Member Suggestion / Ideas Thread

The Director

The folder in offbeat sounds reasonable to me, but a whole forum sub-section for forum games sounds like a little too much. Kind of unnecessary for a few active games. Offbeat is there for a reason, taking out the games will give it less of a purpose.

There's a bunch of other things Offbeat is used for, and separating it from Forum Games I think would be highly beneficial.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Mafia has become large enough to warrant the use of Awards imo.

I think I've posted this before, but I'll do it again:

- Play a Mafia game.

- Win a Mafian game while being in a different Faction from the Mafians.

- Win a Mafia game as a Mafian.

- Survive an entire Mafia game (don't die).

• Like 3

Here's an idea that I've kept for awhile.

M.O.Y

Of the

Year

This award is very similar to MoM but M.O.Y in particular takes an all year round dedication which makes it be one of the most challenging for others to show that through a whole series of 365 days. The M.O.Y banner should be taken in a shade of Blue or green. Their username should be in the colour of Gold or some other colour that stands out in some way that represents achievement. This particular award highlights some of the key fragmentations that a certain member must show, these include:

.Being most active

.Quality posts

.Most participation in Game Events

.Perhaps excellent management in the forum work area such as i.e 'Forum Productions, Moderating, Communications, etc'

.Outstanding behaviour

. And various other general things that associate common achievements that undergo MoM but beyond it's limitations.

So I bet you're confused about how can we take record of that? Most notably you can in multiple ways by taking a list of notes of people you think have potential in recieving the award, it won't be just you though. Through this a private poll will take place inside or even outside the forum where Moderators can take their vote. The most votes will be the decision maker for M.O.Y .

Or you can come up with another way.

• Like 1

We need to bring back Top 15. It returned exactly a year from now, December 2013 was when it was re-introduced. Now it has sort of died off.

Can we please receive a Notification upon being given an Award? 

What does everyone think? 

This.

- Play a Mafia game.

Sounds good, so would people have to trace back evidence from previous games to prove they are in need of an award?

M.O.Y

Of the

Year

This award is very similar to MoM but M.O.Y in particular takes an all year round dedication which makes it be one of the most challenging for others to show that through a whole series of 365 days. The M.O.Y banner should be taken in a shade of Blue or green. Their username should be in the colour of Gold or some other colour that stands out in some way that represents achievement. This particular award highlights some of the key fragmentations that a certain member must show, these include:

.Being most active

.Quality posts

.Perhaps excellent management in the forum work area such as i.e 'Forum Productions, Moderating, Communications, etc'

.Outstanding behaviour

. And various other general things that associate common achievements that undergo MoM but beyond it's limitations.

So I bet you're confused about how can we take record of that? Most notably you can in multiple ways by taking a list of notes of people you think have potential in recieving the award, it won't be just you though. Through this a private poll will take place inside or even outside the forum where Moderators can take their vote. The most votes will be the decision maker for M.O.Y .

Sounds good, not sure if this will pass though. One member every whole year. Sounds a little too long, but I've got nothing against it. Say you have a colour change for this, that one person would have the colour the whole year. It would almost lose purpose. Maybe an award would do.

We need to bring back Top 15. It returned exactly a year from now, December 2013 was when it was re-introduced. Now it has sort of died off.

Sounds good, so would people have to trace back evidence from previous games to prove they are in need of an award?

I don't know if other people know this but me and TheSilverCenturion are supposed to do Top 15 at the end of this month. November will not be included.

And yes you would need to go back to the previous games to prove you deserve the Mafia Awards.

Oh yea I back the Member of the Year thing from Masked Man. I think instead of giving that person a special Color the whole year, they would just get either an award, or just have their rank changed to " Member of the Year".

- Play a Mafia game.

I agree with this however I think that may be a little too many awards in one game.

M.O.Y

Of the

Year

.Being most active

.Quality posts

.Outstanding behaviour

I mentioned this sometime before in the old Member Suggestion thread. There are a few problems with this because gold is already taken by legendary members, I don't think that there are any bold enough colours to be used for MoY, maroon maybe but it isn't that bold and the things that you've said except for the staff part are usually taken into consideration when deciding MoM so I decided that it could be one of the 12 MoM because they've already proven that at some point, they've proven themselves worthy of being my MoMmy however, there are always problem when deciding on a new member group.

Well we can always refine the idea. It can just be a banner for M.O.Y in a different colour that no other group has(maybe brown, looking at you Zandril). And for having the name in gold, well it doesn't have to be the case. It can just be a award that will be added to your award list :).

I agree with this however I think that may be a little too many awards in one game.

I mentioned this sometime before in the old Member Suggestion thread. There are a few problems with this because gold is already taken by legendary members, I don't think that there are any bold enough colours to be used for MoY, maroon maybe but it isn't that bold and the things that you've said except for the staff part are usually taken into consideration when deciding MoM so I decided that it could be one of the 12 MoM because they've already proven that at some point, they've proven themselves worthy of being my MoMmy however, there are always problem when deciding on a new member group.

