New ways to customize the Xbox One dashboard

Adam91

Head of Xbox and Microsoft Studios, Phil Spencer, announced that the Xbox One UI will be getting customizable themes such as background screenshots and pictures. 

gallery_12241_647_130964.png

Phil Spencer sat down with TiC Podcast to discuss all things Xbox, he announced that the Xbox team are working on new ways for users to customize their Xbox One's dashboard. Such things will include the ability to take pictures and in-game screenshots to set as the background for the dashboard. 

“I was told themes and background pics are something that we are working on and screenshots, you know people beat me up on screenshots,” Spencer stated. 

These features are still currently in development so there isn't a confirmed date when they will be released, all that can be said at this time is they will come with a future monthly update.

He went on to say "I think both themes, backgrounds and screenshots are things I know people want so we are going to deliver on them. But we can’t give a when yet.”

The Xbox UI will be more customizable than ever when these updates roll out in the future, and no doubt having the ability to create personalized images and in-game screenshots will pique the interest of many Xbox users.

Be sure to check out the full podcast here

What do you think of these new features? Are you happy to hear in-game screenshots and images can be used to customize your own dashboards? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts on it.

Sources: Xbox Mad, TiC Podcast

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

Its been a year and the Xbox One user-interface isn't customizable yet? Well, better late than never I suppose. Plus using in-game screenshots will be great! I'll have to see if I can convince Sparks to nab some uber good screenshots for me, he has a knack for finding some of the best angles. Great find Adam! :clap:

Finally I can give my Xbox One my very own touch. I was always a bit disappointed that the only customizable thing was the colour of the icons, now I can make at least my background a little less dull! :D

:thumbup: Adam