Suppressed SMG finally shown in Bloodline Walkthrough

For a while now, we've heard talk of the M7S SMG being but into Halo 2 Anniversary. Fans have been craving to see this in actual gameplay ever since, well finally since that new Bloodline walkthrough was uploaded, we finally got to see it in action. Just in case anyone never actually watched the end of the video, here are some screenshots from it.

WlheNUl.png

TqBhANu.jpg

Y69DpiN.jpg

SMG2_zpstn0gqojn.gif

The Dual Wielding tho

• Like 3

I hope the implementation this time around is better than it was in Halo 2 PC.  Just a little background info you all.  When Hired Gun added the silenced smg into the PC version, it actually had faster recoil increase on the z axis, but less deceleration time, meaning it cooled down faster if you burst fired it.  The silenced one also came with 20 rounds less ammo to start, could be dual wielded and did the same damage as the standard smg.

The horrible way it was added and the OP effect of the lesser recoil deceleration paired with tighter spread, made it a weapon that was not used in any game I played on PC.  So let's just hope for the best for everyone, that 343i finds the proper balance for the weapon and it's usage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to assume that the silenced smg was mainly used by players who were sneaking around trying not to reveal their position through the noise from their weapons or flash (which is more likely) but the problem with that is..... all the players still have their radars active. I suppose it would be useful from far enough away to kill enemies if the kill waypoints were not active either and you moved quickly to change your position afterwards so the guy you killed would be able to find you... but still.

just my two cents.

anyone know anything more about this?

oops I meant.... WOULDN'T be able to find you

I have to assume that the silenced smg was mainly used by players who were sneaking around trying not to reveal their position through the noise from their weapons or flash (which is more likely) but the problem with that is..... all the players still have their radars active. I suppose it would be useful from far enough away to kill enemies if the kill waypoints were not active either and you moved quickly to change your position afterwards so the guy you killed would be able to find you... but still.

just my two cents.

anyone know anything more about this?

oops I meant.... WOULDN'T be able to find you

It was only used in H2 PC edition when modded in. It was not in HCE multiplayer, H2 multiplayer, H3 multiplayer, Reach multiplayer, or H4 multiplayer. The only game it was available for use in was H3 ODST, and even then not in a PVP aspect. H3 ODST only had firefight multiplayer.