What are your feelings on Zero Bloom?

Substandard IQ

You're missing my point, thinking that I am saying one group is better than the other. I am not now, nor have I ever said that. What I'm saying is imagine you love only import cars, and I only love domestic. Does that make either of us wrong? I don't think so, it's just that we enjoy different things, but at least we all enjoy motoring right?

I am not sorry that some people love fun and easy, or that others don't mind struggling for years to learn how to be better at a game. Different strokes my friend, but those are opposed catagories. I did not put people there lol, the people did.

All I'm saying in end is that in this engine Bungie/343 built there is room for all walks of fps gaming life, from casual to hardcore, from Griftballer to MLG die-hard. Is it too much to ask that we all have our place? I think not.

-Rev

I think no bloom is the way to go, because it does make the game more fast paced, BUT since it does mess with the pace of the game, it's hard to adjust. It's highly unfortunate when you spawn out in the open and get melted by 2 people.. if there was bloom, even 85 percent bloom, you'd have a chance to get away. So I think other factors of the game would need to be tweeked too. And the pace of the pistol should be slowed down. It's basically a ******* power weapon with no bloom.

I think no bloom is the way to go, because it does make the game more fast paced, BUT since it does mess with the pace of the game, it's hard to adjust. It's highly unfortunate when you spawn out in the open and get melted by 2 people.. if there was bloom, even 85 percent bloom, you'd have a chance to get away. So I think other factors of the game would need to be tweeked too. And the pace of the pistol should be slowed down. It's basically a ******* power weapon with no bloom.

Good point ired5

Realize that bloom itself is not what effects the firing of the weapons, or the pace at which it can be fired. Bloom is just the reticule funtion. If you nulled out the blooming reticule, the weapon fires the same. The changes involved in the reduction of the what you all call "Bloom", is actually a set of field values in the weapon tag, that MegaloScript is changing. Said values consist of about 7 fields of weapon data. Again, bloom itself is not a game changing feature. It just visualizes for you, how and when the weapons firing effects dissapate and respond to firing times.

I'm liking the tu beta, my only gripe is adjusting to the different bloom settings every match, once anniversary comes out i'll definitely be playing more. With the different settings, it will cater to what type of game you wanna play, sometimes I want a fast paced no holds barred zb match, other times it's nice to be able to get away and breath for a second.

• 2 weeks later...

Not me. I prefer a long standoff to the fast, nix that....extremely fast matches of zero bloom gametypes. Now, if they toned down the rate of fire, then I might like it...a little. It took me a while to get used to the firing, last time I played was against Ghetto testing a forge map. I still had the habit of pulling the trigger as if the rate of fire was from standard gameplay. Needless to say I got owned. Then again, maybe it's just a subconscious part of me that cannot change or adapt to the tweaks.

• Like 1

Syndicate, bloom is not the real issue here. the issue is how they tied the blooming reticule adjustment into adjusting the firing spread of the dmr and other weapons. Bloom itself just shows you how much of a cool down period there is between shots before the system increases the radius of the weapons spread. All they did was make the firing radius and timing adjustable in an easy way that even the community could understand. It takes too much time to efficiently describe and corollate all the tag specific data and mechanics to properly explain the system ina way that a majority of players would accept.

Just for ease of understanding, zero bloom just gives the DMR, Pistol etc, a more battle rifle firing effect. it adds nothing to skill, just allows you to pound the trigger without any negative side effects. Aiming is little issue, as the "hitboxes" for the heads is slightly greater than that of the previous titles. Having a firing radius that expands and contracts based on how you fire the weapon, makes it require more skill. There is no such thing as luck in a video game or life. Luck is term used to explain the end product of a certain chain of events that have played out without 100% knowledge of the observer or participant. True luck would imply that life or a game has no set variables or rules ruling actions and effects.

Zero bloom gives Reach the more HALO effect.

Taking away bloom does indeed add the illusion of skill that having bloom takes away. A perfect shot can not get a kill because when bloom happens, the shot can go ANYWHERE in that reticule. Zero bloom shows who does indeed have the better shot. Not only does it show that you have the better shot, it increases the skill gap of the game.

Reach isn't Halo. Bloom isn't Halo.

Zero Bloom is Halo.

Zero bloom gives Reach the more HALO effect.

Taking away bloom does indeed add the illusion of skill that having bloom takes away. A perfect shot can not get a kill because when bloom happens, the shot can go ANYWHERE in that reticule. Zero bloom shows who does indeed have the better shot. Not only does it show that you have the better shot, it increases the skill gap of the game.

Reach isn't Halo. Bloom isn't Halo.

Zero Bloom is Halo.

I don't know what you're talking about, but Reach is Halo. What you call "bloom" has been in every Halo title since Halo: CE.

• 2 weeks later...

What all you guys are saying is total BS. How does spamming the trigger occur only when bloom is present. By adding bloom, bungie prevented trigger spamming by making it less effective. Bloom makes your weapon act like a real gun would (recoil from a shot throws you out of alignment a little).

What is wrong with you noobs, do you have a 3 years old's comprehension of physics or something!!!???

Zero bloom is okay as long as the magnum is nerfed and the AR beefed up because it SUCKS compared to the dmr with zero bloom! I mean ive played zero bloom and its great kindal like halo 3, but the magnum in the TU means everyone just sprays it and kills super fast. having a better AR would balance the DMR and magnum in close quarters (yes i know you cant use the AR in zero bloom but i played a lot of TU so i know the dmr is way better then the AR)

Lets get this straight before i give my opinion on zero bloom. Ive been play halo sense H1. Also i played Semi-Professionally in H2 and H3. When Reach launched i thought it was a failure. I stopped playing halo because of bloom. Now that ZB/No Bloom is out, im playing Halo again. It feels good even in reach. Plz keep it and never bring Bloom back -__-

So you want and think all precision weapons should have no firing spread what so ever, nor suffer from spamming the trigger? Interesting, cause the way it sounds...is that you don't want to have to read your opponents movements or earn your kill. In that case, perhaps those who hate stock Reach, should go back to Halo 3 and spam the Battle Rifle....

Just to make sure you have the right idea...you know bloom is firing spread right? It's not that little reticule widget that expands when spamming the trigger. And just an FYI....even the BR from halo 3 has a slight varying vector error..oooops sorry....firing spread.

• Like 2