Member Suggestion / Ideas Thread

The Director

put infection in the laylist for the MCC

Playlist sorry

While I would love to have Infection in the playlist we unfortunate that we can not do that. We are actually just a fan forum that likes Halo. Halo Waypoint is were you will be heard.

Welcome to the forums feel free to stay.  Hope to see you around! 

YYEESS

Halo lore is separate from Fanfiction!

Thank you based Twam

10/10 update

I was yelling for this in the staff skype chat.

I was going to PM you about the change but Im glad you noticed 

• 1 month later...

^
So are a lot of things. :)

OBSERVE! https://youtu.be/MmIgFtLa00Y

As you can see in the video, the stuff in there is minor but the tiniest details count.

For starters I see no reason for it to go away, it was a positive thing for this community to have. 

The point is: Its unneeded, yes, but its the little things that count and it was a really awesome emote.

To whisper at members in the shoutbox.

Like, nobody can see what you're saying except the person you are whispering at.

This would come in handy with stuff, such as jokes. Like "@@Username We're just joking around."

That way it's faster than a PM but it gets the short message done.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This thread needs to be removed from the recent posts list. :)

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/41549-hunt-the-truth-season-2-discussion/?view=getnewpost

Obviously because this thread is out to discus recent content in the Halo universe, it should be off the list to prevent people being spoiled unless they click on the thread.

By that logic, an emoticon for Eevee is unneeded.

You're right, which is why most likely it will never happen.

When I said "uneeded" I think of something that's not an important asset to the forum, although emotes are just for fun anyway so there is really no point if they add them or not. I do not expect my mom wish to be made just because I asked for it. Even I know it's a silly thing to request. 

^

If I remember correctly Ash got an Ash emblem added here because it was her Mom wish. :)

So its entirely possible.

True, but shortly after she became a moderator. Not saying they have any connection, but it could be the reason why she has one.

[The reason why she picked Hello Kitty? The world may never know.] (And no I never suggested that she would do it.) 

• 2 months later...

So with the rise of more spam bots, it got me thinking about a change to the 343iBot. Now before you question me, it isn't in a negative way, but it might not be entirely possible. I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot.

How about when the 343iBot greets a person, you can scroll over that person's name to check if they're a spambot or not. This will tie in with another suggestion that I've been thinking of.

When you scroll over someone, it has the gallery and the friend button at the very bottom of that panel. How about a button on the bottom right that says report? I don't know, but it might be helpful if someone is breaking the rules in the shoutbox or somewhere, and you don't have to navigate through their profile. Just a thought.

• Like 2

So with the rise of more spam bots, it got me thinking about a change to the 343iBot. Now before you question me, it isn't in a negative way, but it might not be entirely possible. I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot.

How about when the 343iBot greets a person, you can scroll over that person's name to check if they're a spambot or not. This will tie in with another suggestion that I've been thinking of.

When you scroll over someone, it has the gallery and the friend button at the very bottom of that panel. How about a button on the bottom right that says report? I don't know, but it might be helpful if someone is breaking the rules in the shoutbox or somewhere, and you don't have to navigate through their profile. Just a thought.

That's a very good idea - I've updated 343ibot's welcome script, so she should provide a profile link at the end of each greeting from now on. We'll monitor this over the next few days and make sure that it's working properly and isn't resulting in any trouble (e.g. directing spammers toward the member's profile), but provided there aren't any technical errors, it's likely to stay in place.

I'm a little hesitant to add a 'report' button to the quick menu, as it's something that could very easily be pressed by accident or out of curiosity, and it only really saves one click. If there's demand for it, however, it's something I can look in to.

• Like 1

That's a very good idea - I've updated 343ibot's welcome script, so she should provide a profile link at the end of each greeting from now on. We'll monitor this over the next few days and make sure that it's working properly and isn't resulting in any trouble (e.g. directing spammers toward the member's profile), but provided there aren't any technical errors, it's likely to stay in place.

I'm a little hesitant to add a 'report' button to the quick menu, as it's something that could very easily be pressed by accident or out of curiosity, and it only really saves one click. If there's demand for it, however, it's something I can look in to.

Yeah the button is something that can be pressed accidentally, that's why I was thinking the bottom right. It's got nothing going on in that corner there anyway, why not clear the dust from that corner? :P

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well actually, you can just make all status updates auto locked, so you can still update and what not, but anything worth discussion goes to threads and the shoutbox @Drizzy_Dan

I'm actually not sure if there's an option to have status automatically locked upon creation but I'll ask