• Like 1

We should toooootaly have a dedicated Hello Kitty tab on here. Maybe even a few smileys! :)

Well we can always refine the idea. It can just be a banner for M.O.Y in a different colour that no other group has(maybe brown, looking at you Zandril). And for having the name in gold, well it doesn't have to be the case. It can just be a award that will be added to your award list :).

We have actually had brown once on the forums apparently. I'm not sure but some members have said that we had brown for the members who were from THFE.

How about this. Fix this and don't release games until then are done how about doing a visit on the epic failure of this game and it's matchmaking?

I meant vidoc

Being passive agressive isn't going to help you here pal.

1. Because this thread is intended for ideas on improvements for the site itself.

2. Because this is a fan forum, not the official one. We have as much influence on the game as you have. (just about 0)

3. Because being a -Yoink!- isn't going to get people to help you.

Please read before you start your spewing non-sense onto the web. There are enough morons on here as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand a new members group/color has been proposed a hundred times. But with that I want to propose something once more. And I feel it is reasonable and has a good backing in the community.

With almost 90% of our active community being at the dedicated members rank, things tend to get stale. Color is a nice and it makes stuff look pretty.

Now what I propose, is a new members group. This members group will be 1000 posts and up or 1500 posts and up.

This will allow for frequent posters to be awarded for having a long time dedication, 500 posts goes by fast. The majority of the active community has already surpassed that. So if we use the old Comms blue, as a new members color, it would reward people for being loyal to the forums.

In the past it was that the colors were to similar, but now, Comms is gone. So there is no reason to not be able to have a new group. 

A suggestion of a name for the group: Outstanding Members

Thank you.

Edited by Yoshi1176
  • Like 4

I understand a new members group/color has been proposed a hundred times. But with that I want to propose something once more. And I feel it is reasonable and has a good backing in the community.

With almost 90% of our active community being at the dedicated members rank, things tend to get stale. Color is a nice and it makes stuff look pretty.

Now what I propose, is a new members group. This members group will be 1000 posts and up or 1500 posts and up.

This will allow for frequent posters to be awarded for having a long time dedication, 500 posts goes by fast. The majority of the active community has already surpassed that. So if we use the old Comms blue, as a new members color, it would reward people for being loyal to the forums.

In the past it was that the colors were to similar, but now, Comms is gone. So there is no reason to not be able to have a new group. 

Thank you.

I say yay. If no Comms (Bnus) Blue then maybe another color that isn't used. Dedicated is just too stale imo.

A suggestion of a name for the group: Outstanding Members

Thank you.

I also agree with this, sounds reasonable and would be a great way to spice things up a little.

I think the blueish colours are reserved for staff positions (for the same reason yellowish colours are reserved for senior staff) as the comms blue comes close to C-mod blue and News group blue.

I'd like to see dedicated get an actual colour, but I think comms blue isn't going to be a thing.

I think the blueish colours are reserved for staff positions (for the same reason yellowish colours are reserved for senior staff) as the comms blue comes close to C-mod blue and News group blue.

I'd like to see dedicated get an actual colour, but I think comms blue isn't going to be a thing.

Could be a color besides Blue you know.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There needs to be a "Banter" award.

And, yes I'm being serious.

Also, I still think the "Dedicated Members" rank or group colour, whatever you want to call it, should be white. It stands out more and it's a lot more pleasing to the eyes than the faint gray colour we have currently.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

With staff getting more striking colours I think its time the members do too. :)

So, more striking colours for the three member groups and.....

a new member group with the strikiest colours of all!

Absolutely not. It took three days of arguing and a three hour skype call to figure out the proper colors and ratio for the staff.

If you want a more striking color, be the best member possible and try for staff positions.

• Like 2

^

Then why not have a new member group for over 1000 posts? :)

Any colour would be nice..... there are plenty to choose from.

It's been discussed at length, and we've found many reasons not to. One of which is that only about 33 members (soon 34) would be in that usergroup. For comparison, there are about 130-140 Dedicated members (which is the current highest level of non-staff member group that is ranked based on posts).

• Like 1

It's been discussed at length, and we've found many reasons not to. One of which is that only about 33 members (soon 34) would be in that usergroup. For comparison, there are about 130-140 Dedicated members (which is the current highest level of non-staff member group that is ranked based on posts).

What about people who don't ever get into Staff? They're forced to be Dedicated forever?

And wouldn't it be for the achievement of getting to that rank, and not the amount of people in the usergroup?

• Like 1

What about people who don't ever get into Staff? They're forced to be Dedicated forever?

And wouldn't it be for the achievement of getting to that rank, and not the amount of people in the usergroup?

Lol alright, here we go.

1. No matter how many additional ranks we make you can say that about every single one. If we create a usergroup for 1000 posts and call it "Ultimicated" or somesuch, then after six months or so you'd be saying we should make one for 2500 because "what about people who don't ever get into Staff? They're forced to be Ultimicated forever?"

2. All a very small usergroup does is promote elitism. If we had more than 100 people who had over 1000 posts, we'd consider it. But less than 50? No way.

• Like 2