Gravemind Gameplay + New Cinematic Trailer - Halo 2: Anniversary

Adam91

Greenskull from Ready Up Live has posted a gameplay video of the level "Gravemind" from Halo 2: Anniversary. In the video we get to see the Gravemind himself in the cutscene created by Blur and a playthrough of the entire level.

gallery_12241_647_155098.png

We are just under 2 weeks away from the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and no doubt this will get fans more excited to jump in and finally play it themselves.

343 Industries has also just released a new cinematic trailer for Halo 2: Anniversary and if you play attention to it we see recreated footage of the cutscene "Another Day at the Beach".

That cutscene was a bonus scene that was included in Halo 2's Multiplayer Map Pack that showed what happened to the crew from second Pelican that was shot down by the Scarab in the Outskirts cutscene from Halo 2. Could we be seeing this bonus material in Halo 2: Anniversary? It sure looks like it.

Leave us your thoughts in the comment section below.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

Hmmm, this has me worried that you can't use the classic soundtrack with the new visuals like in CE anny.

Which would be massively disappointing, because that sound they used to replace Blow me away was just bleh.

343 confirmed that the remastered music will only work in the remastered mode and classic music will only work on the classic mode.

The Gravemind's mouth reminds of Aliens with the mouth in the mouth thing. His mouth looks like one of those 80 puppet mouths, but it still looks good. A big improvement over his original glitch one. Arbiter looks pretty great in CGI, and I like the new Master Chief "Boo" too. I'm glad they kept the Brutes hairy like in Halo 2 and didn't make them look like Halo 3 Brutes. It also seems they turned the music volume up in the re-mastered version. High Charity also looks great, giving it a more city feel around the Dreadnought.

Concerning the Breaking Benjamin moment, I feel as if the newer song connects with the moment just as much as Blow me away. Blow me away will always be preferred, because classic is always the preferred it seems, but the newer works well too.

All in all: Really, Really Cool. I'm gonna enjoy this very much.

Cannot express how excited for this I am in words. FINALLY though, they've upped the graphics of the cinematics. This is something I've brought up before as well I know, but Halo has always been capable of this. I guess it took until an Xbox One release for them to be consistent with this level in order for the console to be able to handle it. The characters look unbelievably real. Chief looks a bit off colored for some reason and Miranda looks way too old but overall everything looks fantastic. I actually like the idea of the music switching between the old version and the remastered and them being exclusive to one another. I just hope Headstrong by Trapt is still on the soundtrack. 

Also really hoping for some bonus scenes.

Daym.... that freaked me out a bit when I saw Gravemind once more. :)

Remind me of the Zenomorphes < Yep I cant remember the spelling and my internet is slow.... so not my fault..... or is it?

And if you don't know what one Zenomorph is go do yourself a favour and watch Aliens.... the film that made James camron filthy rich! at least I think that is how you spell his name.

Any back on topic!

Daym.... that freaked me out a bit when I saw Gravemind once more. :)

Remind me of the Zenomorphes < Yep I cant remember the spelling and my internet is slow.... so not my fault..... or is it?

And if you don't know what one Zenomorph is go do yourself a favour and watch Aliens.... the film that made James camron filthy rich! at least I think that is how you spell his name.

Any back on topic!

No, if you want to see a Xenomorph, you watch Alien.

Ridley Scott's original classic.

The Gravemind doesn't look that much like a Xenomorph. Elites in general resemble those more, and even then only at a glance.

The Gravemind's new look is very different, but I got used to it quick. And now that I've seen it moving and speaking, I like it more. The color, the texture, the mouths within mouths...it's all amazingly done. And the Tentacle of Regret made my jaw drop.

Okay, now I FINALLY have time to express my thoughts. Four simple words sum it up right.

I. NEED. IT. NOW.

The trailer looks great, and I'm glad they remastered that cutscene that was left out of Halo 2 with the ODSTs, it had something to do with beaches, I dunno. At first, I thought the gravemind looked very odd, like really really odd, and I hadn't understood it. Then they showed off that bloody inside with the grisly teeth, and I was in love. Blur wasn't afraid to make the Gravemind look scary, and they knocked it out of the park overall.

Nice work A91.