Microsoft Sells Nearly 100,000 Xbox Ones in China on Day One!

On the Xbox One's first day in China, September 29th, the system reportedly sold a whopping 100,000 consoles!

The Xbox One, despite it's rough start in 2013, seems to be picking itself up off the ground and running boldly. According to GameInformer.com, the console has apparently sold 100,000 units in China on it's first day. We unfortunately can't put these numbers in comparison with the Xbox 360 or even the PlayStation 4 or 3 as this is the first console to release in China after a twelve year ban. PlayStation plans to launch the PS4 in China in December, so we can come back then and compare day one sales. So far though, the Xbox One is the leading (and only) console in China. Despite this, the PS4 is still kicking ahead as far as we known in total sales. Even though we now have day one numbers in China alone, current sales numbers have not been released, though before the holiday begins I'm sure Microsoft will update us on sales numbers, as the last we heard in total sales was 5 million shipped.

post-26953-0-20486700-1414027902.jpg

Does the news of the Xbox One's success pleasantly surprise you? Or did you expect the console to make a leap soon? Let me know below! Thank you very much for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

With all of the bundled games with an optional Kinect, I knew the leap for Xbox One would be here sooner rather than later. Not to mention, you have some large exclusive titles coming to Xbox One that will entice people even more to purchase it. 

Microsoft has been listening to its fan base and they have proven that time and time again throughout this first year of sales for the Xbox One. I expect Xbox One to sell even more as China grows accustomed to another gaming experience. Who knows, maybe this will open up new doors for Microsoft to explore, more 3rd party developers, more exclusives, and more games. I think launching first in China gives Microsoft an edge over the rest as people will grow accustomed to the console and want to play it, and build games, and apps, etc for it. 

Good move. Solid work on Microsofts part.

• Like 1

I had a feeling the Xbox One sales would make sudden jump sometime soon. Although I wonder if the ban in China being repealed made the sales of the Xbox One more since it's the first of the two consoles being released there, or if the gamers of China bought the Xbox One based on the specifications, price, games on it?

oh

####

no

1. These people are hardcore gamers. If you've met a 12 year old on Xbox Live, that's basically the type of people who own Xbox Ones, except they're asian and they will be very good at games. Of course, this is a generalization, but if you want an idea of how rude these guys can get, well, example: parents do not teach - or know - the concept of queuing up.

2. PC gaming exists, had existed, and will exist. League of Legends, Steam games, those are massive. The fires for the console vs PC war has truly been stoked anew. In fact, I was actually hoping to ride on everybody not buying anything in favor of PC's. Guess I undermestimated the number of big spenders. Which means....

:(

我没了

Edited by Cerulean

The actual number of sales of the consoles matter very little.  Microsoft already made their money from the retailers that purchased them.  sales from the actual customers do nothing, same as your pre-order games and such.  Those sales were already made.  And even if actual console sale numbers counted as some kind of proof of success, wait to see how often each person actually plays a game on it and how frequent.

• Like 1

The actual number of sales of the consoles matter very little.  Microsoft already made their money from the retailers that purchased them.  sales from the actual customers do nothing, same as your pre-order games and such.  Those sales were already made.  And even if actual console sale numbers counted as some kind of proof of success, wait to see how often each person actually plays a game on it and how frequent.

Despite that, though, Microsoft still has an aim to get the retail Xbox Ones into the hands of players. Sure, the retailers in Shanghai may have purchased a crap ton of Xbox Ones but if nobody in China buys it retailers won't be buying any more Xbox's from microsoft.

China is such a small market for Microsoft, that the sales and exposure they get just won't matter much in the long run anyway.  China has never been friendly to any of the Console Developers period.  On a side note, it's funny how bad Microsoft wants to do business in China, given the fact that China is the #1 world leader in counterfeiting currency for the USA.  Seriously, look it up.  Their Government is the biggest currency pirates on the planet, that's how they obtained their wealth.

That would be like me trying to desperately sell Little Tyke toys to a market that is 99% pedophiles.  Why would i do that?  Sure they want it, but seriously....wtf?!?

China is such a small market for Microsoft

I'm sure there's a reason other than overpopulation that caused childbirth laws to be upheld in China.

China has never been friendly to any of the Console Developers period.

Well, they've been strangers to console gaming since 15 years ago. And strangers are just friends you haven't met yet, amirite?

On a side note, it's funny how bad Microsoft wants to do business in China, given [words] their wealth.

We don't call them Micro$oft for nothing, eh?

Quite simply: Microsoft wants money, and China can join in on the console market as buyers now that the console ban has been lifted. Put 2 and 2 together and now we have this.