2 Years later: A MoM Speech and the Hello.

rrhuntington

I realized in the time I've been here I never even posted an introduction on the forums, so here it is.

Hi, I'm rrhuntington. I joined this forum two years ago, after watching this place for a good time. Before I came here, I had not known a place like this even existed. A Halo forum where fans of the series and some former fans could find themselves and talk about Halo and games in general.

I joined 343ICF because I love Halo, and that statement holds true to today. It really is a magical game to me, and it was a staple of my childhood. So to join a place that prides itself in the enjoyment, news, and following of the franchise was an easy deal. During my first few weeks I had signed up on here, I had no intention of staying as long as I have, and I really didn't. I stayed until December of 2012 and then left for over a year. I joined in what I like to call "The post Halo 4 period." Where the community of Halo still seemed shell-shocked on what kind of gamed Halo 4 truly was. At that time, I couldn't see the good this site had to offer. Realizing now how I felt back then, I must have been blind.

When I came back late in 2013, I don't remember what told me to come back. Maybe it was a rekindling of interest in Halo, maybe it was just curiosity. Whatever it was, I'm glad it happened. I started becoming more active, engaging in more conversations, and writing posts on thought provoking topics. It's like something just clicked in my brain. I saw through whatever cloud blinded me the previous year. I joined play dates in Halo and other games abroad, and I mingled with people. I started to make friends on the site over the past year. They have made me laugh, and made me think and have given different viewpoints on many different topics. I rose from GREENIE to Trusted to Dedicated very quickly. There was so much to talk about in threads and in the Shoutbox, that it made ranking up easy, but it was never about that. After a while, I just wanted to be around you guys, everyone on this site. This place has become a (sort of) home for me. It wasn't just about Halo anymore, it was this site, and the people who dwelled here. I'm sorry I couldn't see that before.

I come here everyday... because of all of you.

Everyone that's ever been here has made it a blast. All the GREENIES, All  the Trusted, All the Dedicated, Art Department, News Team, The Moderators, Admins, TWAM... Even the Banished ones who are no longer with us. I want to thank all of you. You are my reason to keep striving here. We'll go through tough times, and we'll go through some of Great moments together, and I'll be honored to be a part of it all.

As we step upon the door to a the dawn of a new era in Halo, and this site alike, I'll keep walking with you through the door and beyond. You've all made it a journey I'll never forget, and I don't think I ever want to get off this ride. Let's make some more memories eh? :beer:

Look Buddy... See ya around.

Nobody_Symbol_Background_by_shayrazor.jp

• Like 7