Grenade of Choice

depressant

Frags have a bigger blast range and can be bounced into areas without a line of sight. However, if you need to throw them right at the ground, you have a very small chance of actually getting the target. Plasmas have a smaller blast range but stick to enemies, and will not bounce if thrown directly at the ground. Pulse Grenades aren't really for direct kills, more for support, distractions, or area denial. Still useful under the right circumstances, which aren't exactly rare.

Overall, the Plasma suits my general purposes best.

Pulse of course, people don't use it too much due to the difficulty of holding more than one initially, and their appearance to be useless. But, I can tell you, it is the most beautiful piece of weaponry... I tore through its mastery faster than both frag and plasmas, it is devastating... And I love it. Nothing more useful for crowd control, small and tight spaces, and distracting the opponents while you strike them through the flash of light.

Gorgeous.

Edited by PUNkin King
  • Like 1

Aside from one very specific loadout where I use Plasmas, I'll go with Frags every time.

Sure, Plasmas do more damage and have a bigger blast radius (I think), but the standard Frag is just so much more versatile. To use a Plasma effectively, you need a line of sight to your target, or at least to be able to predict when they're going to emerge into your line of sight: with a Frag, there's almost always a way you can bounce it so that it's delivered directly to your opponent's feet, and if you're reasonably competent you can therefore hit enemies without exposing yourself to return fire. Plus, while Plasma grenades can be a little inconsistent in terms of detonation time, since a Frag always explodes a half second after its first bounce you can be much more precise when using them, meaning they can better be used to set up traps or to keep an opponent suppressed: this also means that they're much more reliable damage-dealers than Plasmas, whose lengthy detonation timer means that it's fairly easy to dodge their damage altogether, unless stuck directly.

Aside from one very specific loadout where I use Plasmas, I'll go with Frags every time.

Sure, Plasmas do more damage and have a bigger blast radius (I think), but the standard Frag is just so much more versatile. To use a Plasma effectively, you need a line of sight to your target, or at least to be able to predict when they're going to emerge into your line of sight: with a Frag, there's almost always a way you can bounce it so that it's delivered directly to your opponent's feet, and if you're reasonably competent you can therefore hit enemies without exposing yourself to return fire. Plus, while Plasma grenades can be a little inconsistent in terms of detonation time, since a Frag always explodes a half second after its first bounce you can be much more precise when using them, meaning they can better be used to set up traps or to keep an opponent suppressed: this also means that they're much more reliable damage-dealers than Plasmas, whose lengthy detonation timer means that it's fairly easy to dodge their damage altogether, unless stuck directly.

Long detonation yes, but when tossed in a tight space during a clusterpub, it is easy for another player to walk onto it's blast radius without noticing due to the chaos they are focused on. I've been a victim of it many times myself. :P