Member Suggestion / Ideas Thread

The Director

Profile music for past mods?

Pls

I don't think that would work considering Legendary isn't just exclusively Ex staff anymore. I would imagine something like that has to do with the usergroup permissions. Unless all the Legends get it I guess. :P I dunno..

I don't think that would work considering Legendary isn't just exclusively Ex staff anymore. I would imagine something like that has to do with the usergroup permissions. Unless all the Legends get it I guess. :P I dunno..

It's possible (I know the Admin controls)

• 2 months later...

Here's a suggestion that will require work my both the site staff and users.

There are certain things a majority of users on this site want 343i to do. Us discussing on here is good, but I don't think 343i is looking here.

A way we can have a way to get 343i to see what our users think is by posting on waypoint.

Here is the strategy:

Someone makes a topic for a suggestion for Halo, a lot of people agree, at that point the site staff and users coordinate with the users and have one person post the same topic on waypoint, and than everyone from here go there and like and say they agree with the post. If it's get a lot of attention fast, more people, who are users of waypoint will see it, and will discuss it as well, the more popular it gets the more likely 343i will see it.

I am not saying they will, but it will increase the chances.

It may seem ambitious, but I think it can work

• Like 3

Here's a suggestion that will require work my both the site staff and users.

There are certain things a majority of users on this site want 343i to do. Us discussing on here is good, but I don't think 343i is looking here.

A way we can have a way to get 343i to see what our users think is by posting on waypoint.

Here is the strategy:

Someone makes a topic for a suggestion for Halo, a lot of people agree, at that point the site staff and users coordinate with the users and have one person post the same topic on waypoint, and than everyone from here go there and like and say they agree with the post. If it's get a lot of attention fast, more people, who are users of waypoint will see it, and will discuss it as well, the more popular it gets the more likely 343i will see it.

I am not saying they will, but it will increase the chances.

It may seem ambitious, but I think it can work

Yeah, but Waypoint is salt. People want to do some of the stupidest stuff on there and it gets a lot of attention.

Would it be possible to add a countdown and notification system to when a Forum Event happens? 

Eg. Say Meet Your Maker is happening in 24 hours, you would receive a Notification saying so. In addition, the 'Upcoming Events' tab could have a countdown to when the next event is occurring?

Just an idea. I think this would help foreign users a lot, as it provides an easier way to work out when exactly an event is happening. 

It would even work for that evil day light saving times too! 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion: Private Profile

Details: Allows certain members granted by the profile owner to view their profile, prohibits any user not on the allowed list to view it.

(Example: Guest need to be logged in to view profile / Member needs permission to view profile from owner)

This would prevent much unwanted attention and discourage members from doing bad things on said profile.

• 2 months later...

I know this would be a massive project, but I know I would definitely use it..... A 343 cf app for Android and iOS. Shoutbox, forums, and all. Like I said it would be a pretty big project and I'm sure it'll never happen, but I know if I had the option to take you guys with me wherever I go I would. It would be much more convenient in my opinion.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Set forum to self destruct

Alright, so with the Cooliest Drizzy_Dan Administration wanting to make the forum great again and as we all know theres the whole issue of well us the members being a rare breed so the Staff can't do anything with no community what about increasing interaction on the forum like objectives etc that allow members to get awards and what not I believe giving us a reason to come back would be fundamental in bringing the desired activity numbers back. Halo 5 literally was a kick in the pants to the forum which is why the numbers have dropped I know it wasn't the start but it was what finished alot of people off after bleeding out. 

Community Events could see a return as well but once again the staff would need that interaction/member count to make it a sustainable thing to do. Maybe a site refresh of backgrounds/banners could help freshen up the forum too.

I also think the news group could come back too as another way to keep a lively flow of activity so that the forum doesn't get stagnant having a constant flow of news would provide new things to talk about. (maybe revitalise the Youtube channel and post a weekly recap of news on it as well as forum machinimas and other content)

Streams could also be featured maybe? to have engagement or things to watch?

Edited by Connor Kenway
  • Like 6

Set forum to self destruct

Alright, so with the Cooliest Drizzy_Dan Administration wanting to make the forum great again and as we all know theres the whole issue of well us the members being a rare breed so the Staff can't do anything with no community what about increasing interaction on the forum like objectives etc that allow members to get awards and what not I believe giving us a reason to come back would be fundamental in bringing the desired activity numbers back. Halo 5 literally was a kick in the pants to the forum which is why the numbers have dropped I know it wasn't the start but it was what finished alot of people off after bleeding out.

Community Events could see a return as well but once again the staff would need that interaction/member count to make it a sustainable thing to do. Maybe a site refresh of backgrounds/banners could help freshen up the forum too.

I also think the news group could come back too as another way to keep a lively flow of activity so that the forum doesn't get stagnant having a constant flow of news would provide new things to talk about. (maybe revitalise the Youtube channel and post a weekly recap of news on it as well as forum machinimas and other content)

Streams could also be featured maybe? to have engagement or things to watch?

We're certainly on the same page.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

#MakeHaloGreatAgain

1.remove the sprint

2.make it rated M again

3.stop making everything cheesy af in the campaign

4. STOP making master chief talk so much. It's awkward and it makes me feel like the fans know him better than you guys do.

These are valid suggestions for the next Halo title that I can agree with. With that said however...

Welcome to the 343 Industries Community Forums - a fan site. Suggestions for future Halo games can be made in General Discussion.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Two things, one is a suggestion and two is a question. 
one; since assassinations aren’t being implemented at the start, one way you could make this more acceptable is by making assassinations interactive with the environment or weapons, for instance if a player is near a wooden create, they could be smashed into the create, or if a player is near a high edge they could kick their legs and push them off. Really the options are endless,  and would make the decision to delay assassinations much more accepted by the community. 

two is a simple question, I’m not sure what if you mentioned this before or I it’s clear, but what difficulty was the infinite demo played on? 

thanks if you ever read this. 

• 3 months later...