Halo: Escalation #10 Available Now

343iBot

escallation10_head-34203b92a6b842ed8c1c3

The Master Chief returns in “The Next 72 Hours” part 3! What happened to the Master Chief immediately following the events of Halo 4, and what do those events mean for the future of the crew on the UNSC Infinity? Halo lead writer Brian Reed (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel) and Ricardo Sánchez reveal all in the thrilling conclusion to this Halo event!

Published by Dark Horse Comics, Halo: Escalation spins directly out of the events of Halo 4. Below, check out pages 1-6 of Halo: Escalation #10.

escalation10_1s-51a1f4a514a142f786be028e escalation10_2s-78491522404a45e7ad9c4541

Page 01

Page 02

escalation10_3s-978fb9841c974af39b7178d7 escalation10_4s-7427be6020564fd28f6518f9

Page 03

Page 04

escalation10_5s-d3da1704ecd840718fa8d339 escalation10_6s-999305228481492da0993357

Page 05

Page 06

Visit the official Dark Horse website to purchase Halo: Escalation #10.

^
^
^

There are many reasons it sucks.....

1 Everything happens too past in issue eight within the few pages or so Chief is already back in action fighting with Blue team again, and both Chief and blue team express little reaction to seeing one another again after about 7 years.

2 The art work can look really bland at times, issue 10 tries to fix it and to some extent it does, but it still looks, cold, lifeless and boring.

3 Seems almost pointless SPOILERS INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected  issue 8 to 10 to be a turning point, but nope, Halo 4 set up Halo 5 and this comic series really well, then the comic series just dumps all that stuff out the window. As Chief seems even more like the robot he was pre Halo 4.

I mean at the end Hood, gives Chief some time off, What does Chief do?c Gathers up Blue team and keeps on fighting! :orly: I thought he was discovering his humanity or something like that......

343 like Wol nope!

I mean like I expected issue 8 to 10 to bridge the cap, but it only widens it. In the end..... the Didact is defeat and Chief and Blue team keeping fighting reunited.

What a waste..... it gives us less questions and more answers. Chief doesn't even seems to care about Cortana being lost anyway....

So yes Hunt, the series does suck.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

it isnt worth it. Unless you really want the specific details I am actually dissapointed how quickly this issue was handled

I wasn't planning on getting it too soon anyway. For something that's $3.00 it must have been pretty disappointing to say it isn't worth the price.

I mean at the end Hood, gives Chief some time off, What does Chief do?c Gathers up Blue team and keeps on fighting! :orly: I thought he was discovering his humanity or something like that......

Here is a theory for that.

We know the monitor tells Chief how to make the Didact go away, but we don't get to read what he actually tells him. We also know that the Didact is not dead and is more like 'contained' according to Chief's words. So given that we saw the Didact's physical body being composed it changes our perspective of how the Didact is immune to being composed. My theory is that the monitor mentioned to Chief that the Didact would be composed, but would eventually become 'uncomposed' somehow. The forerunner have technology that can turn organic matter into digital stuff and vice versa. This is the point that it dawns on Chief that he could maybe bring back Cortana like this and so begins his journey to go find how to do this, hence him ignoring Admiral Hood.

Since we see him alone in that trailer maybe it is possible that he almost becomes mad doing this driving everyone away.

Other than that I was sort of disappointed that none of Blue team was killed by the Didact.

Edited by WonderWombat