Member Suggestion / Ideas Thread

The Director

Alright, so the last thread was getting rather... large. So we're making this shiny new thread.

Post your ideas or suggestions for changes to the forum or any forum related media. 

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR IDEAS FOR HALO. OR FOR IDEAS FOR OTHER GAMES.

All posts that are not on topic will be deleted from this topic.

• Like 9

Shiny new thread woo! 

My suggestion: When you make an event, calculate the time of the event for approximately four timezones. Maybe use some timezones from around the world.

Eg: Say Sparky forms a pun making competition on Halo Reach. Following the detail of the event, he would place 4 times. One would be his country's timezone, another timezone from around the globe maybe Russia, one that would appeal to members in or around Brazil, and then another time for members residing in Australia and New Zealand.

This idea is in Beta testing... What does everyone thing? 

(Yes, i would go to a Halo pun making competition, don't judge)    

• Like 1

I posted this yesterday on the old thread but im not sure it was very responded to or seen so here goes nothing. :)

This thread http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29252-ban-more-people-above-you-for-no-apparent-reason/ needs to be re pinned. It was pinned when it reached 100 pages and then about two weeks ago it was not, for reasons unknown. So I request that is gets re pinned.

Shiny new thread woo! 

My suggestion: When you make an event, calculate the time of the event for approximately four timezones. Maybe use some timezones from around the world.

Eg: Say Sparky forms a pun making competition on Halo Reach. Following the detail of the event, he would place 4 times. One would be his country's timezone, another timezone from around the globe maybe Russia, one that would appeal to members in or around Brazil, and then another time for members residing in Australia and New Zealand.

This idea is in Beta testing... What does everyone thing? 

(Yes, i would go to a Halo pun making competition, don't judge)    

I'll make sure the events staff see this.

I posted this yesterday on the old thread but im not sure it was very responded to or seen so here goes nothing. :)

This thread http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29252-ban-more-people-above-you-for-no-apparent-reason/ needs to be re pinned. It was pinned when it reached 100 pages and then about two weeks ago it was not, for reasons unknown. So I request that is gets re pinned.

LOL no. That thread is literally nothing but you and two or three other members spamming nearly the same post over and over again. If it dies, it deserves to. There is absolutely no substance to the thread and it hasn't even been funny since the 100th reply or so. Here are some quotes to prove my point.

Banned for not starting a new page.

Banned for being so predictable.  :)

Banned for not starting a new page.

Banned for being predictable.  :)

Oh yeah, and this has happened at least 4 times in recent memory.

Banned for not starting the 168th page!

Banned for starting it

Banned for not.

Number of replies to a topic do not make it worth being pinned. You and Jack have had that thread on life support for months now. If it dies, it dies.

• Like 5

My suggestion: I'd really like to be able to create off-topic posts in the Member Suggestions/Ideas thread but current rules prohibit it. Perhaps the mods could do something to change this???

I'm afraid not. You see, the last time there were not rules prohibiting off-topic posts in the Member Suggestion/Ideas Thread, we got posts from members calling each other idiots for their ideas as well as posting nonsensical things.

As you know, we moderators are responsible for calling you guys idiots for your suggestions, and we get jealous when you tread on our turf.

• Like 2

What if we have a different Calender for Game Industry Events/Technology dates?

Imagine it being either below, or above the current Calender. Like the other Calender it can be closed if you don't like it. The Events on the Calender don't really need to all be about Halo. Just games, and technology events in general. Doesn't even have to have anything to do with video games so long as it's technological in nature, and is really significant (like people landing on Mars, or compelling new technology that's a game changer).

About say 8 or 10 of the most recent Industry Events will show up in the "Industry Calender" and you'd have to click a link to the full Calender to see all the future Events. Each event will also have more information on their own pages just like the Calender Events. It's the stuff you couldn't cram into the title.

You can also filter the Calender between platforms, like: Console, Handheld, PC, misc, and etc. Or just choose the "All" option.

The text would look like this kind of. Sorry for lack of diversity. I don't really keep up with stuff for PS4 or the other platforms:

October 30th: Evolve Alpha launch. Xbox One

October 31st: Evolve Alpha launch. PC & PS4

October 31st: Halo 2 Remaking the Legend Doc. launch on Xbox Video

November 2nd: End of Evolve Alpha for all platforms

November 11th: Halo: The Master Chief Collection launch. Xbox One

December 29th: Halo 5: Guardians Beta launch. Xbox One

January 18th: End of Halo 5: Guardians Beta

February 10th: Evolve launch. Multiplatform

June 2nd: Batman: Arkham Knight launch. Multiplatform

July 14th: New Horizons (spacecraft) flyby of Pluto system

Imagine it being either below, or above the current Calender. Like the other Calender it can be closed if you don't like it. The Events on the Calender don't really need to all be about Halo. Just games, and technology events in general. Doesn't even have to have anything to do with video games so long as it's technological in nature, and is really significant (like people landing on Mars, or compelling new technology that's a game changer).

About say 8 or 10 of the most recent Industry Events will show up in the "Industry Calender" and you'd have to click a link to the full Calender to see all the future Events. Each event will also have more information on their own pages just like the Calender Events. It's the stuff you couldn't cram into the title.

You can also filter the Calender between platforms, like: Console, Handheld, PC, misc, and etc. Or just choose the "All" option.

