Bring back the old halo 343!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylenafteezy

what use to be my favorite game in the world has now been trashed with jetpacks, power ups, and other bs. Halo 1,2, and 3 will forever be the best halos and unless 343 changes what they're doing to the game, they're going to lose the last of the hardcore halo fans ( if there's any still left). Halo reach was trash. Halo 4 was trash. Both those games appeal to recreational gamers who aren't true fans most likely. I would love to see halo 5 be the next REAL halo game but that's wishful thinking to us hardcore halo fans.

-sincerely old halo fan

what use to be my favorite game in the world has now been trashed with jetpacks, power ups, and other bs. Halo 1,2, and 3 will forever be the best halos and unless 343 changes what they're doing to the game, they're going to lose the last of the hardcore halo fans ( if there's any still left). Halo reach was trash. Halo 4 was trash. Both those games appeal to recreational gamers who aren't true fans most likely. I would love to see halo 5 be the next REAL halo game but that's wishful thinking to us hardcore halo fans.

-sincerely old halo fan

I actually think that the stuff they have added into gameplay has made the game tremendously better, however, it has been getting away from that Arena Style gameplay from Halo 2. On the bright side, H5G's multiplayer will be very similar to Halo 2's, just with more stuff. I am really excited to here about this, because Halo 2 probably had the best multiplayer gameplay, just with outdated weapons and graphics.

-sincerely old halo fan

you do realize that this is a community forum right?

• Like 2

With the Master Chief Collection coming quite soon, you may have your wish. Play Halo 2 Anniversary mutiplayer and enjoy it. :) That's probably the closest you will get to a umm, "Classic Experience." except with HD and goodies of course.

• Like 2

So... you want all Halo games to be exactly the same with no new gameplay features at all? Isn't that what we mostly criticise Call of Duty for, yet most of the Halo community want their series to be like that? You're saying that people who like Reach and 4 aren't true fans? That or maybe we're just able to adapt. Variety is needed so that the series doesn't get repetitive. I guarantee if they made Halo 4 exactly the same as Halo 3, people would complain about that, because 343i would be showing no creativity or effort to improve the game. Whilst I do agree that CE and Halo 3 are the best in the series (not so sure about 2), Halo 4 is still a decent game, it just lost its charm pretty quickly because of a lack of incentive to keep the player from coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I would like another classic arena-styled game but if the next Halo game was an improved Halo 4, I wouldn't lose any sleep at all. Halo 4's not my favourite and it's not because it's different. It's because it lacks replay value and I feel the loadouts aren't well-balanced because of being able to spawn with a Plasma Pistol. I'd like an improved Halo 4 just as much as a classic arena-styled game, and you saying that everyone who disagrees with you is not a true fan, but I'd guarantee if Bungie did the exact same thing, everyone would love it. I could argue that YOU aren't a true fan because you're not able to adapt to new gameplay.

• Like 5

So... you want all Halo games to be exactly the same with no new gameplay features at all? Isn't that what we mostly criticise Call of Duty for, yet most of the Halo community want their series to be like that?

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Go to Halo Waypoint and you'll find this is a common sentiment. Not as honest as you're putting it, but it's in between the lines.
  • Like 3