How should master chief story end at Halo 6.

Jameson Locke

How about he shouldn't die?

There will always be baddies to fight and the Masterchief will be there to face and destroy them.

Either that or I'll sob my guts out if he dies...

We don't even have the faintest clue of what Halo 5 is going to be about yet, so I think it's too early to even consider what should happen in Halo 6 (if there even is a Halo 6). That said - I'm fairly certain the Chief is ultimately going to be killed. As a Spartan, and particularly as a Spartan-II, there's just no way he could ever integrate into normal society: even assuming he avoids suffering from PTSD, for someone whose whole life has been war and who has no experience of ordinary, everyday life, he probably wouldn't even understand the concept of just sitting around, watching the television and doing nothing productive with his days. If he actually does survive the games, then I'd guess he'd spend the final few years of his life where he's too old to be in active service either performing a similar role to Chief Mendez, or working in some other capacity for the UNSC.

Although I'd like to see Chief die by the end of the Reclaimer Saga, I don't want it to be some cliched a stereotypical death where he sacrifices his life to save the galaxy.

Instead, I want Chief's death to doom the galaxy.

I want Chief and his grief from his inability to save Cortana to play a rather large (pivotal) role in the return of the Flood. Specifically, I'm imagining an eventuality where a Gravemind stowed within a Flood Containment Facility manipulates Chief into releasing it by sending him hallucinations of Cortana that delude him into believing that she's still alive and thus compelling him to leave the UNSC in order to find her.

And when Chief does reach where "Cortana" tells him to go, not only does he find that the messages from Cortana were actually from a Gravemind, but the button that he just pressed to recover her is actually a button to release the Gravemind from containment.

Chief is assimilated and the Flood escapes from the facility shortly thereafter.

• Like 3

Chief is the single most main character of the entire Halo series, so if he were to die, it should be on the last (if there is a last) game: After the floods escape (somehow), Chief and the Arbiter evacuate the last planet with the Flood, staying behind....(sound familiar?). With no ride home, and thousands of Flood infested creatures approaching, Chief and Arby plant a nuke bomb in the last Gravemind, fighting off the Flood until they overwhelm them, Arby getting injured first, still fighting, then both of them ultimately killed by the Flood. Seconds later, the bomb detonates, destroying the whole planet with the Flood. No Spartans will be left alive (meaning Jameson Locke died earlier....At the hands of Jul M'Dama who flees the planet), but Earth is saved....Or is it?

End Cutscene: Lasky is staring at the window of the Infinity, telling Chief's life story. Once he's done, the surroundings fade to black, leaving only Lasky, then........BOOM!!!! A Flood infection form consumes Lasky, and the screen goes black

I changed my mind. This will be Halo 10 (If there is one)   :bananachief:  :bananachief: 

#LongLiveArbiter!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not just talking about the story, i'm talking about if he should live or die.

FOR THE PEOPOE WHO WANT HIM TO LIVE:

What should he do when he stops the Didact and comes back to the UNSC without dying

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANTS A HEROS DEATH:

How should he die like a hero and a badass

If Master Chief could top this then I'd be pretty happy.

I don't care if he lives or dies.

But maybe if he survives he gives up being a Spartan or something realising he is not longer needed or something like that.

Better than the generic oh he died after killing a ton of guys or something dumb like that.

Also I hate to say it but about the Arby and Chief thing.....

Brothers to the end and all that stuff? Arby and Chief were never like that. If anything they were mutual acquaintances.
The only meaningful interaction they had was at the start of the game was when Chief pointed a gun to his face....

Brothers to the end..... :D

Edited by Emperor Caboose
  • Like 1