Would you recommend League of Legends to me?

Sniper0092

League of Legends is not really an RTS game, it has some elements of it, but is not a true RTS game. If you are looking for a true RTS, try to pick up Starcraft II, or Age of Empires 2 or 3, which are available on Steam. My first RTS game was Age of Empires 2, and I still play it, as do hundreds of thousands of others on a weekly basis. Age of Empires 3 is also a great game. 

But if you do decide to play League, a few of the other members on the forums play as well, and would be more than happy with playing with you.

• Like 1

Just adding on to Sikslik's point above.

If you love Halo Wars, try getting Supreme Commander 2 for the computer and 360.  I've been playing it for ages and would recommend it. In terms of buying LoL, I can't really give an opinion as i have never played it before. I would advise you to watch some game play on it on Youtube just in-case if you buy it and don't like it.

Hope this helped.  

I played a tad bit of LoL, and can't say I was WoWed (lulz pun). League of Legends is not an RTS game by any means. 

Which means that comparing it to Starcraft II, Civilization, or any other RTS game won't do it the proper justice.

I would venture that it's more like Gauntlet Legends or Smash TV in the style of gameplay, only with other players as the enemy rather than hordes of easily killed monsters followed by boss fights. So if you've played Gauntlet Legends and thought to yourself, "Hey, this game would be so much better if there were four other people on the opposing side fighting me and my friends tactically" then I would recommend League of Legends. 

I can't say how good the gameplay is since I haven't played, but do not play it unless you can resist addicting games easily. One of my friends got into it a few months ago and has never been the same since. Almost all his time is consumed by League, he can only manage a proper conversation once every 3 weeks or so.

As the others above have said it isn't really a RTS but it is still a very good game. It has some negatives but for me they are outweighed by the positives. I have played League quite a bit and I enjoy it and would also play it with you, if you are in my general area. (Europe West). However as i said there are negatives. It can be addictive, time consuming to play and the community is mostly very toxic.

As the others above have said it isn't really a RTS but it is still a very good game. It has some negatives but for me they are outweighed by the positives. I have played League quite a bit and I enjoy it and would also play it with you, if you are in my general area. (Europe West). However as i said there are negatives. It can be addictive, time consuming to play and the community is mostly very toxic.

I tried it, It's fun :D I live in the states, my username is the same there.