Remove the survivor perk

Kamen Rider Kiva

Halo 4 finally retained almost perfectly balanced gameplay when the weapon balancing patch was released. However, it was all for naught when the survivor perk was released. The survivor perk ruins most every big team game. Vehicles already give the player a strong upper hand, so it makes absolutely no sense that there would be a perk to make things even easier for them.

Most people have to dedicate a large majority of their resources just to take down one Banshee, tank, or otherwise. By the time they have destroyed the enemy vehicle, it is more than likely that their health is reduced to a critical point. The enemy is not only able to escape unscathed, but they're also granted a cheap kill.

It makes absolutely zero sense that a player should be required to do twice as much work to take out a vehicle that already puts them at a tremendous disadvantage. The survivor perk is literally the single stupidest installment to Halo 4 next to the Boltshot.

The survivor perk is a horrible balancing decision, and I, as well as many others feel as though Halo 4 would be nearly perfect without it.

Please pardon any instances of redundancy and/or grammatical inconsistencies. My PC is broken, so I ended up having to type this out with my phone.

True, the survivor package does prevent you from dying when your vehicle gets blown up.

True, it is very useful perk.

BUT aren't support updrade and tactical packages supposed to give you a slight upper hand in certain situation? I mean the Jet Pack allows you to go almost anywhere and you can get the enemy from above 'granting you an easy kill'.

There's also the part that when the player does eject, his shields pop and making him a 1-shot kill. You can literally cap him in the head before he hits the ground!

I doubt that 343i will remove it at this time and I doubt they ever will.

• Like 1