343i 46th Weekly Community Poll

BeckoningZebra1

Welcome all to the 46th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Sorry for the delay this week, hopefully it won't happen again. 

Anyways, the results from last week's poll are in. According to the 45th 343i Weekly Community Poll, the non-Halo 4 vehicle that should make its return in Halo is:

THE HORNET! Check out TheSilverCenturion's breakdown on why it deserves to return:

Easy: Hornet.

Reason: The Hornet helped balance the UNSC/Covenant combat system. It was great equivalent to the Covie Banshee. Both matched up fairly as well.

Banshee Vs. Hornet
Speed: Banshee (Boost)

Handling: Hornet 

Weapons: Draw (Miniguns/Missles on both)

Capacity: Hornet (two passengers)

Durability: Draw

Splatter Strength: Banshee

Overall, I think it really helped balance out the vehicles out better. You could pilot the Hornet yourself and still be able to fight against enemies, where with the Falcon it was required to have a passenger to have weapons... and even then, that only protected one side of the Falcon. Overall, I believe that the Falcon is the superior vehicle and should make a return in the future.

This week's question is similar in form to last week's, but is a different subject all together. This week's community poll asks, 

Which non-Halo 4 weapon should make its return in Halo 5?

halo-3-weapons.jpg

Leave your thoughts along with your vote below.

Voting ends 9-29-2014 @ 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for participating in the Weekly Community Poll 
and See y'all next week!     :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message BZ1.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

If I didn't know it was already coming back, I'd say SMG. But there are two weapons I'd like to see come back.

The first is a personal favorite of mine, and that's the spiker... and that's about the only reason I want it back, I love that monkey weapon.

The one I think should come back is the plasma rifle. With the old Arbiter Elites making a return, it would be nice to see this weapon return. For the first three Halo games, this was the premier Elite weapon. It was cool, sleek, and could be dual wielded. I much prefer it over the bulkier Plasma repeater or Storm rifle.

• Like 1

^
^

Hunt, I just made your day.... :)

SMG IS BACK BABY! http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140812152039/halo/images/8/8e/Halo_5_Gamescom_SMG.PNG

I want the Slienced Smg to return, because it looks smexy, sleek and just was cool for stealth scenes in machimas with the Sniper rifle.

Some maybe H5g has two Smgs, one silenced one loud.

I would love if the Plasma Rifle came back. It was replaced by the inferior "Storm Rifle" and it just wasn't the same :( 

I miss mowing down my enemies with a hail of suppressant Plasma fire. It felt so good to get a range kill with that weapon and paired with a Carbine it did some work in Firefight/Campaign 

:( R.I.P Plasma Rifle :( 

Since the SMG has already been confirmed, I'm actually just going to out and say that I don't think any non-Halo 4 weapons should make a return. Halo 4 has, by far, the biggest and broadest weapon sandbox of all the Halo games to date: the only weapons it doesn't have are the Plasma Rifle and Repeater, the Plasma Cannon, the SMG, the Sentinel Beam, the Rocket Pod, the Brute Shot, the Grenade Launcher and a few of the vehicles. Of these: the repeater was worthless anyway, the Rifle has been replaced, the Cannon did the same job as the Fuel Rod Gun but worse, the SMG is coming back, the Sentinel Beam was rare and ineffective, the Rocket Pod's AA role has been replaced by the Rocket Launcher, the Brute Shot is an ugly Concussion Rifle, the Grenade Launcher is essentially a Sticky Detonator, and the various vehicles, while cool, were just racial variants of things like the Warthog and Mongoose.

What I want to see are completely new weapons. Halo 4 had some really interesting new tools, like the Railgun, the Binary Rifle, and the SAW, so let's see more stuff like that. Let's have some new grenade types besides bouncy and sticky; let's have some new support weapons, rather than raw damage dealers; let's have weapons which kills crews without damaging vehicles; let's have a gun which fires Frag Grenades in rapid succession. We've already used things which have been in previous Halo games, let's have some new weapons to learn to love and fear!

• Like 2

I'd like the plasma rifles back, both the Elite and Brute one.

Although they lack a bit in power by themselves, dual-wielding them could wreck your opponent... One of the reasons I'd like dual-wielding back too ;)

Somehow I don't really like the Storm Rifle in terms of being the standard Elite weapon. The Plasma Rifle looks much better and suits the Elites more. Also... Nostalgia.