring and Nebula's floating space setting, being the Impact we wanted originally. New details will be revealed in the coming days, but for now, that's all Eurogamer had for us.

post-26953-0-23548900-1415504893_thumb.png

What are your thoughts on some of the new features revealed? Discuss in the thread!

Thanks so much for reading ladies and gentlemen, I hope to see you soon mowing down the Covenant and punching the Prophet to the sound of Steve Vai's guitar! See you all on Zanzibar, peace!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Mass Effect 4 Lead Writer Confirmed, Halo 4's Writer

This is actually a really intriguing story that might anger some but excite others, either way it's a great conversation piece. Details on Mass Effect 4, or whatever the name might be, have been extremely scant down to the tiniest details like who is writing the game and any staff on board? GameInformer.com gave us one of these answers, as we have learned that Chris Schierf, the man who wrote Halo 4, will be writing the next Mass Effect. He shared details about how it's a hero's journey and you follow Shepard's path in the article. As well, Mike Gamble, a long time veteran of the franchise, will be producing the game.

What's your take on this news? Do you think Chris is up to the task? Debate below!

If there's one thing I know with a certainty... Its that those of us who play ME4 won't know what's going on and we'll have 10x more questions at the end of the game than at the beginning.

Great write up Kenway, as usual.