343i 47th Weekly Community Poll

BeckoningZebra1

Welcome all to the 47th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Last week the Community was asked which non-Halo 4 weapon should make its return in Halo 5. The Community has voted, and the results of the poll are in!

The Plasma Rifle! Before you jump on the plasma rifle bandwagon though, be sure to check out how Site Moderator, RedStarRocket91, feels about non-Halo 4 weapons returning in his a very thought-provoking post here:

Since the SMG has already been confirmed, I'm actually just going to out and say that I don't think any non-Halo 4 weapons should make a return. Halo 4 has, by far, the biggest and broadest weapon sandbox of all the Halo games to date: the only weapons it doesn't have are the Plasma Rifle and Repeater, the Plasma Cannon, the SMG, the Sentinel Beam, the Rocket Pod, the Brute Shot, the Grenade Launcher and a few of the vehicles. Of these: the repeater was worthless anyway, the Rifle has been replaced, the Cannon did the same job as the Fuel Rod Gun but worse, the SMG is coming back, the Sentinel Beam was rare and ineffective, the Rocket Pod's AA role has been replaced by the Rocket Launcher, the Brute Shot is an ugly Concussion Rifle, the Grenade Launcher is essentially a Sticky Detonator, and the various vehicles, while cool, were just racial variants of things like the Warthog and Mongoose.

What I want to see are completely new weapons. Halo 4 had some really interesting new tools, like the Railgun, the Binary Rifle, and the SAW, so let's see more stuff like that. Let's have some new grenade types besides bouncy and sticky; let's have some new support weapons, rather than raw damage dealers; let's have weapons which kills crews without damaging vehicles; let's have a gun which fires Frag Grenades in rapid succession. We've already used things which have been in previous Halo games, let's have some new weapons to learn to love and fear!

This week's poll has to do with a core part of what makes online Halo multiplayer what we've come to know and love today, but this week's community poll would like to question that fundamental value, and see how the community feels about it.

Would you ever want Halo's Radar replaced or accompanied by a mini-map?

Radar.jpg

Leave your thoughts along with your vote below.

Voting ends 10-06-2014 @ 6:00 AM EST 

Thanks for participating in the Weekly Community Poll 
and See y'all next week!      :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message BZ1.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 1

No. There's really no point. The radar is there for finding your opponents in immediate territory. A Map would serve no such purpose. It just doesn't make any sense to replace that pivotal part of Halo. Having it accompany the radar somewhere else on the screen would just be clutter that I wouldn't prefer looking at.

Now, I wouldn't mind a map that you can pull up in the middle of a game for reference on where types of weapons are spawned at. If you ever played Gears of War 3 MP, and just started a game, it shows this type of map.

Edited by rrhuntington

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The way it works now is plain and simple, just a red dot that indicates where (moving) enemies and friendlies are in a certain radius.

This radar doesn't really show you where enemies are exactly which leaves you kind of predicting where they are. This usually works better when you know the map from the top of your head and so you have a slight advantage when you're experienced, but your intuition might still prove you wrong.

A mini map on the other hands shows you the enite lay-out of your surroundings. A red dot appearing on that would tell you where they are exactly . There is a reason that it's a killstreak power in CoD because it pin-points your position and blow your cover (if you had any). Pro's would see you on the mini map, bounce a well aimed frag at towards you and blow your head clean off with a follow up shot. Not my type of game.

Now you could still dodge this by crouching but that would slow down the pace of the game entirely. Which is not a good thing might I add.

Just leave it the way it is. A complete mini map would just make it that much harder to get flanks off and make the game a bit too predictable.

• Like 1

Nope

The current radar system is lovely and gets the job done. Not only that but its so simple that it works perfectly in forge maps(where as creating a minimap might cause some issues with custom maps)

However the idea of a minimap in Halo seems like something that would be useful in Campaign or Firefight but even there I still prefer the current radar system. Halo 4 also made massive improvements with being able to indicate if the enemy was above or below you. 

Hmm, good question.

How about instead of changing the radar into a mini-map, incorporate smartglass tech into the game where you can view the map and weapon spawns via your phone/tablet. 

That way you get the best of both worlds without giving an unfair advantage and not changing the game itself.

Well, minimap? Grand Theft Halo: San Requiem would be underway.

I think it should stay as it is. A minimap would give too much away and the gameplay will be dis-balanced by it, lovely for a camper. Maybe, in campaign, like the ODST Map would be kinda nice, though wouldn't make sense, either, unless you were given schematics of a known region... which is never a case in halo.

So, keep it to a motion tracker, keep it classic. :heart: