Halo 2 Anniversary Introductory Cinematic Revealed!

343 Industries and IGN have shown off the introductory cut-scene to Halo 2 Anniversary as part of their IGN First program!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is in it's final days of processing and is nearly ready to reach our fingertips, but until then I have more footage to entice you. A channel on YouTube.com thankfully reuploaded the footage from a stream showing off the cinematic opening to Halo 2: Anniversary, redone with stunning visuals from Blur Studios. The opening is for the mission Outskirts and the full mission was shown off on the aforementioned stream, which I cannot get a hold of unfortunately. The video features the infamous Scarab in it's Halo 2 garb, New Mombasa, Sergeant Johnson, and the Spartan himself, The Master Chief, all in gloriously redone visual style. Halo: The Master Chief Collection releases on November 11th, 2014 for Xbox One only.

post-26953-0-73419500-1414092372_thumb.png

Does this cinematic intro do the original justice despite being redone; or do subtle changes turn you off? Sound off below! I appreciate you reading folks!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

Damn that Johnson looks better and better every time I see him. I still would like to see what the Brutes look like in-game, and I also await to see the Gravemind cutscene. It's going to be fun not to see his mouth clip through itself for once. Gud news.

• Like 1

Everything looks great except the Chief.  He just looks so out of place.  His armor just wasn't given the same detail as the metals of the other objects in the cinematics.  Which there is no reason for seeing as how this is a standalone cinematic, pre-rendered.  My only other issue, is how old they made Miranda look compared to Johnson.

• Like 1

What I notice is how all the "non-human" and the chief, have really bright colors compared to the other persons and vehicles in those cutscenes. While Halo is known to have bright color pallete, the chief and scarab both feel like a pixar cgi in a realistic cgi setting. For the rest it looks incredibly good.

I really enjoyed the updated graphics. I agree with Twinreaper that Chief looked out of place due to the difference in the metals, but I don't even care. I'm not wishing for perfection, I am getting what I've wanted since the release of the X-Box 360 and achievements. A visually updated Halo 2 with great graphics and achievements.

• Like 1