Campaign Progress Deleted

raidensan

So just last month I beat Halo 4 on Legendary solo all the way through. It was incredibly awesome and I got the achievements I was supposed to. However just the other day my roomies and I decided that we should get back into multiplayer to  warm up for MCC coming out soon. When we were done playing online last night I went into the campaign menu just to look at the mission select screen to show off my accomplishment. To my surprise and horror all of my campaign progress had been reset. Only the first mission was available - as if I was booting up the campaign for the first time. Confused I checked to see if my profile was still signed in, indeed it was. None of the other missions were visible and it looks like I haven't even cleared the first mission according to the in - game menu. What's really strange and terrifying about this is that I have looked at the mission screen on several occasions since my Legendary completion on Oct. 2nd 2014. They were all there and displaying the correct difficulty completions. I immediately began to panic and thought maybe if I reset my XBOX it will correct itself, no luck. I haven't noticed any title updates in awhile and since I have that set to manual I'm not sure how I could have missed it. What's more is several times in the past I have seen all my armor, loadouts, and emblems get wiped and I have to go back and redo everything. My XP level stays where it is but the game forgets all the character customization. Lastly Spartan Ops is unaffected by this memory wipe, all the progress I've made there is exactly as it should be.

Please 343 fix this bug. I've mostly enjoyed Halo 4 while others have bashed it but this is too much. Was there a recent title update that caused this? What would effect the status of my system's save games like that? It's just weird, and annoying, and maddening. I didn't see any post of this nature so hopefully someone will know what the heck happened. God I hope there is a fix.

This happens to everyone, including me. I don't think there's any way to fix it. Another member on here might have the right idea.

Anyway we're not 343 Industries. You can go over to HaloWaypoint to try and contact them via email, or forum (I think BSAngel is the one you send emails to).

I was the only one signed in. I even reset my 360 so I know that's not it. It's a permanent deletion of all campaign progress, erased back to nothing.

This happens to everyone, including me. I don't think there's any way to fix it. Another member on here might have the right idea.

Anyway we're not 343 Industries. You can go over to HaloWaypoint to try and contact them via email, or forum (I think BSAngel is the one you send emails to).

What do you mean this happens to everyone? If that was the case wouldn't i have found a thread for this already? This is unexpected game breaking behavior that is permanent. How do I get this pushed to 343 more directly?

• 3 weeks later...

I was the only one signed in. I even reset my 360 so I know that's not it. It's a permanent deletion of all campaign progress, erased back to nothing.

What do you mean this happens to everyone? If that was the case wouldn't i have found a thread for this already? This is unexpected game breaking behavior that is permanent. How do I get this pushed to 343 more directly?

We are not 343 industries. If you want to tell them, go to Halo WAypoint.

I can think of many reasons why this may have happened:

- A new account (Make sure you have the same account you had when you completed the campaign)

- Using a USB (Maybe you had a USB while playing multiplayer and not in the campaign, or vise versa. Try seeing without one, or vise versa)

- Online (Maybe you were not online when you completed the campaign and were when you played multiplayer, or vise versa)

Hopefully this solves it, if not then I don't know