The text would look like this kind of. Sorry for lack of diversity. I don't really keep up with stuff for PS4 or the other platforms:

It's not as indepth as a calender with filters but I made a 2013 release date thread a while back. Maybe this is a better way to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Here's the old thread --> http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/23923-2013-confirmed-release-date-list/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just made the 2014 Holiday Season Release List. Hopefully it will help some people out.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/38078-2014-holiday-season-release-dates-list/?p=341694

Edited by SatanicBagels

It's not as indepth as a calender with filters but I made a 2013 release date thread a while back. Maybe this is a better way to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Here's the old thread --> http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/23923-2013-confirmed-release-date-list/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just made the 2014 Holiday Season Release List. Hopefully it will help some people out.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/38078-2014-holiday-season-release-dates-list/?p=341694

Not really my domain here, this is something that RSR could comment on as it would be something we would need to delegate to either the newsgroup or create a new staff group all together. 

However, the way I see it I don't know that this would necessarily be in demand on the site, and may be more popular if it's not handled by staff.

Here's some pros and cons.

Pros:

It would attract more traffic to the site and potentially get us more members.

It would create more discussion in relation to other games.

Cons:

It would be difficult to maintain. 

Potential for aggravated feelings between members if inactivity ensues and someone else steps in.

Increase in 'fanboy arguments' between different console supporters.

Potential for plagiarism accusations from sites who do the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

We should make it much clearer that this is not the official 343 Industries website. TONS of new members join thinking this is 343i's official website, as we're all very much aware, and we still haven't really done anything about it. I will admit that when I first joined, I thought it was the official website, so I too am guilty of this and so are several other great members.

The only difference is that we actually joined to have fun discussing Halo, NOT to complain. How many times have we pointed out to new members that we are not 343i? We even got a guy who was in the Twitch stream thinking P34nut was a 343i employee.

• Like 5

We should make it much clearer that this is not the official 343 Industries website. TONS of new members join thinking this is 343i's official website, as we're all very much aware, and we still haven't really done anything about it. I will admit that when I first joined, I thought it was the official website, so I too am guilty of this and so are several other great members.

The only difference is that we actually joined to have fun discussing Halo, NOT to complain. How many times have we pointed out to new members that we are not 343i? We even got a guy who was in the Twitch stream thinking P34nut was a 343i employee.

I with this dudebro.

I mean I don't understand how having Community Forum in the header makes us unaffiliated with 343i. I'm not really "knowledgeable" about Company policy, but from a glance it makes me think this is the official Community for 343 Industries (that's even the name of the site).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how these forums work entirely, since I don't use them, but I have a suggestion. Maybe for the Master Chief Collection, you guys can add multiplayer bots. Not just because of the issue of the network at this moment, but because it's always been a dream of my friends and I, we've played halo for years since the first, and that was always something we wanted. Many people around the world have asked as well. We don't care about objective game types, we just want slayer and team slayer if those are the only ones possible, and possibly an easy ranking system. You could even go so far as to only have bots for one game if you can't do them all, just to give people time to have fun, and not always be competitive, a means to practice and study the game as well. It would allow more people to jump in knowing they could play against bots and then jump into the online community. It would be a great move and something I think most fans would appreciate.

I'm not sure how these forums work entirely, since I don't use them, but I have a suggestion. Maybe for the Master Chief Collection, you guys can add multiplayer bots. Not just because of the issue of the network at this moment, but because it's always been a dream of my friends and I, we've played halo for years since the first, and that was always something we wanted. Many people around the world have asked as well. We don't care about objective game types, we just want slayer and team slayer if those are the only ones possible, and possibly an easy ranking system. You could even go so far as to only have bots for one game if you can't do them all, just to give people time to have fun, and not always be competitive, a means to practice and study the game as well. It would allow more people to jump in knowing they could play against bots and then jump into the online community. It would be a great move and something I think most fans would appreciate.

Pretty sure this thread is concerned with website suggestions, not game suggestions...

Also, this IS NOT 343 Industries' website and no one here is 343.

• Like 1

I vote for Recent Topics to come back.

I also think Halo: Nightfall should be included in the "Halo Universe" tab, and Halo: Spartan Strike in "Halo Games".

UPDATE: I think there should be a new tab for Halo Live Action shows, and movies. Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, Halo: Nightfall, Steven Spielberg's TV show, and Live Action trailers should be included there.

Edited by Turkey Destruct

^

I also agree with that. :)

Recent forge submissions is kinda pointless as no one ever really.... does Forge here.

Recent topics was much more useful. For a wider range of people.

I think we should keep Forge submissions. I think Forge for MCC should be picking up by Christmas. Plus the maps are really interesting and deserve more attention.

I'd even do a Forge submission myself if I had access to Waypoint: which I don't.

So my suggestion.

As you may know we have many wonderful emoji's to choose from and I would love if we had a little bunny head or something like that. You get what I mean?

237-rabbit.png

Like this

http://emojipedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/237-rabbit.png

Or maybe this, 

Bunny_Emoticon_Pack_v3_by_aimee5.png

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/261/a/c/Bunny_Emoticon_Pack_v3_by_aimee5.png

Let me know what you think! THANKS! XD

• Like 1

I would like to see a thread just for gameish type topics like "Mafia", or "Crazy Grunts Riddle Challenge" and other topics like that.

I'm with this as well.

A separate Forum Games tab would be great. It'll remove some of the clutter from Offbeat. Hell maybe you could make it a "folder" in Offbeat where all the Forum Games are at: like how Tech Center is in General Discussion.

• Like 2

I'm with this as well.

A separate Forum Games tab would be great. It'll remove some of the clutter from Offbeat. Hell maybe you could make it a "folder" in Offbeat where all the Forum Games are at: like how Tech Center is in General Discussion.

The folder in offbeat sounds reasonable to me, but a whole forum sub-section for forum games sounds like a little too much. Kind of unnecessary for a few active games. Offbeat is there for a reason, taking out the games will give it less of a purpose.